[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CPatt - Bench Fodder?

heehawks

Nobody seems to have brought up the fact that Cordarrelle Patterson is sucking big time. He had one decent game in the first week and that was because he ran for a long TD. Otherwise his stats are horrendous. I drank the cool aid this year hearing all the pundits talk about his speed, his route running has improved dramatically, that he was the one of the top scoring WR in the LEAGUE over the last 5 games last year, etc...etc...etc....I do have WR depth, so he's been riding the bench for the last 2 weeks, but man, his stats stink!

Dont' get me wrong, he IS a great talent. But what is the long-term outlook for him now that Bridgewater is under center? Is Norv just going to use him as a decoy and feed Wright and Jennings? He's got so few targets and he isn't running anymore either over the last 3 games. Just curious what you all think?

As an FYI...

Week 1: 5 targets 3-26 (3 rush, 102 yds, TD)

Week 2: 7 targets 4-56 (zero rush attempts)

Week 3: 5 targets 4-51 (1 rush, -7 yds)

Week 4: 4 targets 2-38 (zero rush attempts)

He may not be good enough for a nickname but he is good enough to be on a roster of any size of league. He will get his.

Zooty really? Patterson was the 12th ranked WR in the preseason. You want to drop him to pick up Jarius Wright? I wouldn't do that.

LOL, no just didn't connect Cpatt. Adrian Peterson was the #4 RB in pre-season. Not sure what being ranked 12 prior to the season has to do with anything

Anywho....

I own him in a few leagues. The only one where I'm starting him is my 16 team league. He's a bench player in my 10 team behind CJ, Cobb and right now Maclin. He can and will be more explosive than Maclin and I'll gladly start him again once he connects with his QB but right now I don't think he's much more than a WR3. But no I'm not dropping him. I'll hold until whoever becomes the QB in Minny decides to just toss it up to him every couple plays

Sooner or later heads are gonna roll in MIN if they don't get this guy more involved. He is far and away their most talented offensive weapon (especially with Peterson inactive). 1 carry since week one just makes zero sense. I haven't watched much of the MIN games, so unless teams are game planning to only stop him, it's a real head scratcher.

MIN needs a little offensive creativity.

How many folks took CPatt as their WR2 in the 4th or 5th rounds? I took in him in the 5th. Regardless of the potential you've got to play the best players. The difficult thing is remaining objective with that type of investment so fresh in your mind. Until he shows me more he sits. MFloyd and KAllen over him.

How many folks took CPatt as their WR2 in the 4th or 5th rounds? I took in him in the 5th. Regardless of the potential you've got to play the best players. The difficult thing is remaining objective with that type of investment so fresh in your mind. Until he shows me more he sits. MFloyd and KAllen over him.

I had him as my WR3 (6th) behind AJ Green & Crabtree. Hawkins is my only other viable option right now though with Gordon stashed & Devante Adams not getting enough looks in Green Bay. Adams may be a short-timer on my squad simply because I cannot afford to wait on both him & Gordon.

I'm benching him for the first week this week, our relationship just isn't what I had hoped for. Maybe a little counciling might help mend our broken trust, but for right now it is best for me to move on...... I drank the kool-aid on CP, Ellington and Ball this year, so it is safe to say the first quarter of the season has been bad for me in all leagues!

Edited by dope man

im baffled.....while i did invest in him rather early(not just on hype alone...but i grabbed him late off waivers last year and he was so nice down the stretch) luckily i targeted and nabbed benjamin which is making up for it

the overall lack of targets/touches just seems baffling.....ive yet to watch a vikes game this year so i cant really comment and havent really seen any articles detailing the problems or an explanation.....i understand that with the hype and what he did in the first game...giving him jet sweeps and running plays might not be worth it right now....because i feel like everyone is looking for it and ready to pounce....but ive just seen so many other guys in other cities get force fed the ball with high percentage throws......i remember watching the 9ers/cards game a couple weeks ago and watched crabtree grab 10 balls mostly off of quick screen throws.....i really cant understand the lack of overall targets....

ive already resigned myself to the fact that hell probably go off one of these weeks soon and hell be on my bench....thats just the way it has to be and i cant let myself be bothered by it

One other thing people should note, because I keep seeing it posted on both fantasy and non-fantasy football articles regarding CPatt. He is NOT being used as a decoy. The idea that they are going to use their most talented player as a decoy in an offense who lost the one player who was a difference maker is ludicrous. Throw in the fact that he is completely unproven as a player and no defense is going to be keying in on him. Yes on some formations or sets the defense may do it when seeing him in a formation he has taken hand-offs on in the past, but no defense is going in to play the Vikings and saying "we need to stop this guy or we are done for". This kid has had one significant game as a receiver and has only broken 100 yards receiving once. This is not the kind of player you use as a decoy outside of maybe running go patterns to clear the safeties out. Patterson has a long way to go as a WR. The talent is there, but he has plenty left to work on before teams actually worry about him on a regular basis.

Honestly I couldn't believe how high he was ranked coming into the season. I would have drafted him as a reserve/bye week replacement and drafted him well after I had all other starters minus Def and K in place. I actually drafted Greg Jennings in a late round and felt I had the #1 WR from Minnesota despite CPatt going 8 rounds ahead of him.

I would have been more annoyed at his performance/production except I only have him in 1 out of 6 leagues, and in that 1 league I used up a final round draft pick to keep him from last season. Still, I was expecting consistent WR2 numbers heading into the season, and after how the last 4 weeks have gone he's heading to my bench behind Dez, Sanders, and Hopkins (who I just had to trade for to shore things up).