[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for Brady

Patriots

I'd say not too much. I like the idea of targeting Brady. I own him in a league and luckily I'm 3-1. Everyone lost hope in him but I am one of the few that believes that someway, somehow, he turns it around. Coming from a Giants fan.

Would you play Cousins on the road, or Brady at home? Brady is worth a roulette play when at home IMO.

To answer the question, what Brady (or any other) player is "worth" depends on the trade offer and each team's needs. On any trade, your opponent will look at your team and try to find fat (depth). Why does this trade make sense to each team. Assuming nether of the teams trading are newbies or idiots, the trade offer (the one you take), should be engraved in your head, and you have to give up something to get something in return.

Do you actually think a Brady owner is going to going to be so panicked right now that he'll give him up for Taliaferro? Would you? ...or would you wait a few weeks? If you want Brady, Jordan Reed, Knowshown... the guy who was drafted and stashed all this time, you have to give enough to overshadow the "what if" when they return to potential greatness... or follow the current path of misery?

Here's how you actually make a trade IMO.

1) Don't fear being wrong.

There are so many guys who won't make a trade unless it's so one-sided they can't be considered a fool by someone. So fearful they'd rather wind up 6-8 than make a trade and be wrong. If you make a great trade, you might have been wrong, so until the cards play out, you don't know if you were right, but you do know someone is going to think you got the short end, and if I doesn't pay out and you were wrong, you'll take some slack for it. Who cares? Rub some dirt on it and try again next year... at least you did something to try and turn it around.

If anyone would like to add to the list, share your trading wisdom.

Edited by Thews40
  • Like 1

2) You have to give something to get something.

3) Counter offer. I'm not always going to give you my best offer up front, sometimes I'm just testing the waters.

Great points as well.

On 2 don't ask for my stud at one position and offer me average players (even multiple players)

On 3 I'll often start with an email rather than an outright trade on the website. "Hey I see you could use some help at this position where I'm pretty strong. Would player Y be available in a trade for player Y." Or maybe just a simple "Is player X available, I'd be willing to trade QB/RB or draft picks.

One other point I'd add

4) Most owners will value their own players higher than you do. (This goes to the Brady thing, as thews said their owners may not be so quick to panic even thought you want to get him on the cheap.)