[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help find proper FORMAT

FastSteve

Hope this is the right section to post this under as I wasn't 100% sure.

I have taken on commissioner duties for a dynasty league that is in its second year on NFL.com. Our second draft was a complete disaster. NFL.com's site is not setup at all for DYNASTY leagues.

It does NOT take into consideration that in a dynasty league you keep your entire team. We started the first year with 32 players. So the issue that comes from that, is instead of the draft starting at R1 for the next year it started at R33 through R40-as we expanded to 40 players. So any trades with early round draft picks included ended up shorting the person that was suppose to have that draft pick sent to them. NFL.com also followed last years draft order. So it completely messed up the order that should have been based on team standing from last year.

And the next big problem. If it is a dynasty league, how in the hell do you have a draft when they do NOT allow us to start with a larger roster that must be reduced by a set time? I asked them about this & was told you can only increase the roster but not reduce it once you draft. Gave me some BS about fairness or might change how people draft. Both ridiculous replies. First everyone would know they will have to reduce their rosters by a given point & second changing strategy to adjust to the specifics of the league & team need is what fantasy football is all about.

So my question is this. Does anyone know of a site, preferable a free one that I can move the league to? One that will allow us to start with a larger roster that I can set to be reduced at a certain time. One that will acknowledge we keep our entire team & still start each years draft as R1 & adjust to how the teams finished. So I don't have this mess with draft pick trades again or have to go in there & manually adjust the draft every year. Or if it cant start R1, I can set it so that we know each year for example will have 32 keepers & will draft say 8 & set it like this. So people can trade accordingly. So basically people would know R33 is basically R1 & trade accordingly & the site would recognize this.

Thanks for any info that can be provided.

You get what you pay for. If you're going to do a dynasty, pony up the whole $8 per player per year and do it on MFL for christ sake.

I am taking that as $8 per team. And nothing wrong with not wanting to pay more than one has too. Everyone pays the league fee each to get into. Now $8 isn't bad at all. I just don't want to be looking at some site that will charging $20-30 a team or more.

Fleaflicker.com is your best bet for free, but it also has limitations.

If you do MFL, the early bird cost in the spring/summer is $70. For a 10 man league that's $7 each. Pretty cheap all things considered.

I do all my dynasty leagues on MFL as well but I think Yahoo is able to carry-over players year to year. Again a case of getting what you pay for. I'd recommend MFL

Carrying over players isn't the issue. The issue is NFL.com doesn't recognize it is still a "fresh" draft & does not start R1. NFL.com will also not allow us to start with a larger roster & REDUCE it at a set time. They only allow roster increases once the league has drafted.

Clearly from your comments NFL.com can not accommodate your needs.

As others have mentioned, MFL is great with dynasty/keeper leagues.

I have not used RTSports for a dynasty, only for the FFPC leagues when they were there, and it is a decent site as well.

I am also noticing that NFL.com is slow as hell to put the IR mark next to players that have been ruled out for the season.

Probably because they don't do it until it is done officially by the team. Most hosting sites won't put the IR designation on a player until it is actually done. For example, I am waiting to be able to put Ridley and Mayo on IR in one league as I could use the roster spots, but until the Patriots actually put them on IR, I can't do that.

Probably because they don't do it until it is done officially by the team. Most hosting sites won't put the IR designation on a player until it is actually done. For example, I am waiting to be able to put Ridley and Mayo on IR in one league as I could use the roster spots, but until the Patriots actually put them on IR, I can't do that.

That is EXACTLY why I made that comment. I too am in the Ridley/Mayo boat. But in true Patriot form they are playing the games with their roster listings like they do with the injury report. Everyone knows they are done. But no the Patriots have to drag it out. I respect the hell out of Belichick for what he has accomplished but there are just some things I cant stand about him-and this is one of them!

Belichik doesn't care about fantasy football players or anybody else that wants accurate injury information. Until the NFL starts punishing him for it (if he's really breaking any rules) he'll continue to do what has worked for him.

Sucks for sure, and one of the things you risk with IR rules like that.