[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin to the JETS for a draft pick

keggerz

Yeah, I got nothin.

Percy was on the sidelines for like 8 of the 11 third downs in the second half last week in favor of Brian Walters. I'm wondering if Percy was taking himself off the field for some reason. I don't know why we neer used him right. I just don't know. I'm hoping he wasn't in a tiff with OC Darrell Bevell, and we ended up choosing Bevell. That would be the wrong decision. But to give up a 1st, 3rd, 7th, 13 million in dead cap space, and miss out on Cordarelle Patterson, just to cut a guy over a head issue when we already knew he might be a head case doesn't look good on our front office. I know Russell likes study buddies, and I"m guessing Percy wasn't one. But yeah, nothing but conspiracy theories at this point.

Remember, his contract would have been a HUGH hurdle in efforts to re up R.Wilson. I view this as a cap dump

Surely, they took this into account when they signed him. They've kind of been saving for Russell for a while, and with the huge cap increase expected next year, I highly doubt this was a cap dump. More of a personality dump I'm quite certain. They did it now to get more money off the cap sooner than later, but they're taking a 13 mil dead money cap hit, 8 of it coming this year.

Surely, they took this into account when they signed him. They've kind of been saving for Russell for a while,

Exactly, they knew Wilson's contract was coming up when they acquired Harvin. Trading 3 draft picks and paying 25 million to take a cap dump before midway through the 2014 season doesn't make sense. Harvin pissed somebody or some people off in the organization.

Edited by Bobby Brown

This got me wondering - If a player plays on a Thursday Night game but is traded on Friday, would he then be eligible to play for his new team on Sunday? He'd essentially play two games in one week. Has this ever happened before?

This got me wondering - If a player plays on a Thursday Night game but is traded on Friday, would he then be eligible to play for his new team on Sunday? He'd essentially play two games in one week. Has this ever happened before?

No and yes, a few times over the years

I definitely see a bump in value for Baldwin and/or Kearse. The passing game will revert to last year where they actually throw the ball downfield instead of 10 bubble screens/hand-offs to Harvin. Granted we are talking maybe WR3 value (relative to not being valuable enough to roster).

Yeah, that makes sense. I just don't think it makes enough a difference that I would be rushing to grab any of them. In deep/dynasty leagues, they're already rostered. And, in shallow leagues, I probably still wouldn't want somebody like Kearse, Lockette, or Richardson. I suppose Baldwin might become relevant as a WR3 in some leagues where he maybe wasn't before (like you alluded to). But, 15K adds? I'm guessing that's not the case in many of those leagues (and owners are going to expect more from him than what he's realistically going to give them).

That's what we FFer's sometimes do, though.... Jump all over guys like Reaves when DWill and Stewart weren't doing anything before him. :lol:

Edited by Gopher

There goes my starter for this week. AJ is hurt Graham is hurt, nobody left to start now. Dropped Baldwin in one league yesterday but in at least I kept him in one. Should jumpstart his stats. Frick...... :bash:

Edited by Cowboyz1

If it werent for penalties he would have scored 3 td's in one game? :shocking: Has to be related to on field/Locker room stuff? What about his SB performance? Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard? Attitude and effort always affect chemistry? The only thing i can think of?

Yeah, that makes sense. I just don't think it makes enough a difference that I would be rushing to grab any of them. In deep/dynasty leagues, they're already rostered. And, in shallow leagues, I probably still wouldn't want somebody like Kearse, Lockette, or Richardson. I suppose Baldwin might become relevant as a WR3 in some leagues where he maybe wasn't before (like you alluded to). But, 15K adds? I'm guessing that's not the case in many of those leagues (and owners are going to expect more from him than what he's realistically going to give them).

That's what we FFer's sometimes do, though.... Jump all over guys like Reaves when DWill and Stewart weren't doing anything before him. :lol:

Some Seattle WR is going to be of value; it's the whole opportunity equals relevance thing that we've seen in FF so many times. Tate was flex worthy last year. He's gone along with Harvin. Rice retired and Zach Miller is out for an extended period of time. Some WR on the team is going to be putting up double digit PPR performances almost every week.

Well it's going to come out probably sooner than later. Harvin was traded because of his anger management issues. There is rumor of elevator footage of Harvin beating his fiancee's dog with a switch. He faces a suspension longer than that of Rice, AP and Vick combined.

• Like 1

1. Remember when we thought the Browns were dumb for trading TRich?

2. Jets have a ton of cap space and no WR depth behind Decker.

3. I think this is a rising tide to float all fantasy boats in both NY and SEA, except for Wilson, who will probably be unaffected.

I say good trades on both sides all the way around. I am very interested to see what Geno can do with more than one credible receiver on the field.

• Like 1

There is no doubt the issues was with Harvin's personal conduct. Teams don't dump their #1 wideout, and arguably their best WR in the middle of the season for peanuts. He's got some pretty big issues if you can't get along on a SB caliber team, and your the talent they count on to get there. NY is the wrong place to be with issues. Wait till the paparazzi crawls up his butt to figure out what's really going on. I'm pissed at him cause I don't have a WR to play this week and now he plays for the 1-6 Jets with Gino Smith instead of Russel Wilson.

• Like 1

Can understand why Seattle wanted rid, lot of cap space to eat up for a guy who tends to light 4-5 games a year then disappears the rest of the time. Without considering all the locker room issues.

But the Jets need playmakers on that offence so of all the teams who traded for him they probably made the most sense.

Pete Prisco has a good article posted on CBS sports about his on field numbers...check it out.

Owning up to their mistake is one of the things all of us should admire about the Seahawks front office.

I picked him as my bust this year, but I did not imagine an exile like this.

• Like 1

I've always wondered the love affair, both in fantasy and regular football, with players like Harvin. They are bit parts, not offensive machines; a potential flea-flicker type play, not a WR threat over the middle. Sure, they are all athletic freaks of some nature, but never substantively constant; you just can't get away with with the plays that make them dangerous week in and week out. CPatt is the same way

• Like 1

Some Seattle WR is going to be of value; it's the whole opportunity equals relevance thing that we've seen in FF so many times. Tate was flex worthy last year. He's gone along with Harvin. Rice retired and Zach Miller is out for an extended period of time. Some WR on the team is going to be putting up double digit PPR performances almost every week.

Right. I'm guessing that would be Baldwin, but I wouldn't want him as anything more than my WR3, more than likely (depending on league size, obviously). All I'm saying is that it's funny how people have these knee-jerk reactions. A RB (on a team that isn't running the ball) goes down, and everybody rushes to grab his backup. Same thing here... I get the impression (with that many add's) that a lot of people are rushing to grab "the next Percy Harvin." As in, the next man up will fill that role, and exhibit the type of production that Harvin potentially had. In reality, there is no "next Percy Harvin" (not immediately anyway), but rather I would imagine that things go back to how they were prior to Harvin. In other words, no true #1 WR, but a collaborative effort from 3-4 guys every week.

In 2012, Rice led the Hawks with 50 catches for 748 yards and 7 scores. Tate had 48/688/7. Miller was 3rd with 38/396/3. Last year, Tate led the team with 64/898/5, and Baldwin had 50/778/5. Harvin really didn't play until the playoffs. Based on those numbers (and what Baldwin has done so far this year), I would expect him to lead the team with 55-65 catches, 700 yards or so, and a half-dozen scores. Right now, he's at 16/187/0 (through 5 games), so that means he would need to average 4-5 catches, 50-ish yards, and a score every other week (which sounds about right) the rest of the way. Low-end WR3, in my opinion.

Granted, Wilson keeps getting better, so maybe I'm underestimating what their top WR will do... I don't know. But, for a team that runs the ball like SEA does, and has a QB who can run like Wilson can, I don't think they need to throw any more than they have the past couple of years. Unless, of course, they struggle a bit, and find themselves playing from behind more than last year.