[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Manager- Is this fair

OPT2020

Ok so I am new to Fantasy football in a 8 team league. We are all pretty much new except the League Manager who gave himself the first pick. So after the draft another player dropped Arian Foster and I picked him up. I didnt know how well Foster was, I had just heard of him. The other player said it was by accident and I told the League Manager I would give him back. Nothing ever changed and Foster was hurt for a few weeks and didnt do to well. His last 3 weeks he did really well. Now here I am sitting at the top of the standings with the most points about to play the League Manager this week. I am over a 20 point favorite. I notice this afternoon that the League Manager had forced me to trade Arian Foster back to the original other player for Jace Amaro TE NYJ lol. This other player in the league is 0-6 and never changes his players bye weeks out and is irrelevant. I would have been ok giving him back in the beginning but not 7 weeks later when there are little RBs left. And to give me a crap TE for a top 5 RB. I feel I had a good chance of winning this league and the League Manager is just jealous and trying to hurt my chances. Is this a crap move or am I just over reacting? Feel like dropping this league.

Yeah this is a horrible move and I would be pissed. I could understand making the move right when it happened but now it's total bs and just wrong. There is no way fair and would demand to have it changed back. Seems like the commish is doing everything to make it an "the commish wins" league

• Like 1

Ok so I am new to Fantasy football in a 8 team league. We are all pretty much new except the League Manager who gave himself the first pick. So after the draft another player dropped Arian Foster and I picked him up. I didnt know how well Foster was, I had just heard of him. The other player said it was by accident and I told the League Manager I would give him back. Nothing ever changed and Foster was hurt for a few weeks and didnt do to well. His last 3 weeks he did really well. Now here I am sitting at the top of the standings with the most points about to play the League Manager this week. I am over a 20 point favorite. I notice this afternoon that the League Manager had forced me to trade Arian Foster back to the original other player for Jace Amaro TE NYJ lol. This other player in the league is 0-6 and never changes his players bye weeks out and is irrelevant. I would have been ok giving him back in the beginning but not 7 weeks later when there are little RBs left. And to give me a crap TE for a top 5 RB. I feel I had a good chance of winning this league and the League Manager is just jealous and trying to hurt my chances. Is this a crap move or am I just over reacting? Feel like dropping this league.

The bolded part would have been enough for me to pass on the league

• Like 1

Solution is simple, if it's a league where you know the guy. Head over to his house and beat the stupid out of him. That is blatent cheating and abuse of power.

If you don't know anyone in the league and it's a random freebie league online. Tough luck but at least you didn't lose any money.

I'd be pissed if anything even close to this happened in a league for money irregardless of the amount.

• Like 1

I disagree there is absolutely no reason he needs to trade Arian Foster to anyone. We all make poor decisions at one time or another and end up dropping a player you regret.

I dropped Antonio Gates before game 1 for a pick I thought had a higher upside, I was dead wrong, however I would in no way ask for him back after finding out how good he played. That is the entire point of fantasy football is to make predictions and hope you chose right. Picking a player up and putting him in your lineup before a big game or dropping/trading a player you believe will have a down turn.

The other player dropped Foster because he was worried about the back injury and Fosters negative attitude at the begining of the year. Poor choice, deal with it.

That commish needs to undo the move or step down. Everything about that action was wrong.

I disagree there is absolutely no reason he needs to trade Arian Foster to anyone. We all make poor decisions at one time or another and end up dropping a player you regret.

I dropped Antonio Gates before game 1 for a pick I thought had a higher upside, I was dead wrong, however I would in no way ask for him back after finding out how good he played. That is the entire point of fantasy football is to make predictions and hope you chose right. Picking a player up and putting him in your lineup before a big game or dropping/trading a player you believe will have a down turn.

The other player dropped Foster because he was worried about the back injury and Fosters negative attitude at the begining of the year. Poor choice, deal with it.

That commish needs to undo the move or step down. Everything about that action was wrong.

I agree that he should be allowed to keep Foster but clearly the commish isn't happy with that so if the guy does want to carry on in the league that could be the compromise.

But as someone said above the alarm bells should have been ringing when the commish just gave himself the #1 pick.

On another note, I hope this doesn't spoil your interest in fantasy football. If this league doesn't work out, give another league a chance. Although this time, you'll definitely be a bit wiser. Sucks that your time is being wasted with stupid stuff like this in your league.

Kind of an odd question, but does the Huddle have an area here for n00bs? Not in a negative way, but more along the lines of: here's a list of things to consider for rules, basics on deciding between IDP vs standard leagues, scoring settings (like 6 pts vs 4pts for a TD pass, why choose one over the other), etc.? Kind of a reach probably, but an opportunity to help introduce people to FF while also helping them avoid (as best that can be done) situations like this.

• Like 3

this is about the worst thing I've ever read on here. Total abuse of power.

Exactly, just giving himself the first pick for no apparent reason is alarming. Then making trades for teams to remove a top player just before plays them (weeks after it was identified as some sort of mistake).

If there is no money involved just walk away, or better yet screw the commish by throwing every game against his possible competition. Or as somebody else said, if you know the commish go over to his house and beat the snot out of him. What an A-hole.

Oh and also hope this doesn't spoil FF for you, sadly there are some commish who think the league is theirs to run as the like, and having rules are setup to favor them is perfectly ok.

No problem with manager taking first pick -- IF it was stipulated up front as his "fee" for managing the league, before the rest joined the league (new league so maybe that was the case). The rest is just stupid -- in ff you have to live with your decisions -- that said, I am emailing my league manager to get him to let me put Ivory back in my lineup. :fool:

Foster was dropped for whatever reason; you picked him up off of waivers as anybody else could have; he should remain on your team........end of story. You should not be penalized for following the rules as they were laid out.

Im betting the commish put a waiver claim in for Foster when he was dropped but was down the order so he's really pissed that he didn't get him.

Alright so I guess you cant drop out of a league. I tried to protest by benching or dropping my players. Turns out now I am not in the league and the League Manager took over my team. Complete BS.

Sucks cause that was the only league I was in and it made watching football more fun. Well at least I can still watch my Giants stink it up.

I've never advocated trading all your good players to one owner for crap, dropping the rest, naming your team "Commish Sucks" and rage quitting a league, but if the commissioner is going to act like a 13 your old, you may as well too.

Does the rest of your league know what transpired? They may all be new, but they can call BS too. Maybe with enough support the guy will back down?

I've never advocated trading all your good players to one owner for crap, dropping the rest, naming your team "Commish Sucks" and rage quitting a league, but if the commissioner is going to act like a 13 your old, you may as well too.

Does the rest of your league know what transpired? They may all be new, but they can call BS too. Maybe with enough support the guy will back down?

I would get more satisfaction with walking away from the league after winning the championship or at least beating as many teams as possible. And if I was ever spiteful enough to rage quit it would be on draft day before I paid my dues ... that is when the rage quit is most destructive.

• Like 1

I would get more satisfaction with walking away from the league after winning the championship or at least beating as many teams as possible. And if I was ever spiteful enough to rage quit it would be on draft day before I paid my dues ... that is when the rage quit is most destructive.

Agreed but how's that gonna happen with the commish going all martial law? If he can get the rest of the league to back him and get the commish to back down maybe he can finish the season at least. I definitely wouldn't be back either way, and would definitely walk away if the commish doesn't reverse the move before Sunday.