[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branden Oliver

Capt. Stanky

Right now Oliver has 11 pts (ppr) in an awful performance, which is pretty damn incredible actually! I wish Jonathan Stewart would have netted me 12 points when I had to start him earlier this season. I could have used 12 points from all of the following at some point this season:

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Ray Rice

Chris Johnson

Toby Gerhart

Andre Williams

Shane Vereen

Joique Bell

You get the point. If 11 points is his floor (actually 9.6 is so far this season), you can start him every week with confidence. All of the above have lower floors based on YTD stats. I'm sure there are more.

E2A: Oliver has 11 ppr points. I was counting targets (8) instead of receptions (7).

Edited by Brentastic

I think I may have pulled a positive from last night's game. ... even later on after he was dominated all game. . He still managed to break something decent and still had 7 catches...against most defenses that 7 catches would have been for at least 40 yards...

But for 1, Denver has a strong defense and 2, divisional game in Denver...I think next week will offer a strong performance

Edited by Avernus

I didn't get to watch the entire game last night, but he seemed to dance behind the line a lot. Maybe it was because Denver was getting into the backfield quickly, but it seems to me he needs to learn when he can bounce a play outside and when he needs to just put his head down and take what he can get.

Denver D was very good, quick to cover many short passes and runs. Very dominant and impressive. Add in the regular pressure on Rivers and the entire SD offense was out of synch much of the game.

That plus the SD play calling seemed pretty bad. I understand not wanting to abandon the run but several times after no gain or a lost on 1st down they tried some crappy run play or dump/screen pass to Oliver, usually with a DEN defender waiting to tackle him.

Ya even with the lack of yardage he still had a ton of touches. My only problem was I started him in my flex over Sanders last night. Had a tough decision to make and went with the guy I knew would get the touches. I couldn't bench Maclin or Dez for Sanders

I didn't get to watch the entire game last night, but he seemed to dance behind the line a lot. Maybe it was because Denver was getting into the backfield quickly, but it seems to me he needs to learn when he can bounce a play outside and when he needs to just put his head down and take what he can get.

This is it spot on. If given the proper opportunity, I think the kid has a solid future.

Yeah, I hear ya. I've won money for 12 straight seasons and I am having a forgettable season. I'm not out of it by any means....

Whoa! An Oliver sighting!!!

Looks like I am not the only one. ..this is my worst season since I started playing in 98....and yeah. .. not or of it. .. it is just me challenging this year and I don't seem to have any luck at all

I really like what I see from this guy. Other than his height and uniform number, he's not the second coming of Sproles. He's not as quick. But he's tougher to bring down than Sproles and much better after contact, while still showing nice burst if he gets in the open. I think he'll do well as the third down back and could even carry the ball more to spell Mathews once he comes back.

I really like what I see from this guy. Other than his height and uniform number, he's not the second coming of Sproles. He's not as quick. But he's tougher to bring down than Sproles and much better after contact, while still showing nice burst if he gets in the open. I think he'll do well as the third down back and could even carry the ball more to spell Mathews once he comes back.

nice avy

• 3 weeks later...

I am really wondering about him this week. He has a pretty good projection this week in the Game Projections. this week. 70-1, Wondering if Mathews will be eased in and not relly have a big impact this week or if the generous Raiders run D will allow enough for 2.

I am really wondering about him this week. He has a pretty good projection this week in the Game Projections. this week. 70-1, Wondering if Mathews will be eased in and not relly have a big impact this week or if the generous Raiders run D will allow enough for 2.

I am monitoring this as well. With Murray on bye this week I need to play two of these three. Gore, McKinnon, Mathews. Mathews against the raiders is a juicy matchup if he plays but I am sceptacle as well. I might roll with Gore and McKinnon this week and see how Mathews is used in his first week back

I think the Huddle Game Projections are being kind to Oliver this week. 70-1 implies he will remain as the lead back. Lower your expectations.

I think the Huddle Game Projections are being kind to Oliver this week. 70-1 implies he will remain as the lead back. Lower your expectations.

You need to look at the confidence factor, only 1 star. Also read the analsys in the Game Projections, pretty clearly states "Mathews will be the primary back again."

Maybe the numbers even get adjusted some, because they do appear to have Oliver as the far more productive one.

I believe Mathews will be the man. Oliver has been less than impressive and will be a CoP guy, while Mathews is the main man. Oliver has flex value at best.