[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jarvis Landry

SecondString

Anything to see here? Second rounder out of LSU, he is now second only to Wallace in receptions for Miami, had a mini-breakout Sunday with his first TD vs. the Packers, and his playing time and targets should continue to increase. I'm thinking with the lack of receiving talent on that roster, he could be primed for a nice workload.

Would temper expectations with Tannehill at QB then him competing with the likes of Hartline and Gibson.

Has two less targets than Hartline for the year, and twice as many as Gibson, despite only having one target in week 1. His stock is rising, but you're right about Tannehill limiting his ceiling. Not worried about the competition there though.

Not sure I get the whole "Tannehill will limit him" thing.

If anything, a struggling Tannehill is probably more apt to lock on to a crisp route runner in order to move the chains. They have a proven deep threat that keeps safeties honest, so what's not to like about a possession type receiver like Landry?

Brian Hartline has completely dropped off the radar in terms of being a guy you could plug in and get decent PPR production out of every week.... common sense would tell you Landry is trending towards being that guy moving forward.

At minimum, he's worth a speculative add based on what Hartline has done in the past.

Liked Landry before the season, looks like he is getting a shot now. If he put up strong stats in his first significant action I think the Tannehill limiting him discussion should die down. If anything he will just be a little inconsistent, as all rookie WR are.

Edited by TonyBromo

I don't think Tannehill or Philbin limits him as much as his name. Think about it. How many successful Jarvises are there out in the world, much less the NFL? There is Jarvis Jones, the Steeler linebacker, but he's currently injured. The only other Jarvis I can think of is Cookie Jarvis of Cookie Crisp cereal commercial fame, but when's the last time you even thought of Cookie Crisp, much less ate a bowl of it. I advise you proceed with caution.

Edited by Tripleshot

Just saying that Rishad Matthews was similar last year leading up to a 2TD game against the Bucs on MNF but then dropped off the radar again. Worth a pickup to monitor how he goes in the next few games.

Fair enough, but you're talking about a 7th round pick out of Nevada versus a 2nd rounder out of LSU who was an elite recruit.

Not to mention he is returning kickoffs and is very involved in that offense and I agree there is a big difference between him and Matthews

Based on him getting both PR and KR duties I just replaced Sankey with him.

Would temper expectations with Tannehill at QB then him competing with the likes of Hartline and Gibson.

He plays the slot. Big and strong with good hands. He won't compete on the outside (Hartline, Wallace) but has been playing Gibson's position (slot). He's getting more looks than Clay and since Tannehill struggles with the deep pass, he does tend to look over the middle quite a bit. I would also be cautious at this point. Lazor does seem to be working him more and more into the starting line up. Worthy of a stash for sure.

Fair enough, but you're talking about a 7th round pick out of Nevada versus a 2nd rounder out of LSU who was an elite recruit.

Not to mention he is returning kickoffs and is very involved in that offense and I agree there is a big difference between him and Matthews

Just stating that a lot of people on here said the same about Matthews last year as he become a popular target for a month after Gibson went down but it didn't last.

Just stating that a lot of people on here said the same about Matthews last year as he become a popular target for a month after Gibson went down but it didn't last.

One of the worst things you can do in FF IMO is try to map out a players outlook based on what another player did. He may well fade away, but Landry has much more talent than Mathews and Hartline as well. It stands to reason that he has a much better shot at being a breakout target than Matthews ever had or will.