[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

VENT ALERT: Anyone going through this?

pmstick

I can't stay quiet anymore, I gotta bitch somewhere.

I am #1 in points scored in my league. I have put up over consistently high points every week.

The problem is I am getting beaten by high points every week and easily have the most points scored against. I am about to fall to 1-5. Four straight weeks with second highest points scored, and highest points against.

Unbelievable...now the injuries are taking their toll.

I didn't see a vent thread here, feel free to leave your own. Just sucks as all...

Never played FF prior to this season huh? Welcome to the fun ... BTW, sometimes these things even out, other times - no so much ... you just have to roll with it. Good luck.

I have for about 10 yrs, but to lose four straight this way? Liquor stores are closed here on Sundays lol.

Some years it works in your favor, some years it doesn't.

I've never played in a league like I'm about to mention, but I know some league's who award 1 point for a H2H win, and 1 point for the top six high scores (in a 12 team league) of that week. So if you have the 2nd highest score but lose to the highest score you would get 1-1 for the week. This is to somewhat solve the problem you are mentioning.

I can't stay quiet anymore, I gotta bitch somewhere.

I am #1 in points scored in my league. I have put up over consistently high points every week.

The problem is I am getting beaten by high points every week and easily have the most points scored against. I am about to fall to 1-5. Four straight weeks with second highest points scored, and highest points against.

Unbelievable...now the injuries are taking their toll.

I didn't see a vent thread here, feel free to leave your own. Just sucks as all...

join the club dude. 1-4 and almost the leader on points, although i crushed my opponent this week..

Yup this week i lost everything i was involved in. Both of my leagues and all of my fanduels. I guess u win some and u lose some. After winning both last week and winning some on fanduel i thought i was gunna be on a roll but nope...complete 360. Thats FF for ya tho. BUT..Last year i snuck into the playoffs from 6th place last year on the last week to get into the playoffs and ended up winning it all so i wont give up haha.

We switched to a double-header format every week to alleviate a bit of this. At least in your situation you would salvage a split. It has kept the vital head-to-head element, but it has worked very well to minimize this sort of thing.

Hang in there. A guy in our league started same way last year, and ended up running table after week eight to sneak into playoffs and win the whole damn thing lol. Particularly painful for me since I was number one seed and lost to him in the semis!

• Like 1

I posted it somewhere else already, last year we had an owner go 0-6, ended up going 5-2 over his last games and if it wouldn't have been for a bonehead decision to sit a starting RB for a scrub (don't remember the matchup - I'm sure I can find it if I wanted to), he would have won the entire league..

Don't give up. It's frustrating - I'm 2-4 with a top 3 team (on paper) - it'll all work itself out..

• 1 month later...

Law of averages worked out FINALLY.

After losing about four matchups on Monday nights this season where my opponent came back to nip me in the last 3 minutes of every game, I had the highest point total of any team but was about to miss the playoffs.

Winning my last three weeks, I needed the 8th place team to lose and they were 90% (Y!) favorites being behind by 10 points going into Sun night awaiting the KC-DEN game with their having all of Bowe, Kelce and KC D remaining. They lost meaning I'm in.

I am so ready to run it.

Edited by pmstick

If you are going to lose, losing with high points is the way to do it. What can (and often does) happen is that you will find that a few key wins coupled with a few key losses will vault you RAPIDLY up the rankings. Because towards the end of the season you will find yourself with the same record as a few other teams all trying for that last playoff spot.... and guess what... you have the same record as those guys, but you are top of the heap because of all those points.... then you are in the dance..... and thats all that matters.

Because now i'ts a whole new season baby.

I am confused about something though. You said you are in the playoffs because the 8th place team lost... Are you saying that places 1-8 make the playoffs?

Edited by Alphashado

Has a great week this week. Won all of my leagues and some money on Fanduel. Why cant every week be like this? I swear FF points are contagious.. Since Thursday i had Sanchez/Jeffrey/Lynch get me 50 points and proceeded to score 135 and everyone did great. But then once i have someone do bad on thurs games its like it carries over into Sunday and everyone else does bad. Hope everyone did well this week. Need one team to win this week and might hae a shot at the playoffs after starting 3-6.

Last year I missed the playoffs in my 10 team league with the highest scoring team. It wasn't a boom or bust team either I was the most consistent every week but I had the most points scored against me by a large margin. Also last year in my 12 team league I missed the playoffs with the 2nd highest scoring team. This year I just snuck into the playoffs in one of my 10 team leagues at 7-6 with the 2nd highest scoring team and there is only 20-30 pts seperating my and the highest scoring team. Once again I have the most points scored against me. So yes I know the feeling.

One of my teams which I believed to be very balanced and strong across the entire roster started 0-4 despite leading in total points scored those first four weeks. One loss was by 2 points, one by 4, in a ppr league. That team has won 9 straight and is seeded third in a 6 team playoff. It's never over til it's over.

I feel your pain... I am tops in the league in scoring in my PPR league and I sit in 4th at 8-5. 2nd in the league in scoring in my standard league and again I sit in 4th at 8-5. Constantly losing to teams having their best week of the season, constantly putting up top 3 numbers and losing to the only 2 teams that could have beat me. I guess I should be thankful that I am in the playoffs but I can't help but feeling I should have bye's in the 1st round....frustrating

On the flipside I started the season 4-1 dead last in scoring after 5 games. Been hit hard with injuries this year, Matt Ryan (not him but his o-line), palmer, aj green, gio Bernard, Jordan Cameron. Also drafted Gerhart (oops), and Lacy's slow start was hard to weather, I've been in must win mode these last 3 weeks.

But I did and I'm in! Traded Miller and T Smith for Brady, now I'm going into the playoffs

Brady

Green, Mike Evans

Lacy, cj Anderson

Witten

Jeremy Hill/Gio Bernard/Keenan Allen

Mason Crosby

Lions

Bench Matt Ryan, j Matthews, boom Herron, vjax, pats d

10 team standard scoring, looking for my first title after losing in the final last year.

Good luck everybody!

In 2011, I had the highest points for in my league, and missed the playoffs by 1-game at 7-7 (top 4 make playoffs). The team with the second most points also finished 7-7 and placed 6th, behind me. Other owners said that was the first time they had ever seen that, i.e., top 2 scoring teams missed playoffs. Fortunately, I did pocket $50 for leading the league in points. FF is an odd (and sometimes very cruel) game!

3rd highest scoring team in our league missed the playoffs, finished 6-7 and lost some close games, faced high scoring teams at times. He led in points scored against as well (he scored 1245 had 1268 against, about 130 more than the average points against, or 10 points a week).

But at least he gets a share (20%) of the roster move pot, which is a healthy $250, wild card playoff spot is only worth $40 (and another $40 if you win).