[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible Collusion between BF and GF

robert terni

Need your guys opinion....A trade went down between 2 teams who are boyfriend and girlfriend....He (who is 6-0) traded Joque Bell for Phillip Rivers snd this happened before he Bell got 17 pts...He already has Andrew Luck and she has Peyton Manning...

And here is where it gets weird...I was shopping for a QB few days prior and inquired about Rivers via text..She said she would ONLY trade him for Jordy Nelson (who is my #1 WR) and i said no...I offered her Fred Jackson or Vincent Jackson and Kaepernick and she replies "Rivers is a top 3 QB I want a lot for him" then she says "i'm actually considering trading Manning and keeping rivers" so I tell her that's fine ill pass...Then few days later she trades Rivers for bell???? A guy who just came off a concussion and was questionable all week...This move is a head scratcher and I believe something is fishy..How would you guys respond to this?? And the hondaty part is this guy is the commissioner! He is now shopping Rivers for a top WR since his #2 Wr spot is weak....He has some teams furious but there's really nothing we can do since hes the commissioner....

Leave at the end of the season and don't look back. I've threatened this twice when i felt trades where off and both times i emailed the commish to let them now i would finish the year, but will not put up with trades like this. One made me a co-comish and i worked with him and stayed with them. the other league i left at end of season. This year in one of my two redrafts the commish sent me a very one sided offer after the first week, and i was very forward that if trades like that started happening i would be done at the end of year. He quickly revoked the offer and nothing grossly one sided has taken place

ya i told the league I was finished after this year...He's trying to justify the trade but there's no justification....He pretty much has a deal in place to trade Rivers for Cobb...But I'm to the point where I don't even care cause I am leaving the league

Edited by robert terni

I usually go nuclear when that happens. I drop every player on my roster except the 1-3 undroppable ones and create total anarchy in the league.

I completely agree with this tactic unless my team is a powerhouse that year. In fact, I recommend this plan of action for all leagues at any point in the season if it's clear you're not going to make the playoffs. It leaves a nice impression.

• Like 1

Hate stories like this. Commissioners who feel it more important to win at all costs than to maintain fair and fun competition f***k up this hobby for others who are just trying to enjoy the game. There's a special place in hell for those guys.

• Like 4

Hate stories like this. Commissioners who feel it more important to win at all costs than to maintain fair and fun competition f***k up this hobby for others who are just trying to enjoy the game. There's a special place in hell for those guys.

Makes you appreciate good leagues run by good commissioner.s

Okay, I'll take the bait here. Why is it weak?

Collusion is cheating. If I'm not going to win, I invoke a scorched earth policy. Much like the Joker from Dark Knight, I want to watch everything burn.

Well if I were in that league too, I would cuss out the commish, but I would punch you in the throat.

Life's too short to really spend energy on the kind of misters who care so much about winning that they will do anything. There are lot of good, competitive leagues without that problem, so I always just find a different league when I catch a whiff of anything shady.

Edit: Deleting comment because of violent content.

I agree with you that the commish is 100% wrong, but nuking the league is worse.

Sorry I came off as directing violence towards you. Just applying a scale of how I'd react as a third owner in the league if all that honda went down.

Best thing the OP can do is try to rally the rest of the league to his side by making the facts known.

Okay, I'll take the bait here. Why is it weak?

Collusion is cheating. If I'm not going to win, I invoke a scorched earth policy. Much like the Joker from Dark Knight, I want to watch everything burn.

Because acting like a 14 year old to get back at the guy acting like a 14 year old is weak.

As a commish, I actually make it a point to not invite significant others of players to join the same league when money is involved. As a player I will never join a league where a couple owns two teams. Always something sketchy that makes me question if there is collusion or someone running two teams or so forth.