[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice for this last place team

TDforTebow

So this year I convinced my dad to join one of my fantasy leagues. He's gone 0-4 so far, I feel really bad because I am hoping that this would be a nice experience for him but losing all your games is never fun at all. I'm hoping to help him out but I would really appreciate your suggestions.

His team:

QB: P. Rivers, R. Wilson

RB: T. Richardson, R. Bush, D. Williams

WR: S. Smith, V. Cruz, E. Sanders, V. Jackson

TE: J. Thomas, O. Daniels

K: C. Sturgis

D: Falcons

He has a few things going for him...Rivers has been putting up great numbers and will probably finish the season as one of the best fantasy QBs. Steve Smith has been on fire this season, and Julius Thomas is one of the best TE's out there.

However, he lacks depth and his RBs are not great. I'm going to help him play the waver wire and maybe help him work out a trade or two. Really I'd just like him to get a few wins. Any suggestions?

Cut Williams id say as long as there's a rb to pick up. Or try not to touch his starting line up. A package of Owen Daniels, d. Williams, either sanders or vjax not both, and Russell Wilson. You could put together a pretty nice cheap package based on another teams needs.

Always try and trade 2 or even 3 guys for one. You want to bolster his starting lineup not give him more mediocre choices

This is a 8-team standard scoring league. Yeah he hit a lot of back luck that screwed him early on. His first round pick was AP, somehow Ray Rice fell to the 2nd round in our league and he picked up Rice in the 2nd round. His 3rd round pick was RGIII (a lot of teams started picking QBs in the 2nd in the draft). So he is out of his first 3 draft choices.

I'd try and pkg Rivers and Sanders for a solid RB trade. Then drop DWilly for best wire RB (Sankey/McKinnon); not necessarily immediately serviceable, but clearly going to be so in a couple weeks...after that, play w/ FA list for another WR and obviously you'll be streaming D/STs