[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep me Honest...

giantsfan

It is a fantasy football discussion forum. I understand there is a seperate advice column but I still don't understand the volatility. Of course there is going to be a ton of rate my trade rate my team threads. I didn't see the OP's post as a rate my trade question at all. His last sentence clearly asks for opinions of McCoy and Marshall going forward.

How can you not see it as a rate my trade post? Here are quotes from his post:

-Am I missing something on this one. I just traded for McCoy, Vern Davis, and Marshall and gave up Lacy, Gates, and K. Wright.

-I have Gronk already at TE.

-I know Vern has had injury issues, but I have Gronk at TE so don't need Vern at the moment.

-To me I love this deal and see me getting McCoy and Marshall at the perfect time.

How are any of those comments relevant to a discussion of McCoy's value or Marshall's value. All of that information is intended to give us information to rate his trade. And there is more discussion in the original post about the trade then there is about McCoy and Marshall

So the topic title which says keep me honest says rate my trade...interesting.

And the comment in red actually proves my point 100% grits, so once again I thank you bro. If I said To me I love this deal and see me getting McCoy and Marshall at the perfect time. But maybe I am missing something.

That clearly means am I missing something...I like their value going forward...but maybe I am missing something. Which is why I said I think I am getting them at the perfect time...which is me implying I think going forward they will be better and get closer to their pre-draft value.

So thank you. Once again I appreciate your comments.

So the topic title which says keep me honest says rate my trade...interesting.

And the comment in red actually proves my point 100% grits, so once again I thank you bro. If I said To me I love this deal and see me getting McCoy and Marshall at the perfect time. But maybe I am missing something.

That clearly means am I missing something...I like their value going forward...but maybe I am missing something. Which is why I said I think I am getting them at the perfect time...which is me implying I think going forward they will be better and get closer to their pre-draft value.

So thank you. Once again I appreciate your comments.

Hey dude I think you made the best trade of all time and your team is the bomb!

Do you feel better now ... I ranked your trade and gave you the accolades you wanted.

But, and here is the best part, even if there was 1 drop of confusion I CLEARLY said do NOT rate my trade. I don't care about that. Please let's talk about their value moving forward. That is ALL I care about. Rating a completed trade does nothing for me or anyone unless I can go back in time and undo the deal...I DON'T CARE about you rating my trade.

Let's talk about McCoy and Marshall's value moving forward. That is the topic.

How can you not see it as a rate my trade post? Here are quotes from his post:

-Am I missing something on this one. I just traded for McCoy, Vern Davis, and Marshall and gave up Lacy, Gates, and K. Wright.

-I have Gronk already at TE.

-I know Vern has had injury issues, but I have Gronk at TE so don't need Vern at the moment.

-To me I love this deal and see me getting McCoy and Marshall at the perfect time.

How are any of those comments relevant to a discussion of McCoy's value or Marshall's value. All of that information is intended to give us information to rate his trade. And there is more discussion in the original post about the trade then there is about McCoy and Marshall

Ok so maybe I see your point, but seriously who cares? You are making a huge stink out of nothing. The last sentence says his main question is how do we feel about McCoy and Marshall.

But, and here is the best part, even if there was 1 drop of confusion I CLEARLY said do NOT rate my trade. I don't care about that. Please let's talk about their value moving forward. That is ALL I care about. Rating a completed trade does nothing for me or anyone unless I can go back in time and undo the deal...I DON'T CARE about you rating my trade.

Let's talk about McCoy and Marshall's value moving forward. That is the topic.

LOL ... you inserted that "confusion" to disguise your rate my trade post. You have yet to explain how you thought any of that trade discussion was relevant to a discussion of the value of McCoy and Marshall. And if it wasn't relevant to the discussion why you included it in the post if it wasn't a disguised rate my trade post.

You are awesome grits...I actually love people like you...so once again I thank you.

You must be the saddest person alive if you think people would post on here and disguise things so they can get trades rated. That is ridiculous bro? I mean come on man. It is sad stuff really.

NO ONE cares about my trade, and I wouldn't expect them to. As Finn said the topic at hand is McCoy and Marshall moving forward. That is what I would LOVE to discuss and get comments on. I would LOVE to get your thoughts on that. I don't care AT ALL about your thoughts on my trade.

Edited by giantsfan

You are awesome grits...I actually love people like you...so once again I thank you.

You must be the saddest person alive if you think people would post on here and disguise things so they can get trades rated. That is ridiculous bro? I mean come on man. It is sad stuff really.

NO ONE cares about my trade, and I wouldn't expect them to. As Finn said the topic at hand is McCoy and Marshall moving forward. That is what I would LOVE to discuss and get comments on. I would LOVE to get your thoughts on that. I don't care AT ALL about your thoughts on my trade.

If you wanted to discuss McCoy and Marshall I welcome your explanation on why information on the trade and all those other players was included? How was any of that relevant?

What does it matter if I say hey I just dealt for these guys, I like their value moving forward, other thoughts??? That's it...again you are looking for people to disguise things and try and sneak stuff through, and that is pathetic...why would people do that.

I would love to get your thoughts on McCoy and Marshall going forward grits. That would be awesome.

What does it matter if I say hey I just dealt for these guys, I like their value moving forward, other thoughts??? That's it...again you are looking for people to disguise things and try and sneak stuff through, and that is pathetic...why would people do that.

I would love to get your thoughts on McCoy and Marshall going forward grits. That would be awesome.

How was any of that information relevant?

I think you should get all the owners in the league to veto the trade until you can get the Huddle to properly evaluate how you did ... or if the trade hasn't really happened yet wait until you see how they do this week and make the trade retroactive if they do well.

The topic title also refers to the trade and him thinking he has won this deal rather than the value of McCoy and Marshall.

To be fair he's hardly the only one unable to find the advice section.

True, and one of my pet peeves here is the naming of this forum. There are supposed to be two clearly differentiated forums.

One for discussing the NFL and fantasy football in general... topics like scoring systems, league setups, etc. as well as discussions about NFL teams, their players etc.

And a separate advice forum for things relating to one's fantasy teams... such as waiver moves to make, trade evaluations (preferably before the trade is made), who to keep, etc.

This post hits a grey area - if it was simply a discussion on Marshall and McCoy going forward, with no mention of I traded these guys for those guys and I think I came ahead, what are your thoughts, no problem.. clearly fits in with this forums purpose.

Once all the stuff about the trade, etc. was added in, it became about this particular fantasy team, and likely should have been put in the fantasy advice forum, as it sure smells a lot like a rate my trade post rather than a discussion on a couple players going forward.

Of course, there's not enough activity on the boards anymore for me to get worked up over it. A few years ago, sure, now.. not so much, plus I prefer to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he was really interested in a discussion on the prospects of McCoy and Marshall going forward and not interested in knowing if he came out ahead in the trade.

Can we all just agree the trade was obvious collusion and move on? Should have been vetoed. Honestly

Edited by sksmith

True, and one of my pet peeves here is the naming of this forum. There are supposed to be two clearly differentiated forums.

One for discussing the NFL and fantasy football in general... topics like scoring systems, league setups, etc. as well as discussions about NFL teams, their players etc.

And a separate advice forum for things relating to one's fantasy teams... such as waiver moves to make, trade evaluations (preferably before the trade is made), who to keep, etc.

This post hits a grey area - if it was simply a discussion on Marshall and McCoy going forward, with no mention of I traded these guys for those guys and I think I came ahead, what are your thoughts, no problem.. clearly fits in with this forums purpose.

Once all the stuff about the trade, etc. was added in, it became about this particular fantasy team, and likely should have been put in the fantasy advice forum, as it sure smells a lot like a rate my trade post rather than a discussion on a couple players going forward.

Of course, there's not enough activity on the boards anymore for me to get worked up over it. A few years ago, sure, now.. not so much, plus I prefer to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he was really interested in a discussion on the prospects of McCoy and Marshall going forward and not interested in knowing if he came out ahead in the trade.

Your last comment is SO money Country. Let's examine why activity has dropped on these boards...I wonder why...maybe because people like grits do what they do and people just don't want to deal with it. Maybe because a thread that I said TIME AFTER TIME was about the value of Marshall and McCoy going forward gets moved to the advice board after whining and crying from people like grits.

If this is what the huddle wants awesome...and people leave and the activity drops like it has. So be it.

To me I would call out people like grits for what they do and how childish they are. But the huddle goes in another direction. All good. Their call of course. Just comical what this thread became and then it was moved. Comical and sad really.