[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees Value

GoldenEagle81

I would be a huge buyer if there were those trying to bail.

6 home games remaining - don't care who the opponent is, he'll put up numbers at home.

And if we're going off pure "strength of schedule", he has 7 very good matchups remaining according to my SOS review.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 3

I would be a huge buyer if there were those trying to bail.

6 home games remaining - don't care who the opponent is, he'll put up numbers at home.

And if we're going off pure "strength of schedule", he has 7 very good matchups remaining according to my SOS review.

Completely agree, buy him now and get him traded in.

Pulled the trigger last night. I gave Foles and Michael Floyd and got Brees and Crabtree. Hated giving up Floyd, but my WRs are good.

Gutsy trade.

I think Brees is a solid buy low guy. He's gonna fall off the radar at some point, but not this damn quick. The Brees owner in my league (a good bud of mine) is getting antsy and I'm sorta telling him to just relax...the corner will turn.

Gutsy trade.

I think Brees is a solid buy low guy. He's gonna fall off the radar at some point, but not this damn quick. The Brees owner in my league (a good bud of mine) is getting antsy and I'm sorta telling him to just relax...the corner will turn.

You think? I'd actually rather have Crabtree over Floyd and most definitely Brees over Foles.

Sounds like a winner of a deal to me. :shrug:

You think? I'd actually rather have Crabtree over Floyd and most definitely Brees over Foles.

Sounds like a winner of a deal to me. :shrug:

Yea I mis-read the situation. I didn't realize Foles had been so spotty this year. Brees over Foles is a no brainer. I guess I'm still living off last year when Foles lead me to a championship. Also, Brees has been pretty good so far, he is currently 16th in my league, but has had a bye week so accounting for that and the fact most QBs ahead of him have not had a bye (only Peyton so far), I have him right around 6th overall...(behind Luck, Manning, Rivers, Cutler, Newton)

I like Floyd over Crabtree though.

Edited by kwolf68

I do think it's pretty funny how many people are down on Brees bc he has averaged 18 ppg through 5 appearances......lol

Is 18 ppg what you expected from him? How does that compare to other QBs and where they were taken? I protected Rivers as one of my 5 in a keeper league, and drafted Cutler 3-4 round, they are both in the top 5, Brees is ranked 17, 76 points in 5 games, 15 points a game is a top RB/WR score, not a good QB.

He is not the stud he was in other years, through 5 games. For whatever reason he is having trouble putting up numbers. And he hasn;t exactly faced elite defenses yet (the surprising Cowboys D being the best). And it doesn't get better with tough games ahead @DET, GB, SF.

darin,

No way, @ Detroit, against that D. He threw 3 picks and had to throw almost 60 times for his decent numbers against TB, he's going to be dead if he throws that much in DET.

The Lions last three games were against the Jets, Bills, and Vikings. Let's not make them out to be the the Iron Curtain just yet. I agree that Drew Brees isn't the same QB without Henderson stretching the field and Sproles taking the screen passes for 40 yards.He's still a top 10 qb, but he's no longer keeper status in my opinion.

Is 18 ppg what you expected from him? How does that compare to other QBs and where they were taken? I protected Rivers as one of my 5 in a keeper league, and drafted Cutler 3-4 round, they are both in the top 5, Brees is ranked 17, 76 points in 5 games, 15 points a game is a top RB/WR score, not a good QB.

He is not the stud he was in other years, through 5 games. For whatever reason he is having trouble putting up numbers. And he hasn;t exactly faced elite defenses yet (the surprising Cowboys D being the best). And it doesn't get better with tough games ahead @DET, GB, SF.

darin,

No way, @ Detroit, against that D. He threw 3 picks and had to throw almost 60 times for his decent numbers against TB, he's going to be dead if he throws that much in DET.

Ha - naturally you would come in playing Devil's advocate. There were a few key words in my post "through five games". Let that sink in.

The Lions last three games were against the Jets, Bills, and Vikings. Let's not make them out to be the the Iron Curtain just yet. I agree that Drew Brees isn't the same QB without Henderson stretching the field and Sproles taking the screen passes for 40 yards.He's still a top 10 qb, but he's no longer keeper status in my opinion.

You have a point...The only good team Lions have faced was the packers in week 3..But that's when they were struggling and of course it was a divisional game...I don't see the Lions winning in a MUST win game for the saints..Plus their coming off a BYE...I say this week the Saints will surprise a lot of people..I can see Brees back to his form and throwing over 300 yards and 3-4 tds

Ha - naturally you would come in playing Devil's advocate. There were a few key words in my post "through five games". Let that sink in.

What else should they go on, last year's stats? The prior years?

If I was a Brees owner I'd be concerened, I don't see how one isn't down on Brees after the games so far. If I compare his points this year to other years he never had a stretch of games like this. Every 3-4 weeks he brakes out for 25-30 or more (in my scoring).

Yes I play devils advocate a lot, what can I say when I read a statement and it doesn't agree with facts (or my opinion) alarms go off and I respond.

What else should they go on, last year's stats? The prior years?

If I was a Brees owner I'd be concerened, I don't see how one isn't down on Brees after the games so far. If I compare his points this year to other years he never had a stretch of games like this. Every 3-4 weeks he brakes out for 25-30 or more (in my scoring).

Yes I play devils advocate a lot, what can I say when I read a statement and it doesn't agree with facts (or my opinion) alarms go off and I respond.

Nope, to say it's funny how many people are down on him after 5 games would neither dispute fact or opinion. It IS a fact.

Nope, to say it's funny how many people are down on him after 5 games would neither dispute fact or opinion. It IS a fact.

Strange, I always thought whether something was funny or not is a matter of OPINION not an absolute FACT. Thanks for educating me.

Why is it funny?

Or why is it even wrong to be down on a guy that is producing well below his statistical average and outside the trends of his past performance. I'd say not being down on him or concerned about him is :weird:

Edited by stevegrab

Strange, I always thought whether something was funny or not is a matter of OPINION not an absolute FACT. Thanks for educating me.

Why is it funny?

Or why is it even wrong to be down on a guy that is producing well below his statistical average and outside the trends of his past performance. I'd say not being down on him or concerned about him is :weird:

Case in point. What do you have to say today??

darin,

342/2

Case in point. What do you have to say today??

Didn't see the game, so I don't have much to say. My brother was watching and it sounded like the Saints played better. I just didn't thing it was strange or funny for people to be concerned about a top QB not performing at the expected level, yes even after 5 games.

342/2

Close but missed by one TD. Depends on your scoring but in my league 342/2 = 18, 330/3 = 24, and that's a significant difference.

I didn't expect him to play that well, plan to watch the game on NFL replay to see for myself.

Didn't see the game, so I don't have much to say. My brother was watching and it sounded like the Saints played better. I just didn't thing it was strange or funny for people to be concerned about a top QB not performing at the expected level, yes even after 5 games.

Close but missed by one TD. Depends on your scoring but in my league 342/2 = 18, 330/3 = 24, and that's a significant difference.

I didn't expect him to play that well, plan to watch the game on NFL replay to see for myself.

Most leagues do not have 6-point QB TDs. He also had 13 rushing yards.

I'm not trying to gloat, but I would say my projection was far closer to what you likely thought he'd get.

I'm not trying to gloat, but I would say my projection was far closer to what you likely thought he'd get.

Yep, I thought the Lions defense would do a better job against him. You were pretty close with your projection.

If I were a Brees owner I'd be relieved, but still concerned he hasn't been himself this year.

Yep, I thought the Lions defense would do a better job against him. You were pretty close with your projection.

If I were a Brees owner I'd be relieved, but still concerned he hasn't been himself this year.

But it is really him?

Their OL has not performed up to snuff. Graham has been disappointing. The loss of Sproles - even though it appeared he had "lost a step - was actually pretty huge.

His next 4 games could be huge:

Week 8 vs. GBP -- You know this is going to be a shootout, and it's in the Superdome

Week 9 @CAR -- Traditionally, this has been one of Brees' "down" games. Shouldn't be with the way the Panther D has looked.

Week 10 vs. SFO -- Tougher matchup but Brees has always played the Niners tough and it's in the Dome

Week 11@CIN -- Bengals have not been good against the pass.

Honestly, even if Graham isn't 100% coming into the next month's worth of games, I think you see Brees "return to normal" here. I'd say 3/4 of these games will be over 300 yards and there'll be multiple scores in all of them.

I own Brees in a league and am simply not concerned at all.

• Like 1

Enjoy the ridiculous flag-fest.