[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks DST?

GoldenEagle81

I know they haven't been a very good fantasy DST so far, but a guy just dropped them in my league (to pick up philly lol).

Huddle rankings still have them at #2 ROS. Is that because of SOS or what? I have the #1 waiver and have been streaming DSTs every week. I'd hate to burn that waiver on a DST...but what's with the #2 ranking?

Pick them up.

Three of their opponents were the Packers, Chargers and Broncos...3 of the elite QBs in the game.

Teams are rushing for a 60 yard game clip against them, meaning teams will become one-dimensional against this defense. Someone like Peyton Manning can handle it...but Austin Davis? Alex Smith? Raiders QB? Cardinals QB? Heck even Eli, Romo and Newtown are very ordinary QBs when they have no running game.

Seattle is the perfect buy low defense at this time.

Pick them up.

Three of their opponents were the Packers, Chargers and Broncos...3 of the elite QBs in the game.

Teams are rushing for a 60 yard game clip against them, meaning teams will become one-dimensional against this defense. Someone like Peyton Manning can handle it...but Austin Davis? Alex Smith? Raiders QB? Cardinals QB? Heck even Eli, Romo and Newtown are very ordinary QBs when they have no running game.

Seattle is the perfect buy low defense at this time.

I agree and would 100% love to have them. I guess I have a couple days to decide if they are worth burning my #1 waiver I've been sitting on for a couple weeks.

GoldenEagle. Yea, I should have been a bit more cautious. Given your waiver situation you need to be more reserved in making moves. IN my league it's a complete free-for-all...and we have HUGE rosters, in an effort to try to eliminate cherry picking free agents, etc...for your situation maybe more complicated. Also, scoring for defenses is huge...

In my league you can't WIN just because you have a good defense, but a crummy one can sure help you lose.

Fantasy defense points are all turnovers and sacks, with the occasional return TD be it on a kickoff, point, fumble recovery or interception. So far, the Seahawks haven't gotten many turnovers, unlike last year. Without turnovers, they can't return one to the house. Opposing teams are not only not kicking to Harvin on kickoffs, they are punting out of bounds. The point kwolf made about who they've played so far is valid, but they didn't get any turnovers from the Redskins last week either. Here's what I see. They currently don't get enough pressure on the QB for sacks and ints. They're not getting fumbles, or at least recovering them. Plus, turnovers seem like there is a bit of luck in the way the ball bounces. The Seahawks had that luck last year, just like the Saints did the year they won the Super Bowl. I don't see them as that "lucky" defense this year. They should definitely get more turnovers then they have had so far, but they aren't going to be the fantasy juggernaut they were last year, or even close.

Edited by Tripleshot

Some could say good teams make their own luck, forcing tornovers

I do. Things go in cycles...Seattle's D is slow right now because of their competition, and everyone gives the former champs their best shot. But Seattle's D is healthy, has had their bye week and has some solid matchups coming up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the huddle article with the rest of the season player rankings. Seahawks are ranked #1, the pick six on Sunday against the Raiders salvaged a good score but are they really the best defence to own down the stretch?

I'm currently platooning them with the Bills but thinking of dropping them outright.

I am probably one of the last true believers, but they are testing my patience.

I got given them thrown in a trade so kept them on the bench for a week so I could start them against the Raiders on Sunday. But now thats gone I'm not sure how confident I am with them, Giants at home sounds good on paper but not convinced this unit is legit in fantasy terms.

I got given them thrown in a trade so kept them on the bench for a week so I could start them against the Raiders on Sunday. But now thats gone I'm not sure how confident I am with them, Giants at home sounds good on paper but not convinced this unit is legit in fantasy terms.

Yep that was my thought, but I am rolling with the Ravens at home v. the Titans.

Seattle's numbers do not look good

-since week 1, all opponents except 2 scored 20 or more points

-in one of those two games (Reskins-17) Seattle generated 1 sack

-Best game of late was v dysfunctional Carolina

-Only home games remaining until week 17 are Giants, Cardinals, 49ers. Last year all three are no brainer starts. But not now.

Teams still can't beat Seattle over the top and the last 3 games Seattle has given up less than 300 yards of total offense, which is pretty good (albeit the games were versus the Rams, Panthers and Raiders...bottom feeder offenses).

I don't see much here right now, but given the relative talent on the Seattle defense there will be a couple games from here on out where I think they will put up big numbers. FINDING which game that may be is the key. So you either hope to stream it or just play them and hope you hit.

Given my team is in such good shape I have my eyes on Week 15 and 16, Baltimore (my other Defense) hosts Jacksonville which is a must start and then are at Houston (although I could play New England v. the Jets that week as I just added New England D to my team).

In short, unless I see something from Seattle pretty quick I may be forced to cut them as a couple of my injured players demand activation.

11 starters were out of the game against Oakland, including 6 defensive starters. One of the backup DBs dropped a 2nd pick six late in the game. They are forcing fumbles but not recovering many of them thus far. This is definitely team treading water on both sides of the ball, hoping to get guys healthy. I think the best defensive performances might start coming in a week or two.