[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "top 10 RBs" *

Papa Deuce

I know it has been a strange year for everybody with RBs, but I wanted to show how crazy it actually is in our league,, with our scoring system. *

1. Murray 76 points - and better than I had hoped, and I had high hopes.

2. Antone Smith 51 points - #2 in the league with so few carries!

3. Justin Forsett 50 points - He's happy about the whole Ray Rice thing. ( I kid )

4. Forte - 50 points - this is pretty normal

5. Arian Foster 49 points - not bad for a guy who contemplated retirement with a bad back

6. M. Lynch 46 points - close to "normal" I would say

7. Pierre Thomas 46 points - really? Top 10? So say the stat gods.

8. Ahmad Bradshaw 45 points - makes top 10 even with a RBBC

9. LaVeon Bell 43 Points

10. Matt Asiatta - 39 points - from a guy that many of us might not know if Peterson was playing.

Crazy..... just crazy.

I'd like to see the "other side" of this list. I'm thinking of looking at rb's in draft order in my league and doing a "where are they now?" Because the first 8 or so backs drafted have an alarming number of busts and under-acheivers. Cool list!

• Like 1

I wasn't thrilled with the 11th pick in my draft, but Murray fell to me and I couldn't be happier about it now. Crazy how RB's can just fall off a cliff or shoot up in value for any reason and that list is a great example

• Like 1

I would re-post AFTER the game tonight so Lynch and Morris have an equivalent number of games to the others posted. Otherwise the data presented is skewed.

Maybe, but the point is still valid, even if slightly skewed. The point was that there are so many RB's in the top 10 that you would never expect to be there.

I wasn't thrilled with the 11th pick in my draft, but Murray fell to me and I couldn't be happier about it now. Crazy how RB's can just fall off a cliff or shoot up in value for any reason and that list is a great example

Murray had 30 carries. ..36 touches in total. It made me feel good about scooping up Randle yesterday morning. ...

What's the real pisser is that at least three of those guys are waiver pickups, which means the schmuck who doesn't know squat about fantasy football had first dibs at a top ten back. Or worse yet, those who already had a decent team, but started off slow are now rolling.

I really hate this game sometimes. :glare:

What's the real pisser is that at least three of those guys are waiver pickups, which means the schmuck who doesn't know squat about fantasy football had first dibs at a top ten back. Or worse yet, those who already had a decent team, but started off slow are now rolling.

+1,000. I think there has to be a point at which you know enough - and knowing more than that doesn't help much.

This is why blind bidding is the only way to go

This list makes more sense than the OP's list.

It isn't a matter of "sense"; it is a statement of fact - In my league, with the scoring we use. We don't use standard scoring. We are very much a TD based league.

Edited by Papa Deuce

I don't know how blind bidding works

For redraft leagues, at the beginning of the season, each team is given a budget of blind-bidding dollars (say 1000). Then for each waiver period, blind bids are made for players and the high bid wins that player and has the bid amount deducted from your balance, but be careful on how much you bid to ensure you have enough bidding dollars to last throughout the season.

For redraft leagues, at the beginning of the season, each team is given a budget of blind-bidding dollars (say 1000). Then for each waiver period, blind bids are made for players and the high bid wins that player and has the bid amount deducted from your balance, but be careful on how much you bid to ensure you have enough bidding dollars to last throughout the season.

that's not bad

• 2 weeks later...

This is why blind bidding is the only way to go

FOUR players in my queue this week & I got frigging squat because I'm one game better than the four other owners that bid on them in the standings. :bash:

Edited by rajncajn

FOUR players in my queue this week & I got frigging squat because I'm one game better than the four other owners that bid on them in the standings. :bash:

I finally dropped (3-3, 0-2 in division and low points) to top half (4 of 12) in waiver order this week and got my first choice, yeah Brandon Bolden come on down and join my team (yes my RB are really that bad).

I'd rather be 4-2 and not have him, but I understand your point (because I've been in the bottom 3-4 on waivers since week 1 and missed out on every RB with value).

Ya the wire was somewhat thin but more importantly, lots of desperate owners

with our scoring, it looks different

Murray

Forte

Le'Veon

Arian

Bradshaw

Forsett

Rashad

Giovani

Lynch

Asiata

Here is mine...pretty close to yours. The OP system is really crazy, I'd never want to play in that kind of system.

1-Murray

2-Forte

3-L.Bell

4-Foster

5-Bernard

6-Lynch

7-Forsett

8-Bradshaw

9-F.Jackson (wow, and I haven't started him once)

10-Miller

Edited by kwolf68