[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone else frustrated with VJax?

ShuckCreations

Seriously, I'm really conflicted about Vincent Jackson. I drafted him in the 3rd round to be my top receiver and the guy is like Victor Cruz 2.0 for me from last year. I feel like I need to start him because I drafted him so high but he either doesn't produce or he scores a touchdown in the last few minutes of the game. If I wanted boom or bust anxiety I'd pick up someone like Reuben Randle.

Heh, I'm tempted to sit or even trade him but I just know he'll go off once I do that. What value does he have at this point? Could I get good trade value out of him based on potential?

Grr...it's frustrating. My waiver wire pickups are doing better at this point. Anyone else feeling the hurt?

Edited by ShuckCreations

I think VJax is who he has always been, and that's a boom or bust big play WR. His boom can be so big that he is still a top end WR2, but you absolutely must have consistency elsewhere in your lineup to survive his 2 catch weeks.

FWIW, I like him better with Glennon under center.

I guess when making my stat sheets I failed to note the boom or bust part. That's something I need to factor in my formulas for next year for sure. I prefer consistency but you do make a point there. With most other players providing consistent numbers is it good to have 1 boom or bust type guy on the roster? I understand fantasy isn't won being conservative, there is risk involved. I just like to take as much of it out of the equation as possible.

Roster construction is a key component to fantasy success. For me, it tends to be driven by the flow of the draft. If my top picks end up being RBs, the I will tend to prefer VJax type WRs. I know those high end RBs will lay down steady points, so I want a WR that can blow it open. I might try to fill out my roster depth with highly targeted guys like Kendal Wright in later rounds.

If I take WRs early then I get consistency and upside and only need a few of them and will load up in boom or bust RBs. This is my preferred draft strategy but it doesn't work as well from the top of the draft.

I always want a mixture of steady guys and high volatility guys. It gives me week to week flexibility to optimize my lineup.

I think VJax is who he has always been, and that's a boom or bust big play WR. His boom can be so big that he is still a top end WR2, but you absolutely must have consistency elsewhere in your lineup to survive his 2 catch weeks.

FWIW, I like him better with Glennon under center.

I never thought he was as good as people made him out to be. He broke out and had some good years with the Chargers before going to TB. That was because SD threw the ball a lot and had a gunslinging QB in Rivers. TB doesn't have that, nor do they have many other threats on offense.

He's catching a few more balls in TB on many more targets, with about the same yards and TDs as his top years in SD. Haven't looked at game by game #s but my gut says he's more boom/bust now than he was in SD.