[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Extreme Concern for Demaryius Thomas' Value

Landry

As a DT owner, I've been trying to stay strong about him and his value, while doing a little testing in the trade waters.

Most experts and my league-mates seems to believe that he will come out of his lull following his bye-week, but I am so afraid that if he doesn't do well this week, there will be a steep downfall in his perceived value, ruining any chance I have of trading him.

This is the first year I've owned him, and the other receivers in Denver, coupled with DT's struggles have been scaring me. I know the targets have been there, but I feel like Sunday is such a huge game.

Should I go crazy trying to trade him today? How do other DT owners feel?

Thanks!

I took DT as the 11th pick in a 12-team standard league and I'm definitely pretty frustrated with him right now. I was thinking he was a lock for a top 5 WR. There's not much that can be done right now other than stay put for me. As for trading him, it of course depends on what you can get back, what kind of offers are you getting? His value I think is still pretty high right now as the Broncos had some tough matchups the first 3 weeks. I think he'll come around, but if he lays another stinker this week his value will plummet pretty sharply. It seems like Julius Thomas gets all the TD's and E. Sanders is getting all the yards. Now Welker's back too.

Thanks for your thoughts, LookingForALeague -

I agree with the Julius Thomas getting all the TDs and Sanders getting all the yards so far. I do hope he can turn it around, but I would love to not have the headache. Speaking of headaches...

One of the offers that's been thrown out is Lesean McCoy and Randall Cobb for my Demaryius and Arian Foster.

I've had some other offers, but I don't want to screw myself out of value. I've been thinking about pairing him with one of my RBs (L. Bell, Foster, Bradshaw) and seeing what the best RB/WR combo I can get back is.

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts! Thanks again

Guys it's only week 4. Games are starting to get bigger and bigger as the season winds up. Big games call for big time play makers and when the games get into the second half of the season you will see DT come alive. Each year I have to remind myself that there are two seasons in the NFL. The first half of the season where teams are looking to find their identity and the second half where teams begin to hit their stride or fall off the cliff. Denver is going to begin to rise to the top as the weeks go by. You can't win the league in the first half of the season and I understand that could very well lose it though with an o for record but hang in there. The season is still early and when the games start really heating up so will DT as JT will begin to receive more attention and Ball gets going a bit more which will force teams to come up and stop the run. Moreno was a more to this offense than they thought. Since Ball isn't scaring anyone teams are able to play more coverage. I suspect that will change. Hines Ward was a perfect example. Would be ok early and then when the game got hugh, came up big time with hugh games.

• Like 1

I'd take that

Agreed. McCoy should improve once his lineman start coming back from injury / suspension. He should have a better match-up this week against STL considering their defensive injuries.

Cobb has been heavily involved with GB so far. Even if DT picks it up - with all of Denver's receiving weapons, I don't think he's going to have a season that greatly outperforms cobb's.

with Foster's lingering hamstring issues - I'd be happy to move him.

All trades have risk, of course, but that seems to be one of the best you can expect. If you're still hesitating, you should probably just hold.

I do think DT will come around -- but I like swapping Foster for McCoy -- I'm probably overly conservative when it comes to lingering hamstring injuries in older RBs.

Is this the point where I post that I traded Donald Brown for him last weekend? :headbang:

Please tell me that that was not a straight up deal. Who would make that deal as the original Thomas owner?!?

Please tell me that that was not a straight up deal. Who would make that deal as the original Thomas owner?!?

Sorry. My sarcasm got out of hand(again). I was beating all of the expected "Then I guess it's good I just got him for [fill in the blank scrub player] worship my leet trading skillz for him" posts.

I got this same deal two weeks ago too. When Thomas was under performing (and on a bye) and Donald was 'primed' to carry the load (i.e. before his 2 stinkers) after Mathews went down. Funny thing is I lost to that owner this past week, even with the 50 Thomas got me and the 4 he got from Brown. My own damned fault though, left Calvin in instead of Cooks, played Bennett instead of Gronk, and Bungles instead of the Chargers. Any one of those swap outs would have netted me the win. Gotta love FF.