[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Megatron Hesitancy

ECK

These reports are scaring me again this week. Last week I said I was starting him as long as he is active, and he was used as a decoy the whole game. Sitting at 1-3, I cannot afford to have another performance like he had last week. I know the Start Your Studs theory, and I know he is Megatron....but my gut is making me feel like I am going to need to bench him this week. I don't have terrific options behind him (Welker, Wayne, Royal) but I feel like I'd rather take my chance on a healthy player than a guy who is going to be out there as a decoy again.

This is not a Who Do I Start topic, I am just wondering if anyone else is considering benching him this week? If so, I am curious as to the type of guys who you'd be benching him for.....I can't be the only one thinking this way, can I?

In the same situation. I have Alshon, Ty Hilton, Michael floyd and Eric Decker behind him. None of them have the best match ups in the league but any would be better than Johnson from last week. I just can't get my self to make the move unless he is listed as doubtful or out. I read an article earlier this year that showed that a high majority of the time when a WR1 is listed as doubtful but plays they are in fact used as a decoy. I forget the percentage of time that is the case but it was surprisingly high.

Listening to Sirius Radio there is a lot of though from multiple people that he could be a decoy again. And that he is better this week than last. Which makes it all about as clear as it was. If I had some sort of decent option I'd possible bench him. In this case I really don't so unless he's out, I'm rolling with him

My bench makes it easy for me. If I don't start him, I have Talifierro or Andrew Hawkins. I think Hawkins is going to have a good week, but I don't think I can start him ahead of Johnson if he is active. May regret it, but I just have to hope that against the Bills even as a decoy he'll get something and maybe poach a TD.

Edited by regguy

Big receivers don't have as long of a career as medium sized receivers. I remember when Carl Pickens and Herman Moore were 2 of the 3 best receivers in the NFL (along with Jerry Rice). They looked unstoppable. Neither made it to the age of 30.

Andre Johnson put up a 109 catch 1400+ yard season last year at 32.

Terrell Owens was still a playmaker at the age of 36.

• Like 1

I'l probably roll with him, not going to be able to wait for news Sunday morning. I'm 3-1 though. I might roll with Eddie Royal, need to look at more data tomorrow.

Not liking what I'm hearing, cannot deal with GTD BS, so Eddie Royal grab a helmet.

Edited by stevegrab

Big receivers don't have as long of a career as medium sized receivers. I remember when Carl Pickens and Herman Moore were 2 of the 3 best receivers in the NFL (along with Jerry Rice). They looked unstoppable. Neither made it to the age of 30.

http://http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PickCa00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorHe00.htm

Actually to nit-pick they both played till at least 30 or later but I will say they may not have been effective or as dominant.

So you gave 2 that stopped at 30 and we saw 2 that went beyond. I'm not sure it's a rule since we can probably go back and forth with our exceptions

Here is Harold Carmichael. One of his best years at age 32

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarmHa00.htm

What exactly is the line for tall vs short WRs anyway? 6'1", 6'3"? I don't think you have any data to back up this comment

I'm not saying all tall receivers have the life expectancy of a running back, but their careers don't tend to be as lengthy as shorter receivers.

Regardless it remains to be seen if CJ is fading or not but he has issues with the knee and it won't get better. As far as this week, I'm out of options so unless he's "Out" he's in for me

• Like 1

Got burned by him again....so annoyed with myself because I said to myself in the beginning of the week that if he doesn't practice again all week I wouldn't play him. Oh well better luck next week

• Like 1

Got burned by him again....so annoyed with myself because I said to myself in the beginning of the week that if he doesn't practice again all week I wouldn't play him. Oh well better luck next week

I did the same thing. :bash:

I don't think you have any data to back up this comment

I was also wondering how Pickens and Moore became the rule relative to the exception. I'd also think a lot of tall athletic WRs have relatively short careers because GMs and coaches become infatuated with their athleticism and they never develop into NFL worthy WRs.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Well I guess I made the right move, kind of glad I had to pull the trigger Saturday night. Had I been home watching and heard he was active I probably would have played him. Calvin, 7 yards = 0 points. Royal had 4 while my other 3 bench WR all scored (Stills-1, Matthews-3, Austin-5).

Really starting to worry about Megatron. Didn't see any of the game or much highlights as I wasn't home until 6PM and then watched my Browns pull out a win. I see now that he left the game with an ankle injury.

So, gonna miss him for another 2 games. Sucks - can certainly use his production, but I'd be happy with this really - especially since (me personally) I replaced him with M Sanu and AJ Green is probably gonna miss another game.

I'm all for sitting him, let him heal up and be the monster he can be come time for a late season push and fantasy playoff's..

• Like 1