[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep me Honest...

giantsfan

Am I missing something on this one. I just traded for McCoy, Vern Davis, and Marshall and gave up Lacy, Gates, and K. Wright.

12 team 1 PPR league. I have Gronk already at TE.

I know McCoy hasn't been great, but Lacy wasn't either until last game. And even with that monster game Lacy has 12 more points than McCoy overall. I know Vern has had injury issues, but I have Gronk at TE so don't need Vern at the moment. And while Marshall has struggled he still has 1 more point than Wright does overall.

Not a do I make this trade, because it is done. More of a did I miss something here question. To me I love this deal and see me getting McCoy and Marshall at the perfect time. But maybe I am missing something.

So are people really that down on McCoy and Marshall and don't see them rebounding to at least somewhat normal production level for them? That is the real question. McCoy and Marshall???

I think that is fair Finn. I just looked at the point totals through 5 weeks and the guys I gave have 58.40 more points thus far than the guys I got. So yeah only time will tell.

My own opinion is Marshall and McCoy will be at least somewhat at their norms at some point this season, and that is what I am curious about...do people agree or think those two guys are going to have flat out bad years.

Interesting discussion....

I think that is fair Finn. I just looked at the point totals through 5 weeks and the guys I gave have 58.40 more points thus far than the guys I got. So yeah only time will tell.

My own opinion is Marshall and McCoy will be at least somewhat at their norms at some point this season, and that is what I am curious about...do people agree or think those two guys are going to have flat out bad years.

Interesting discussion....

I think Marshall will be fine as he gets healthy. I don't think McCoy is going to bounce back to the level he played at last year, just a gut feeling. It also seems that Sproles has cut into his workload more than some of us may have expected. Lacy hasn't done anything besides his big week last week so he is still a question mark too

I don't want you to rate it bro, I don't care about that. My question is more around the value of Marshall and McCoy going. Not rating a trade I already made. Why would I care about that...LOL.

But thank you for being true to yourself and your shtick...:).

lol ... call it what you want but you do indeed want us to reaffirm (rate) your trade ... you want a pat on the back. Either you have already made the trade (as you claim) and you have to live with it, so anything we say is not relevant ... or this is a trade you are considering making and you are trying to disguise it to get opinions on whether or not you should do it

You are a trip man. Please keep doing what you do, it is fun reading. The deal is done, I don't care about opinions on the trade. I don't have to come here to ask for opinions on a trade. I am simply curious about thoughts on McCoy and Marshall's values moving forward. The trade is 100% done, and even if it wasn't I wouldn't ask for opinions on whether or not it is a good trade for me.

You are one of those guys who is full of themselves and likes to feel important with your little comments. It is what you do man. It's all good though bro, like I said you be you. No issues.

You are a trip man. Please keep doing what you do, it is fun reading. The deal is done, I don't care about opinions on the trade. I don't have to come here to ask for opinions on a trade. I am simply curious about thoughts on McCoy and Marshall's values moving forward. The trade is 100% done, and even if it wasn't I wouldn't ask for opinions on whether or not it is a good trade for me.

You are one of those guys who is full of themselves and likes to feel important with your little comments. It is what you do man. It's all good though bro, like I said you be you. No issues.

He is right though. If you wanted our thoughts on McCoy and Marshall then just ask for them or read the threads already running on these guys. Throwing in a trade you did and then making comparisons between the performances of those players shows you did want us to comment on the value in the trade.

Show me the other threads and I would love to read the comments. Thank you for the help Dolphin...I appreciate it.

And I actually literally said in my original post:

So are people really that down on McCoy and Marshall and don't see them rebounding to at least somewhat normal production level for them? That is the real question. McCoy and Marshall???

Again, all good. This is why we all love to be here.

Edited by giantsfan

I was keeping you honest ... called you out on your rate my trade post. If you want to discuss the value McCoy and/or Marshall who you traded to get them is not relevant. The only reason you would mention the players involved in the trade is because you wanted the trade to be rated. This kind of post often happens when people try to disguise their "should I do this trade" posts.

I changed my mind - I rate your trade 988548997352.976556788

Edited by Grits and Shins

Wrong...I don't want you to rate my trade. Actually I prefer you didn't rate my trade because I don't care about your rating.

I would however LOVE for you to comment on Marshall and McCoy and their value going forward. That would make me happy. That's what I am looking for comments on, NOT rating my trade.

Thank you again for your comments. They are very much appreciated.

Who cares if he does want some feedback on the trade? Instead of wasting the time to rip on people, maybe just give them some feedback. I don't see why that is so hard

Because today it is him asking us to rate his trade. Tomorrow it is you. The day after that it is the whole world. Then comes the rate my whole team posts. And all discussions about football are gone because people are in here looking to have teams and trades that nobody else cares about rated.

There is a forum specifically for this kind of feedback ... called Fantasy Advice

• Like 1

I love Marshall. He's going to be a PPR monster going forward. McCoy should bounce back when they figure out the OL mess...and they will. K.Wright is going to be in a situation where he might not be the favorite target with the rook possibly getting the rock this week. Who know's. I'd rather have Marshall with EXTREME upside.

IMO McCoy and Marshall have more upside going forward than Lacy/Wright.

And grits you would be 100000000000% right if that was the point of this thread...WHICH IT IS NOT. Why the F would I ask you to rate a trade that is already done? What is the point of that? What is gained from that. If you can show a thread on here where I have EVER posted something like that I would say you got me....but I don't.

Just looking for some thoughts on McCoy and Marshall going forward. Would love to get your thoughts bro.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Wrong...I don't want you to rate my trade. Actually I prefer you didn't rate my trade because I don't care about your rating.

I would however LOVE for you to comment on Marshall and McCoy and their value going forward. That would make me happy. That's what I am looking for comments on, NOT rating my trade.

Thank you again for your comments. They are very much appreciated.

Please explain how the fact that you traded Lacy, Gates and Wright to get McCoy, Marshall and Davis has ANY relevance at all in a discussion of the future value of Marshall and McCoy? And if you can't explain how that information is relevant explain why you would include it in that discussion.

Am I missing something on this one. I just traded for McCoy, Vern Davis, and Marshall and gave up Lacy, Gates, and K. Wright.

I know McCoy hasn't been great, but Lacy wasn't either until last game. And even with that monster game Lacy has 12 more points than McCoy overall. I know Vern has had injury issues, but I have Gronk at TE so don't need Vern at the moment. And while Marshall has struggled he still has 1 more point than Wright does overall.

Not a do I make this trade, because it is done. More of a did I miss something here question. To me I love this deal and see me getting McCoy and Marshall at the perfect time. But maybe I am missing something.

And the very first line of your original post specifically asks if your trade is good.

And how does the fact that you have Gronk on your team have anything to do with the value of McCoy and Marshall? It is more information you included to help us rate your trade.

And how does the fact that you have Gronk on your team have anything to do with the value of McCoy and Marshall? It is more information you included to help us rate your trade.

The topic title also refers to the trade and him thinking he has won this deal rather than the value of McCoy and Marshall.

To be fair he's hardly the only one unable to find the advice section.

Because today it is him asking us to rate his trade. Tomorrow it is you. The day after that it is the whole world. Then comes the rate my whole team posts. And all discussions about football are gone because people are in here looking to have teams and trades that nobody else cares about rated.

There is a forum specifically for this kind of feedback ... called Fantasy Advice

It is a fantasy football discussion forum. I understand there is a seperate advice column but I still don't understand the volatility. Of course there is going to be a ton of rate my trade rate my team threads. I didn't see the OP's post as a rate my trade question at all. His last sentence clearly asks for opinions of McCoy and Marshall going forward.

Hmmm ... seems like that line is all about the trade too ... but this isn't a rate my trade post?