[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Raiders have fired Dennis Allen

Wolverines Fan

And in other news...an acorn fell in my backyard.

The Raiders are an absolute mess. If Lombardi came back he couldn't even get this team to do anything, and he was in my view the greatest coach who ever lived (and yes, I'm a Bears fan).

• Like 1

Gotta evolve with the game Davis didn't and that's why a storied franchise is the laughing stock of the NFL. So what he was great in the 70's-80's that's almost 40 years ago

So what he was great in the 70s? Because most idiots don't remember that AL was great back then. I don't like the Raiduhs, but am trying to keep it real. People need to know that dude knew his honda back in the day. He was incredible and built a dynasty unlike any other.

YES, in the later years the Raiders lost it and Al lost it, but people need to know that Al Davis was not the butt of a joke, but a goddamn pioneer of professional football. He was a pioneer....probably the greatest AFL pioneer that existed.

• Like 1

The Raiders remind me of some crappy cafe on the outskirts of town. Every time you go there it is under new management but the place still is one inspector visit from being shut down and the it is always the same bad food. They just throw some paint on the outside and change the sign. It is effectively the exact same bad place every year, just with new names to learn despite the promise that you will never go back there.

• Like 2

So what he was great in the 70s? Because most idiots don't remember that AL was great back then. I don't like the Raiduhs, but am trying to keep it real. People need to know that dude knew his honda back in the day. He was incredible and built a dynasty unlike any other.

YES, in the later years the Raiders lost it and Al lost it, but people need to know that Al Davis was not the butt of a joke, but a goddamn pioneer of professional football. He was a pioneer....probably the greatest AFL pioneer that existed.

Had Pete Rozzell not trucked him out of John Elway he would have likely continued his dynasty through the 80s and 90s.

That is all true, but his legacy will be his complete ineptness in the last 10-20 years of his ownership. 40 years ago is ancient history in the SB era of the NFL. (Most fans don't know or acknowledge the many pre SB championships by teams like Lions, Packers, Browns, Giants). Heck some don't even know who Jim Brown was or how great he is.