[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buy Low, Sell High Candidates

Big Dogs

Going into week 7, who does everyone feel are good candidates for buying low, and selling high.

In two of my leagues I've got Cutler sitting on the bench, and with our scoring rules, he's currently a top 5 QB averaging 21 points a week, but have no real idea who or what I can get for him.

Also have Le'Veon Bell who's been killing it points wise, but Pittsburgh has been playing like crap overall and they've also been playing crap teams (for the most part), but they have a stretch of tough games coming up, so feel I could get a lot for him as well....

I feel like if there's ever a time to sell either, it's now.

What is everyone else seeing for trade values out there, and what are some of the good values out there?

• Like 1

I think Ben Tate's value might reach an apex after this weekend's game vs. Jacksonville, assuming he doesn't get hurt and still gets a big majority of the carries. Selling Tate soon makes sense IMO with his injury history and effective backups behind him (though I don't know how well either Crowell or West pass protects). I think Cam Newton is another decent "sell high" as he had won't be running as much with better RBs coming back from injury.

I think now is a good time to still buy low on Bishop Sankey. He somewhat underwhelmed last week, but the cream usually rises. I wouldn't give up too much, but someone who was waiting for Sankey to get an opportunity might be disappointed to give up on him. I also think now would be a decent time to try to buy Pierre Garcon if you can afford to wait on him a little. If RG3 really is back within the next few weeks, Garcon should become that reliable WR2 that he was drafted to be.

• Like 1

I have Cutler and Rivers, put Cutler on the block (open trading email to all owners) looking for running backs, I got zero responses. I will start looking at individual teams to target and see who needs a QB and has some extra RB depth. Problem is most of the good teams have top QBs or ones they feel are good enough (like Brees who has started slow). Rivers ranks 2nd, Cutler 5th in our league, both getting around 20PPG. Rivers has started almost every game for me, though I think Cutler gets the nod this week.

So from my standpoint, in my leauge so far Cutler isn't fetching much value.

I think Calvin Johnson could be a good buy low candidate in redrafts.

In one league of the two leagues where I have Cutler, I also have Peyton, and as much as I want to keep him, I'm seriously considering putting him up on the block for the top 1-2 RB or WR, and going the distance with Cutler, but it scares me to give up the consistency I'll get with Peyton.

Edited by Big Dogs

In one league of the two leagues where I have Cutler, I also have Peyton, and as much as I want to keep him, I'm seriously considering putting him up on the block for the top 1-2 RB or WR, and going the distance with Cutler, but it scares me to give up the consistency I'll get with Peyton.

WoW....trading Peyton? Can you not get that top WR or RB by shopping Cutler instead? Manning is 10x the QB Cutler is and Im a Bears fan.

• Like 1

WoW....trading Peyton? Can you not get that top WR or RB by shopping Cutler instead? Manning is 10x the QB Cutler is and Im a Bears fan.

I don't think most fantasy owners value Cutler very high. Whether its fear of injury, him having melt downs, or late season weather. As I said I offered him up and got nothing. Also too many owners see there QB that is ranked in the 8-15 range as "just fine, he'll come around" and are not willing to spend much for what they see as a minimal upgrade. But Peyton, he's sure to draw more interest.

Below is the QB grid from my league. The Brees owner has only carried 2QB for last week (one week ad for Cousins), Brees hasn't been great and he could use somebody better. Most of those teams probably feel set, I suspect Big Dogs league isn't too different. 2 top 10 QB just aren't worth that much, and hard to trade. Not like 2 top 10 RB/WR.

It is going to take some QB injuries to give Cutler more value in a trade.

QB by team

C Kaepernick M Stafford

M Ryan A Dalton

J Flacco T Bridgewater A Smith

T Romo J Locker

R Wilson R Griffin III

P RiversJ Cutler

T Brady N Foles

A Luck B Bortles

A Rodgers B Roethlisberger

E Manning R Tannehill

P Manning C Newton

D Brees

Edited by stevegrab

I don't think most fantasy owners value Cutler very high. Whether its fear of injury, him having melt downs, or late season weather.

Yup!! This is exactly what is going on! I would much rather keep Peyton, however, perception is reality. Despite the avg ppg, no one sees Cutler as a top flight QB and are not willing to give up much for him.

I will draw interest and get consideration for Murray or another top flight player with Peyton. If I offer them Cutler, they will look at me like I have 3 heads.

They say you draw more flies with Honey than Vinegar. Peyton = Honey, Cutler = Vinegar.

The question I have to answer for myself is whether I'm willing to take on the risk that is Cutler for the rest of the season. :shrug:

• Like 1

Yup!! This is exactly what is going on! I would much rather keep Peyton, however, perception is reality. Despite the avg ppg, no one sees Cutler as a top flight QB and are not willing to give up much for him.

I will draw interest and get consideration for Murray or another top flight player with Peyton. If I offer them Cutler, they will look at me like I have 3 heads.

They say you draw more flies with Honey than Vinegar. Peyton = Honey, Cutler = Vinegar.

The question I have to answer for myself is whether I'm willing to take on the risk that is Cutler for the rest of the season. :shrug:

This is pretty much the essence of building a championship team. You have to be the one who has the faith in the perceived 2nd tier guy that he will get it done and get what you can for the big name. If you can fetch Murray for Peyton, then you have to look at who you'd be benching at RB to make room for Murray and ask yourself if Peyton and that guy > Cutler and Murray. My money would be Cutler and Murray.

• Like 4

I think this is about as low as LeSean McCoys perception can possibly be and I think he's about to remind everyone why he's the best FF player out there for the 2nd half of the season... I think some fantasy owners are willing to part with him since he's on a bye week and the overall start to the season. That may be a few days late, not sure how your league does late week trades and when they hit your roster. But that was part of my pitch, that I would absorb the bye week...I just traded for him in both of my leagues

• Like 2

Lol_cutler

His ADP was so low that nobody wants to trade a WR2 or RB2 out of pure principle alone. You have to sell him 50 cents on the dollar.

Year after year there is always that guy...who either drafted QB heavy or IS embarrassed by QB riches. Either way, owners never seem desperate enough for a QB, or there is something satisfactory about watching a QB rot on a bench...benefit to none. Never seems to work.

Lol RB1/2 yeah right

This is pretty much the essence of building a championship team. You have to be the one who has the faith in the perceived 2nd tier guy that he will get it done and get what you can for the big name. If you can fetch Murray for Peyton, then you have to look at who you'd be benching at RB to make room for Murray and ask yourself if Peyton and that guy > Cutler and Murray. My money would be Cutler and Murray.

This.

Trade Manning and ride Cutler. Zero QB is more than just theory...especially in 10 team leagues.

• Like 1