[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ2K + Cousins for Ellington?

crazyascarl

I want to upgrade my RB's. My rosters is below but basically I'm in a 2QB league with Cousins as my back-up to Luck and Cutler.

I would love to get some more power from my RB but don't really have the depth or trading power (short of Jimmy Graham... who I figure isn't worth parting with) to get an RB1.

All his QB's are hurt (and there are few serviceable free agent QB's) I initially went totally lopsided and proposed Cousins and Chris Johnson for Gio. They declined but said they might entertain the same trade for Ellington. Is that giving up too much for a moderate improvement in RB?

I could fill the vacant spot with a few options-- Palmer is available and could be stashable until week 9 or 10 when my guys are on byes. McKinnon or Golden Tate are also available.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't do that trade. Right now in my standard league, Chris Johnson is averaging 7.3ppg through 4 games and Ellington is averaging 7.5ppg through 3 games. That's only an upgrade of 0.2ppg, plus you're giving up Cousins. I do think Ellington has a lot more upside than Johnson, but as of right now they're basically the same. In a two QB league I would think you could do better. Maybe Cousins for Ellington straight up if you think you really need another RB and there are no other better offers in your league. But it looks like you have Khiry Robinson who should be serviceable until Mark Ingram comes back. And by then, hopefully you have Ryan Mathews coming back from injury.

Khiry is likely only a viable starter for 1 more week (they play this week, then bye, the Ingram should be back). I'm hoping for a reliable rb2 and I can't help think ellington will get touches.. whereas Chris Johnson, not so sure.

I am not convinced cj2k is a good long term solution and was even pondering dropping him for mckinnon.

I'd do this trade. CJ is on timeshare and Cousins is very likely not going to continue to be the starting QB when RG3 comes back. Ellington is the full time back for the Cardinals. He has top 10 back potential this year. I think you are getting a steal.