[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 5 Tight End Sleepers

DjBootleg813

My week 5 fantasy sleepers

1. Owen Daniels – Ravens

O. Daniels is the number TE in Baltimore since D. Pitta was placed on IR. The Ravens use their tight ends pretty consistently, Pitta was averaging almost 7 catches a game before getting hurt. He has a favorable match up going against a Colts defense who has been giving up an average of over 17 points to opposing tight ends.

2. Eric Ebron – Lions

E. Ebron is not a number 1 TE for the lions, however they are using the TE position quite a bit in Detroit. Also the lions go up against a Bills defense that have aloud an average of over 12 points per game to TE’s.

3. Richard Rodgers – Packers

R. Rodgers had a good game in week 4, getting his first 2 catches of his rookie career. A. Rodgers (QB) has to trust the WO to throw his way. With Jordy Nelson being doubled is most games A. Rod will look else where. Since R. Rodgers was so sure handed in week 4, Aaron Rodgers will absolutely look his way again against a Vikings defense surrendering an average of 12 points to opposing tight ends.

4. Lance Kendricks – Rams

L. Kendricks is the number 1 TE in St. Louis, and goes up against a Eagles defense who are rendering an average of over 9 points per game to tight ends. Not to mention the Rams are ranked 9th in the NFL for passing yards.

5. Dwayne Allen – Colts

D. Allen has been averaging 11 points per game. The way A. Luck has been throwing the ball and the Colts being ranks 1st in the league for passing yards per game. I’m surprised that Allen isn’t more popular, especially whats he has been averaging. Although he does have somewhat of a tough match up against a Ravens defense only allowing 5.5 points to tight ends. But again the way Luck has been throwing the ball, D. Allen should have at least 40 yards and a touchdown.

My week 5 fantasy sleepers for TIGHT END are as posted on my blog..

1. Owen Daniels – Ravens

O. Daniels is the number TE in Baltimore since D. Pitta was placed on IR. The Ravens use their tight ends pretty consistently, Pitta was averaging almost 7 catches a game before getting hurt. He has a favorable match up going against a Colts defense who has been giving up an average of over 17 points to opposing tight ends.

2. Eric Ebron – Lions

E. Ebron is not a number 1 TE for the lions, however they are using the TE position quite a bit in Detroit. Also the lions go up against a Bills defense that have aloud an average of over 12 points per game to TE’s.

R. Rodgers had a good game in week 4, getting his first 2 catches of his rookie career. A. Rodgers (QB) has to trust the WO to throw his way. With Jordy Nelson being doubled is most games A. Rod will look else where. Since R. Rodgers was so sure handed in week 4, Aaron Rodgers will absolutely look his way again against a Vikings defense surrendering an average of 12 points to opposing tight ends.

L. Kendricks is the number 1 TE in St. Louis, and goes up against a Eagles defense who are rendering an average of over 9 points per game to tight ends. Not to mention the Rams are ranked 9th in the NFL for passing yards.

5. Dwayne Allen – Colts

D. Allen has been averaging 11 points per game. The way A. Luck has been throwing the ball and the Colts being ranks 1st in the league for passing yards per game. I’m surprised that Allen isn’t more popular, especially whats he has been averaging. Although he does have somewhat of a tough match up against a Ravens defense only allowing 5.5 points to tight ends. But again the way Luck has been throwing the ball, D. Allen should have at least 40 yards and a touchdown.

allowed
  • Like 1

Good list, I have Daniels. What about Jared Cook? I picked him up off waiver wires this week. He had 21 targets through his first 3 games and a bye last week. Yeah it's probably not a good idea to shove your starting QB during a game, but the Rams don't seem to have many options at WR so he may get a lot of targets by default. Anyone starting him this week?

oooof, you're really just guessing aren't you?

Chasing points with Ebron. Rodgers is due any week now! Kendrik hasn't been a factor in 3 years. Daniels kind of no-brainer with Pitta out and hey he produced already this year. I like Allen too but he's a week to week crap-shoot with Fleener siphoning off touches.

Good luck with the blog, you an every other guy who wins his local and thinks he's an expert. Go bold and make the call that Arians finally figures out it's OK to throw to a TE and has a good one in Carlson or predict that Luke Willson finally erupts coming off the bye and Miller on the shelf.

Sleeper TEs for week 5

Jared Cook

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Garrett Graham

Clay Harbor

Richard Rodgers

I think Allen is an every-week starter in most formats. I can't explain what happened in Week 2, but he's been solid other than that. Of course, to play devil's advocate, he's also scored a TD in all three of those weeks. In other words, without the scores, his numbers/targets would be mediocre. Still, I'll take the #1 TE on that offense, if I don't have a better (top 7-10) option.

Ebron is a dynasty hold, and nothing more, at this point. Same with Rodgers, although you could say the same about the other GB TE (Bostick). Both are more talented/athletic than Quarless (even though he has more experience).

I think Daniels and Kendricks will both be relatively inconsistent, going forward. Daniels owners will be chasing the points that he scored in Week 2. I think he's a serviceable option in deep leagues, but I wouldn't count on more than 3-4 catches for 40 yards most weeks. Kendricks I will keep an eye on, simply because Cook is a bit of a moron, but Cook has still been the better performer of the two, thus far. Unfortunately, I've owned both (Cook and Kendricks) in part years, and neither one has ever been a consistent fantasy producer (so I'm skeptical at best).

ETA: Of course, Cook has outscored Allen so far this year, so I might sound crazy. I just think Allen has more upside (to get better as the year goes on), while I have a feeling we've seen Cook's best weeks already. That said, as long as Cook is playing, he and Kendricks seem to share production/targets, meaning neither one is better than a top 15-20 option.

Edited by Gopher

My week 5 fantasy sleepers

1. Owen Daniels – Ravens

2. Eric Ebron – Lions

5. Dwayne Allen – Colts

whoaaaa a lot of hate going on here..

your dartboard isn't very good

I wish someone would figure out which WW TE was going to emerge. I've gotten 9.4 total pts out of the position in 5 weeks. Pitta going down killed me. Then Paul getting his head caved in was a bad break. Then Garrett Graham getting one target against the 32nd ranked Cowboys hurt..............

:clap:

I think that Kelce kid for the Chiefs may get a shot over Fasano. I'd buy now

I actually just sold...and sold very high :brow:

I'm rolling with Cameron this week. He had 7 targets in week 5 which is a very good sign. Hoyer seems to like Jordan, but he does spread the ball around more than I would like. Hopefully Hoyer goes back to being a game manager and focuses on Jordan more. We shall see.

I actually just sold...and sold very high :brow:

I'm rolling with Cameron this week. He had 7 targets in week 5 which is a very good sign. Hoyer seems to like Jordan, but he does spread the ball around more than I would like. Hopefully Hoyer goes back to being a game manager and focuses on Jordan more. We shall see.

You were the butt end of that trade. JMHO.