[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who gets a W first? Oakland or Jacksonville?

KipperSD

The Raiders played some inspired ball for the new HC against the Chargers but as the game wore down, it was blatantly obvious that they just don't have enough in the tank to go toe to toe with anybody. I HIGHLY doubt they win a game this year. Jax, on the other hand, has played well and are going through some QB change anxiety like normal. I'm pegging them to win at least 2 games this year.

Do they play each other this year?

No they don't cos' Jacksonville finished 3rd last year above the Texans and Raiders were bottom.

Both will get a win at some point, thought JAX might sneak past the Titans last week but they have been close a few times whilst the Raiders are playing much better for Sparano. I think Jags just cos' of an easier schedule.

It wouldn't surprise me all that much if they both won this week. I'd be more surprised by Oakland, I suppose, but neither would be a shock. The odds are heavily against either team going 0-16... There's simply too much parity in the NFL, from week to week. Nobody plays terribly every single week, and nobody plays their best every week. Sooner or later, they are both bound to catch a team on an off week, while playing well themselves. I'd put the O/U at about 2 for Jacksonville, and 1.5 for the Raiders.

• Like 1

Oakland's two best chances appear to be Thanksgiving night at home against KC and week 16 hosting Buffalo.

So I'll go with Jacksonville on this... And I'll predict they win next week hosting Miami.

Dolphins are the sort of team who usually play to their opponents level so can definitely see this happening.

Browns play both teams the next two weeks (@JAX, OAK) so I hope they aren't the ones to lose to the winless teams (like PIT against TB).

I think JAX is much less likely to go winless, because they have more games against mediocre teams (MIA, NYG, HOU-2, TEN) while OAK has to face AZ, SEA, DEN-2, KC-2, SD, SF their best chances coming against STL or BUF.

Yea its tough to say. JAX has the softer schedule but it looks like OAK is the better team after the strong showing against SD. I do think they both found their franchise QBs and have someone they can build around. I do agree in that they are both bound to win a game.

I will say JAX wins first for no apparent reason.

Edited by KipperSD

It wouldn't surprise me all that much if they both won this week. I'd be more surprised by Oakland, I suppose, but neither would be a shock. The odds are heavily against either team going 0-16... There's simply too much parity in the NFL, from week to week. Nobody plays terribly every single week, and nobody plays their best every week. Sooner or later, they are both bound to catch a team on an off week, while playing well themselves. I'd put the O/U at about 2 for Jacksonville, and 1.5 for the Raiders.

Agreed, and I'll take the over on both. Both teams are bad, but they all get paid, and sometimes a team just doesn't show up. Last 4 years there have been zero teams under two wins, and just 8 total under 4 - six teams finished with 2 wins, and two with 3 wins. The biggest challenge is Oakland's secondary - you just can't be that atrocious and win anything.

Well, JAX answered that question.

OAK still winless though with a brutal schedule..

Not too brutal they get to play the Browns this week, and don't even have an early (1PM Eastern) start, so that should help them. And if they have any healthy RB you can almost gaurantee a 100 yard game for them.

Not too brutal they get to play the Browns this week, and don't even have an early (1PM Eastern) start, so that should help them. And if they have any healthy RB you can almost gaurantee a 100 yard game for them.

They haven't had a healthy starting RB this decade