[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok Cowboys homers, how about a side bet?

Tripleshot

You know what, I'll take you on Tripleshot. If we ever had a chance to pull it off it would be right now

To be honest, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not convinced the Cowboys can run against the Seahawks, and it may be a mistake to try. Murray's put the ball on the ground a lot already this year. But I do think they can pass on the Seahawks, perhaps not deep much, but like how the Chargers did. Check it down if nothing deeper is open, which should work with Murray and Witten(especially if Chancellor's ankle is bothering him). Take the deep shot if it's there, as Bryant pretty much grabs any jump ball he wants, but don't try to do too much. Sprinkle in some draws and play action with Murray. They have the offense to score against the Seahawks, but they have to control the clock.

On defense, I don't think the Cowboys can consistently stop the Seahawks. However, The Seahawks are starting a third stringer at center who has never played the position before. I can see some snap issues leading to a turnover or two, and in a tight game, that may be all it takes. That said, maybe the home field advantage kicks in again and with that extra split second getting off on the snap, the Seahawks defensive linemen pressure Romo into a Bad Tony Romo type game. But I can see all the pieces in place for a road win just as easily.

Edited by Tripleshot

Here's my take on the game.

Any other year but this one, we go into Seattle and get our jocks handed to us. However, the fact that this newly build, 1st round pick laden line has some nasty to it. In years past really good pressure defenses like the Seahawks have with a solid front and perhaps the best back end in football, forces Slip to slide around and make throws under pressure without seeing everything down field. This year this line is giving him that extra second to see down field. They are also putting a hat on a hat in the run game and allowing Murray to run through to the second level on most running plays. If there was a match for the Seattle front it's this years Cowboys O line. Therefore, we have a shot to run the ball and allow Slip time to get down field with accuracy. So I believe the Cowboys can score points on the Seahawks and posses the ball enough to keep the game close. The disadvantage for the Cowboys offense is the crowd noise.

The Cowboys are going to have to use a silent count which is a huge advantage for the defense allowing them to get off that extra tick sooner, putting the Cowboys O line under pressure early in the down. Romo likes to change the protections and the play at the line and already uses up the play clock doing so even when he can hear. I suspect we get behind the down and distance by delay penalties in this one, which you can't do against this team. That worries me.

Where I am most concerned is how our defense is going to stop Russell and that offense. Rolando McClain in the middle at Mike, makes all the difference in how this defense plays and he's fighting through a groin injury. If he doesn't stay on the field we lose the bite it will take to control Lynch. Durant and Hitchens just don't have the bricks in their pocket the need to hold up. Marinelli has done a masterful job at getting this defense to bend and not break but not sure they can hold up for 60 minutes and make key stops against an offense that can hurt you in so many ways. I am encouraged though by our secondary now that Moore is in for Mo. Coverage is tighter all over the field and teams just can't pick on Mo for a big play.

Bottom line. If this O line of ours is the real deal like I think they are, this game is going to be a good one. I give the edge to Seattle being at home and the champs but this years Cowboys team is playing football and if I know anything, I know this. On any given Sunday in the NFL, anything can happen. I will be pulling for my Cowboys to make this Sunday our day to shine.

Cowboys 24 Seahawks 23

Edited by Cowboyz1

Great call TonyBromo, and an even better game. Lost in the props the Cowboy o-line and offense is getting is how good that defense is playing. It won't be much longer before they start getting the recognition hey deserve. Pick my poison, avatar or sig line.

Even I find it fascinating how one of the worst defenses in NFL history last year could lose their better players and yet be so much better this year.

Took their lumps last year but learned fast? Melton was a nice signing and McClain a good pickup, but that's about the biggest names on that defense right now besides maybe Spencer. They won't be unknown for long.

Even I find it fascinating how one of the worst defenses in NFL history last year could lose their better players and yet be so much better this year.

It all starts with pounding the ball and taking the pressure off of Romo. The offense operates better, scores more points, turns the ball over less and makes opponents play defense longer while resting their own defense.

• Like 3

They were going to be better just because they were healthy. People forget they were playing with scrubs all year as their starters were going down one after the other. But Marinelli has this defense dialed in. I hate to say it but MO going down was perhaps the best thing to happen to this defense. No PI calls and there were no big plays down the field. Russell had time but no one to throw the ball too.

GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!! :tup::clap::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Seattle was Dominated in the trenches like I haven't seen in some time.

Here's my take on the game.

Any other year but this one, we go into Seattle and get our jocks handed to us. However, the fact that this newly build, 1st round pick laden line has some nasty to it. In years past really good pressure defenses like the Seahawks have with a solid front and perhaps the best back end in football, forces Slip to slide around and make throws under pressure without seeing everything down field. This year this line is giving him that extra second to see down field. They are also putting a hat on a hat in the run game and allowing Murray to run through to the second level on most running plays. If there was a match for the Seattle front it's this years Cowboys O line. Therefore, we have a shot to run the ball and allow Slip time to get down field with accuracy. So I believe the Cowboys can score points on the Seahawks and posses the ball enough to keep the game close. The disadvantage for the Cowboys offense is the crowd noise.

The Cowboys are going to have to use a silent count which is a huge advantage for the defense allowing them to get off that extra tick sooner, putting the Cowboys O line under pressure early in the down. Romo likes to change the protections and the play at the line and already uses up the play clock doing so even when he can hear. I suspect we get behind the down and distance by delay penalties in this one, which you can't do against this team. That worries me.

Where I am most concerned is how our defense is going to stop Russell and that offense. Rolando McClain in the middle at Mike, makes all the difference in how this defense plays and he's fighting through a groin injury. If he doesn't stay on the field we lose the bite it will take to control Lynch. Durant and Hitchens just don't have the bricks in their pocket the need to hold up. Marinelli has done a masterful job at getting this defense to bend and not break but not sure they can hold up for 60 minutes and make key stops against an offense that can hurt you in so many ways. I am encouraged though by our secondary now that Moore is in for Mo. Coverage is tighter all over the field and teams just can't pick on Mo for a big play.

Bottom line. If this O line of ours is the real deal like I think they are, this game is going to be a good one. I give the edge to Seattle being at home and the champs but this years Cowboys team is playing football and if I know anything, I know this. On any given Sunday in the NFL, anything can happen. I will be pulling for my Cowboys to make this Sunday our day to shine.

Cowboys 24 Seahawks 23

For you Seahawks21...................... :nono: