[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Done with Mr Cordarrelle Patterson

purplehays

Bridgewater might eventually find out who his best WRs are; but last week he liked Wright a bunch. Now it's back to typical Minnesota QB. Patterson will make his case as a talent someday. But, his over-optimistic ADP was one of the biggest head scratchers in 2014 FF drafts.

• Like 3

I started a 2nd kicker over him. What a bust, considering where he was drafted.

This sounds awfully familiar to 2009 when Harvin was crowned ROY. Every year since then we have heard, besides Harvin needs to stay healthy, that they have to find a way to get the ball in this guy's hands more. And teams do find a way to get him the ball more and he is always a threat to take one to the house from anywhere on the field. But like sproles and Hester, albeit, Harvin is more part of the game plan than Hester has ever been, They just aren't guys that can get the ball 100+ times a year. Harvin is never the go to guy on the team, he is not the jump ball guy, he is not highly targeted in the red zone. He is a change of pace utility player who may never catch for 1000 yards or score more than 7 TDs in a season.

Before I get too off topic on this, I think that Patterson and his height along with his speed will help him surpass Harvin's productivity. It just sounds eerily similar is all. I think once Patterson gets on the same page with a QB he will stand out in MIN as the go to guy. He has the potential to be everything Harvin was supposed to be.

Edited by Croe

Way too early to call him a bust, especially in dynasty/keeper leagues. In a redraft, I guess it depends on what you would be dropping him for. I was skeptical about his ADP as well (didn't draft him in any redraft leagues, and I only own him in one dynasty), but to be fair, he was being utilized (and getting a bunch of targets) in the pre-season. I just think a lot has changed for the Vikings, through a quarter of the season, and they are more than a bit lost. Lost QB1 to broken foot, lost QB2 to ankle, lost RB1 to that mess, lost TE1, lost best LB, etc.

On top of all of that, Ponder looked like a deer in the headlights last night. It was almost as if he reverted back to being a rookie in his first start. It was that bad. Maybe part of that is rust, having not played yet this year. I don't know. But, I wouldn't read too much into last night. That said, Patterson is certainly not startable at this point, even if Teddy is playing, unless we're talking REALLY deep leagues. I'd give it a couple of weeks with Bridgewater back, and see if he and Patterson start to develop any inkling of chemistry. If you can't wait that long (due to limited roster spots or whatever), cut bait. But, if you have a spot to hold on to him, I certainly would, just in case things turn around.

I'll add that, even though I'm a homer, I don't think you'll find a more skeptical homer in the state of MN (so I don't think I'm being the slightest bit optomistic). He's just got way too much talent/potential to let him go if you can avoid doing so. And, like I said, last night was bound to be a disaster from the time that it was declared that Ponder was under center. It just got a little bit uglier than I think most people expected.

This sounds awfully familiar to 2009 when Harvin was crowned ROY. Every year since then we have heard, besides Harvin needs to stay healthy, that they have to find a way to get the ball in this guy's hands more. And teams do find a way to get him the ball more and he is always a threat to take one to the house from anywhere on the field. But like sproles and Hester, albeit, Harvin is more part of the game plan than Hester has ever been, They just aren't guys that can get the ball 100+ times a year. Harvin is never the go to guy on the team, he is not the jump ball guy, he is not highly targeted in the red zone. He is a change of pace utility player who may never catch for 1000 yards or score more than 7 TDs in a season.

Before I get too off topic on this, I think that Patterson and his height along with his speed will help him surpass Harvin's productivity. It just sounds eerily similar is all. I think once Patterson gets on the same page with a QB he will stand out in MIN as the go to guy. He has the potential to be everything Harvin was supposed to be.

It is similar, in many ways. And, realistically, we could have to wait another couple of years, before Patterson reaches his full potential. I'm assuming that most of the people who are talking about dropping Patterson own him in redraft leagues. In a dynasty format, though, you won't find too many people trying to get rid of the guy. If you can, let me know where they are, because I'll buy low all day long.

From Roto:

Cordarrelle Patterson said the hip injury that forced him to leave Thursday night's loss early is "fine," and that he wants to be "more involved" on offense. "I don't know what's going on," Patterson continued. "We have a plan. I'm sticking to the plan. I trust coach (Norv) Turner and the whole staff with what they're doing. Hopefully I get more touches." Since totaling 128 yards and a touchdown in the opener, Patterson is averaging 3 catches for 40.75 yards per game with no scores and just one total rushing attempt over the past four games.

Edited by ts

I own him in two leagues. :bag::bag:

Dude can't get open, and the Vikings aren't even trying to get him the ball.

Also, last night was yet another pathetic Thursday night game....therefore easy pickings for my Big $$$ survivor pool. I'm set for the week, now I can be a hater all day Sunday!

Cordarelle joins Fitz on the next to be cut list. Neither are worth a spot in the leagues where I own them at this point. Sad when you'd rather hold a kicker for a week over one of those two guys.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

I own him in two leagues. :bag: :bag:

Dude can't get open, and the Vikings aren't even trying to get him the ball.

Also, last night was yet another pathetic Thursday night game....therefore easy pickings for my Big $$$ survivor pool. I'm set for the week, now I can be a hater all day Sunday!

Cordarelle joins Fitz on the next to be cut list. Neither are worth a spot in the leagues where I own them at this point. Sad when you'd rather hold a kicker for a week over one of those two guys.

Didn't see the game last night, but noticed his route running is not very good the previous weeks.

Edited by Def.

I drank the Kool-aid during preseason and draft, and have faithfully started him as WR3 every week this season...nevermore...I finally cut bait on him today, and picked-up Justin Hunter in his stead (I actually drafted Hunter too, but gave-up on him earlier this season - however, apparantly no one else in my league wanted that dead weight on their roster, either, so he was still available for me to take another shot)...now I have two receiving position players (Walker and Hunter) on one of the most prolific passing offenses in the NFL, but hey, they do have a date with the Jags this weekend! LMAO My starting WRs are Nelson (top tier stud), Hilton (does "ok" for me in PPR, but wouldn't want him in non-PPR as he just can't seem to find the end zone), and Hunter/Beckham (ughhh - will be a weekly coin flip unless/until one of them truly emerges)...WR is clearly the weakest position on my team, but ironically I am still somehow in 1st at 4-1 with the most points, to-date, including Mr. Patterson's whopping 26 fantasy points, or 5.2 per (although 14 of which were achieved Week 1)!

Anyway, sorry to have gotten off-topic here, back to our originally scheduled programming...

R.I.P. Cordarrelle!

Edited by the outlaw

Bridgewater might eventually find out who his best WRs are; but last week he liked Wright a bunch. Now it's back to typical Minnesota QB. Patterson will make his case as a talent someday. But, his over-optimistic ADP was one of the biggest head scratchers in 2014 FF drafts.

Last week Ponder started but did target Wright a lot. In Bridgewaters only start Wright was the guy. But I agree I'd wait until Teddy gets a few more starts and see how Patterson does

Edited by Finn5033