[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oliver and Hillman

ShaDynasty

Both of these players had solid weeks this past week and both are widely available in many leagues at this moment. Both are expected to see a jump in their on the field playing time as well. My question is who do you think has the most promise the rest of the season ? I like Oliver (big play day has me influenced) but I can't help but think Hillman will be a top 15 rb the rest of the way. What's your take huddlers?

I'm considering using my near top waiver wire position on oliver, andre williams, or hillman (or some other denver D) ... what's the consensus? I've seen some poo-pooing on Oliver based on the jets being tired, one long run, etc ... but playing for that Chargers Offense and D's respecting the pass with Rivers being lights out makes me lean towards Oliver. Of course they're also now down to the 3rd string C and just lost Fluker.

Ahhhhh....I love fantasy football speculative grabs 99% of players don't give near as much thought about. Yet still beat me week after week.

I think Oliver will remain getting carries the rest of the way. D brown is a slug and they need someone to reace Woodhead anyway. Plus Matthews is made of glass so I think there's entry of opportunity. Hillman looked good but could end up in a RBBC. Everything I read says he's not made to be a feature back. Personally, I hope that Ball gets his job back (have him in two leagues) and I still think that's pretty realistic if one of the Denver backs doesn't completely dominate. I have the number 1 waiver in a league where I don't own ball and I'm torn on if I should waste it on one of these guys.

I'd take Oliver over Hillman. Hillman has had chances in the past and always seems to lose his place to somebody unexpected because of various issues (size, fumbles, etc.). Oliver looks good and should retain quite a bit of value even when Mathews comes back, as SD has always used the pass catching backs a lot

• Like 4

Just picked up Oliver over Hillman (had a choice of either) off the WW. While I like Hillman, there are too many unknowns right know about how the Denver RB's will be used. As stated earlier, Hillman has had his chances as an RB1, but he really doesn't fit that role.

IMO, look for CJ or Juwan to carry the heavy-lifting and Hillman to be COP.....until Ball comes back. The Broncos aren't going to give up on Ball, so you might see a 3 or 4 RBBC.

Oliver is "the guy" for now, and when Matthews comes back, Oliver will slide into Woodhead's spot (good for PPR), and if Ryan "Glass" Matthews gets hurt again, then we're right back to where it's at now.

I always opt for the new toy over the one I've played with before. My floor is littered with old toys from this year alone.

You weren't married to Lorena Bobbitt, hopefully...

Had first WW pick, and blew my wad on picking up Oliver (dropped Mark Ingram to do so). Brown - concussion and has/had shown signs of slowing down this year... Mathews can't stay healthy... add in the fact SD's offense has been playing pretty well this year, and I think Oliver is the clear choice here with most upside. Of course, reality is that any of the hot WW pickups this week could turn into the difference maker for you the rest of this year. I'm rolling the dice on Oliver over Hillman and Williams.

I had put in for

Williams, Oliver, Hillman

in that order to replace Montee

I ended up with Hillman

Oliver went first. I think that's the right order to rank them ROS

Oliver, Williams, Hillman

• Like 1

I personally like Oliver the best. As Rileyrott said...even when Matthews comes back Oliver is likely to have value in PPR leagues as the Woodhead type back. Brown has looked terrible this year so regardless of if he comes back I think Oliver has a good couple weeks as the top RB in SD.

I also like Williams a lot too, but I feel he will have less of a role when R. Jennings comes back. He will have a few good weeks though as the top RB for the NYG.

As for the Denver RBs...I am not sure what to think of them. Seems to be a bit of a cluster and there is likely going to be a lot of shared touches. I think Hillman has the potential to run with the lead role, but he has had previous opportunities and failed.

Maybe I missed something along the way. While I agree with most of you that Oliver is the best pick-up between the two, when did Hillman have his chance at being a #1RB in Denver? He had the most carries he's ever had in a game last week at 15 and it was also the most snaps he's had in a single game in his career and he didn't even start that game.

It was painful to watch Hillman play. You were always on the fence and just when you started to get some confidence.....he'd fumble, even when he was being given a chance and you'd think he would give it more effort. He's not reliable which is why he is where he is. I really wish they'd play M. Anderson more but he's definitely a committee runner and although the better half with Hillman, he's probably not great for a lot of carries. I'd take Oliver based solely on knowing Hillman too well.