[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Sunday Morning Pre-TV Watching Routine?

pezastic

I am confused. I am on 16 different leagues on nfl.com and espn.com. Each Sunday, as I sit down to watch football on TV, I want to have a list of my FFL team players in front of me. However, I don't know of any way to do that, except to spend a very time-consuming process of cutting and pasting to Word. Is there an app out there that could help me with this, either keeping the list(s) on my smart phone or printing them out?

What's your Sunday morning pre-TV watching routine?

Yeah, with 16 teams, you'd think I'd have a pony or two on both sides in every show, but I don't. Currently, I have a total of only 46 players, including DST and K positions. Because I like to do the weekly tweaking thing (that's tweaking, not twerking), I inevitably end up with several players who are on multiple teams.

With 16 teams to worry about, the only real advice I can offer is that you engage the services of a Swiss banker ... or you seek out the wisdom of our resident sage on multi-team management ... you must request an audience with the one known as 'the Muto'.

Unfortunately, I don't have DirecTV and it does matter to me. So, I'll just keep doing the clunky thing of copying and pasting, while continuing to wonder if this really is the 21st century. :thinking:

yeah, can't help you. Once I got to 10 leagues it really stopped mattering for me. MFL has software that lets you view all your games on a computer, not sure of an app. Pretty sure NFL.com and ESPN apps don't really do much unless you witch from league to league

My morning gets serious beginning around 9:30. Breakfast time. 4-6 eggs sunny side up with toast and nearly a lb of thick cut bacon. By the time I'm done with that, it's around 10:15 where I settle in and ready myself for the active/inactive releases. Depending on the outcome of that, I shuffle through about 20 leagues to update rosters as necessary. My family is required to leave the house around 10:30 and come home no sooner than noon. Once the games start, I'm calm and relaxed. I don't really stress about players performing... I just let the stats come to me :shades:

My morning gets serious beginning around 9:30. Breakfast time. 4-6 eggs sunny side up with toast and nearly a lb of thick cut bacon. By the time I'm done with that, it's around 10:15 where I settle in and ready myself for the active/inactive releases. Depending on the outcome of that, I shuffle through about 20 leagues to update rosters as necessary. My family is required to leave the house around 10:30 and come home no sooner than noon. Once the games start, I'm calm and relaxed. I don't really stress about players performing... I just let the stats come to me :shades:

+1 except for the obscene amount of eggs and bacon and kicking the family out of the house :unsure:

Edited by Zooty

I get up at 9am. I shower then check inactive/game time decisions players and adjust lineups as needed. Then I hop in the car and drive to my local coffee shop where I get a pregame triple shot latte(in case you were wondering where my forum name comes from). By the time I get back, it's usually within 5 minutes of kickoff for the early games. I also wash, dry and fold 2-3 loads of laundry in between early/late games and during halftime so I can prove to my wife I was not quite totally worthless for the entire day.

Edited by Tripleshot

Wake up. Put 3 year old on the potty. Get 1 year old up and change and dress him. Retrieve 3yo from potty and dress him. Go downstairs. Let dogs out, start coffee, start kids breakfast. Check Rotoworld news feed. Get dogs in. Feed boys and drink coffee. Clean up boys and release them from their chairs. Check Rotoworld news again. Feed self. Check message boards and lineups while taking honda. If good weather, take boys to park. If bad weather, go insane trapped in house. At about 11;30 start finalizing lineups and checking news and injuries on the reg. Get dirty looks from wife for dicking around on phone while boys wreck the house. Repeat last two steps until 1:00 kickoff. Feed boys lunch, put boys down for naps, enjoy uninterrupted football for 2 hours while not checking any fantasy related stuff until the injury reports for the late games come out.

I get up at 9am. I shower then check inactive/game time decisions players and adjust lineups as needed. Then I hop in the car and drive to my local coffee shop where I get a pregame triple shot latte(in case you were wondering where my forum name comes from). By the time I get back, it's usually within 5 minutes of kickoff for the early games. I also wash, dry and fold 2-3 loads of laundry in between early/late games and during halftime so I can prove to my wife I was not quite totally worthless for the entire day.

Never knew where your name came from.....just to make sure all know that I am not a drugie or a dealer.......just a stupid nick name I got 20 years ago in high school...lol...

:pc:When you're not hung over?

Typically, I'd be out the door early to crank out a 17-20 miler so I could make it back to review my line ups before kick off. Right now I'm enjoyng the F1 race from Sochi. Chillin'.

My 10/12/14 Sunday Routine -

Went to f'n work at 6:30am in NYC (tax deadline for those on extension is 10/15/14). Absolutely hate this! If I'm lucky, can peek at inactives around 11:30am and try to make changes. Will try to follow some gamecasts during the day - and MAYBE will be able to have TV tuned in to a game. Leaving work around 6pm and going to 2 clients on the way home to drop off tax returns / get signatures / get paid (hopefully).

I am not a happy camper today.

Praying I can watch the Jints beat the Iggles tonight.

:furious:

Now that we DirecTV at the house, I no longer do I have to go to friends' houses or bars...therefore, pants just aren't necessary anymore; my teams perform much better when I'm comfortable. After breakfast, the interwebs is scoured for information I probably won't heed, adjust lineups how I see fit, then 1pm hits and I immediately doubt all moves made.

I then like to have fun with guys I know are frustrated w/ their team and attempt to make in-game trade deals via text (so hoping the guy w/ Julio Jones craps the bed again and goes to 0-6, he's mine if that happens!)

Surprised nobody else has mentioned trekking to church as part of their morning routine. I'm only in three leagues, so I usually set my expected lineups Saturday night, then just check Rotoworld for inactives after church. I used to be in 7-8 leagues, but it just started feeling too much like a job and not like a fun hobby - especially waiver requests. Ugh! Down to three leagues now, and I'm probably whittling one of those away for next year.

During the early games, I stay busy with either yard work or house chores until around 4th quarter of games, then I'll catch the end if the early games. Once in a while the Broncos are on at 1:00 in which case I'll watch them on TV and be productive during the late games. I don't bother with Sunday Ticket anymore - don't have the time I used to have to just sit around on Sundays in front of football.