[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I veto this trade?

flemingd

Team A is the defending league champion and 3-2 just one game back from division leader 5-1 (this league has byes). Ok QB, stud RB (Lynch), but weak at WR and a DEF that isn't doing as well as last year.

Team B is horrible, they have crap at QB, pretty ok RB WR is weak too and the TE and DEF don't do much. They are 1-6 so season is pretty much done.

Anyway, Team A trades Harvin to them for a conditional mid round pick? WTF???? How is this a fair trade? This is a keeper league so Harvin will be good for a long time, but a mid round pick for him doesn't seem like nearly enough. I don't know what to do, please hepl.

• Like 2

Let it stand team b is taking advantage of harvin uncertainty how many years left on his contract, is team a trying tk clear salary space, years space, have you asked team a why they did it? Could be more of an issue if the trade was the other way around, but as no one is stocking up for a run, id leave it be

Team A is the defending league champion and 3-2 just one game back from division leader 5-1 (this league has byes). Ok QB, stud RB (Lynch), but weak at WR and a DEF that isn't doing as well as last year.

Team B is horrible, they have crap at QB, pretty ok RB WR is weak too and the TE and DEF don't do much. They are 1-6 so season is pretty much done.

Anyway, Team A trades Harvin to them for a conditional mid round pick? WTF???? How is this a fair trade? This is a keeper league so Harvin will be good for a long time, but a mid round pick for him doesn't seem like nearly enough. I don't know what to do, please hepl.

So a good team trades a questionable WR to a bad team for next year draft considerations, and you want to get involved? Why?

Sounds like a perfect trade - a poor team hoping to get lucky with a pickup, and a good team hopes the bad team's pick turns into a keeper. This is the way trades are usually done in Keeper/Dynasty Leagues. Leave em alone.

• Like 1

Maybe the 1-6 team believes that their young QB can play and they feel guilty for setting him up to fail by giving him one NFL caliber WR and a bunch of practice squad types to throw to.

If 1-6 teams aren't allowed to make high variance trades, how the hell can they ever climb back into the race??

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

Harvin has been cr@ptacular this year and is OFT-injured. Team A is salvaging him for a decent pick. Team B finally has a shred of talent that is underperforming (as usual). Why are you getting involved in this again?

• Like 1

Veto's should be removed and replaced with.......Votes? They are almost spelled the same? :thinking:

Absolutely not, I'd rather have the commish hold veto power than allow league votes on trades. You have one or maybe two people trusted by the league that act with impartiality (hopefully) towards others and have the best interests of the league. Instead of every owner out for themselves, vetoing because they don't want teams improving or just out of spite.

Now to the OP's question, I'm a bit shocked it was asked, I thought flemingd understood FF better, this trade is not that unbalanced, I think he has Harvin overvalued. If team A is weak at WR and trading Harvin for a pick he must think that improves his team. I've seen similar trades in our keeper league and have always approved them.

Absolutely not, I'd rather have the commish hold veto power than allow league votes on trades. You have one or maybe two people trusted by the league that act with impartiality (hopefully) towards others and have the best interests of the league. Instead of every owner out for themselves, vetoing because they don't want teams improving or just out of spite.

Now to the OP's question, I'm a bit shocked it was asked, I thought flemingd understood FF better, this trade is not that unbalanced, I think he has Harvin overvalued. If team A is weak at WR and trading Harvin for a pick he must think that improves his team. I've seen similar trades in our keeper league and have always approved them.

It went right over his head....

You should step down as commish right away!