[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees Value

GoldenEagle81

But it is really him?

Their OL has not performed up to snuff. Graham has been disappointing. The loss of Sproles - even though it appeared he had "lost a step - was actually pretty huge.

His next 4 games could be huge:

Week 8 vs. GBP -- You know this is going to be a shootout, and it's in the Superdome

Week 9 @CAR -- Traditionally, this has been one of Brees' "down" games. Shouldn't be with the way the Panther D has looked.

Week 10 vs. SFO -- Tougher matchup but Brees has always played the Niners tough and it's in the Dome

Week 11@CIN -- Bengals have not been good against the pass.

Honestly, even if Graham isn't 100% coming into the next month's worth of games, I think you see Brees "return to normal" here. I'd say 3/4 of these games will be over 300 yards and there'll be multiple scores in all of them.

I own Brees in a league and am simply not concerned at all.

Good info and analysis. As for your initial question, "is it really him?" It doesn't matter why if he doesn't improve. But your analysis provides reasons for the slow start and why you think he'll improve.

One more thing, you say he'll be throwing for 300 plus yards and multiple TDs, that's pretty much what he's done this year except weeks 1 & 2. (Multiple is at least 2, not sure if you expect more than 2 with any regularity). Maybe I'm expecting more from him based on history, my gut has told me he often throws for more than 2 TDs and yardage closer to 400 yards. Not every week, but every 2-3 weeks at last, and the stats for the last 2 years confirm that

2013 - WK4=413/4, 8=332/5, 9=382/2, 10=392/4, 14=313/4, 15=393/1, 17=381/4

2012 - WK1=339/3, 3=240/3, 4=446/3, 5=370/4, 6=377/4, 10=298/3, 11=219/3, 12=267/3, 15=307/4, 16=446/3, 17=396/4

that is 18 games in 2 years with 3 or more TDs or close to 400 yards (mostly the TDs)

Where are those big games? Will they come this year? Or wasn't he expected to have them this year? That is part of what I referring to an earlier post, 250-300 yards and 2 TDs isn't exactly what one expects from an elite QB like Brees. You drafted him high expecting more.

I think our scoring is playing a factor in my views, its the only league I play in and QBs need TDs for big points. 6pt TDs and only 1 pt per 50 yards passing, they need 300 yards to equal one TD. 250/2 is not a huge game from a QB, 3-4-5 TDs is where they explode. If scoring is 1pt/20 or 25 yards and 4pt TDs that is a big difference.

Is 18 ppg what you expected from him? How does that compare to other QBs and where they were taken? I protected Rivers as one of my 5 in a keeper league, and drafted Cutler 3-4 round, they are both in the top 5, Brees is ranked 17, 76 points in 5 games, 15 points a game is a top RB/WR score, not a good QB.

He is not the stud he was in other years, through 5 games. For whatever reason he is having trouble putting up numbers. And he hasn;t exactly faced elite defenses yet (the surprising Cowboys D being the best). And it doesn't get better with tough games ahead @DET, GB, SF.

darin,

No way, @ Detroit, against that D. He threw 3 picks and had to throw almost 60 times for his decent numbers against TB, he's going to be dead if he throws that much in DET.

Good call, Mr. Expert.

Good call, Mr. Expert.

He finally had one of those games big games I was referring to, 300+ yards, 3 TDs, over 20 points in our league. But still lagging behind guys like Cutler, Rivers, etc. in oveall scoring.

You can keep acting like I'm nuts and you're some genius. But for anybody who has followed Brees career the last few years to not recognize the downward trend that the first half of this season showed is crazy. Not saying he is bad or a bust, but the slow start (with few big score games) should be troubling to those counting on Brees as a top 5 QB.

But go ahead and bump the thread and post some snide remark if that makes you feel like a big man. I have my opinions and usually back them up with facts. You just :mouth::mouth:

He finally had one of those games big games I was referring to, 300+ yards, 3 TDs, over 20 points in our league. But still lagging behind guys like Cutler, Rivers, etc. in oveall scoring.

You can keep acting like I'm nuts and you're some genius. But for anybody who has followed Brees career the last few years to not recognize the downward trend that the first half of this season showed is crazy. Not saying he is bad or a bust, but the slow start (with few big score games) should be troubling to those counting on Brees as a top 5 QB.

But go ahead and bump the thread and post some snide remark if that makes you feel like a big man. I have my opinions and usually back them up with facts. You just :mouth::mouth:

Actually, this would be a direct result of YOU running your yapper. The two weeks following your profound outlook on Brees, he posts his highest score of the season, then beats it the following week. Yep, looks like he's on downward skid to me:

All you do is talk and try to start arguments, then you can't own up to your BS when you are proven wrong. Shut up and eat your crow like a man. Are you a man????

Actually, this would be a direct result of YOU running your yapper. The two weeks following your profound outlook on Brees, he posts his highest score of the season, then beats it the following week. Yep, looks like he's on downward skid to me:

All you do is talk and try to start arguments, then you can't own up to your BS when you are proven wrong. Shut up and eat your crow like a man. Are you a man????

Yes I am a man, you are a punk. I never said he was washed up and horrible. I only talked about how he hasn't produced at his historical level, and that it would make sense for owners to be concerned. While you wanted to laugh at people who were concerned because he wasn't playing as well as in the past.

So after I said he hasn't had the big games, he comes out and has big games. Don't see how that makes my observations and statements about his production up to that point (before the big games wrong). It means he finally started doing what you'd expect. So now his owners can breath a little easier.

Keep stalking me if you like, I won't see it....

In my league he's currently averaging the 6th highest points per game in QBs (6 pt TDs). You're absolutely right, he's no longer a top 5 QB.

Damn the regression!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was he 2 weeks ago when this discussion started?

In my league he's 10th right now in total points, would take me some time to compute PPG and rank them, Ok did some quick calculation he's 8th Player PPG Peyton Manning QB | DEN 24.28571 Andrew Luck QB | IND 24.125 Aaron Rodgers QB | GB 20.75 Russell Wilson QB | SEA 20.28571 Philip Rivers QB | SD 20 Jay Cutler QB | CHI 18.25 Tom Brady QB | NE 17.625 Drew Brees QB | NO 16.85714 Ben Roethlisberger QB | PIT 16.75 Eli Manning QB | NYG 16.42857 Colin Kaepernick QB | SF 16.14286 Tony Romo QB | DAL 16.14286 Matt Ryan QB | ATL 15.625 Ryan Tannehill QB | MIA 14.85714 Nick Foles QB | PHI 14.57143 Joe Flacco QB | BAL 14.375 Matthew Stafford QB | DET 13.75

I simply would expect Brees to be posting more elite numbers, not mid to bottom of a starting QB in a 12 team league. Not top 5 for sure, and needs a significant improvement and others to drop back some to end up top 5 (the OPs basic question, will he be top 5). Those guys scoring 20PPG, that is what I would expect from Brees.

Yes I am a man, you are a punk. I never said he was washed up and horrible. I only talked about how he hasn't produced at his historical level, and that it would make sense for owners to be concerned. While you wanted to laugh at people who were concerned because he wasn't playing as well as in the past.

So after I said he hasn't had the big games, he comes out and has big games. Don't see how that makes my observations and statements about his production up to that point (before the big games wrong). It means he finally started doing what you'd expect. So now his owners can breath a little easier.

Keep stalking me if you like, I won't see it....

Considering the fact that I was OP, this is hardly stalking....idiot LMAO.