[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charles Sims

Scorcher

In this fantasy day and age where any RB that suits up is a possible fantasy team saviour, how does Charles Sims stack up? I faintly remember him being touted pre season. He is close to being back from injury. Is he a player to grab now before to avoid a WW frenzy? A few have indicated that he could be a good infusion for the Buc's backfield once he returns.

I cannot imagine the presence of Sims is going to do anything but make a bad committee situation even worse. Martin and Rainey already only get about 18-20 carries and a pass or two to share every week. Let Sims take another bite out of that and it is even worse. Martin is already a pretty poor start.

Tampa's 1-5. By the time Sims is up to speed they'll likely be 1-8. Martin is looking more and more like a bust and Rainey is just a guy. They know what they have commodity-wise in Martin/Rainey. They're going to want to see what they have in Sims. As a terrific pass-catcher on a crappy team that's going to be throwing a lot, why not add the guy? TB's got one of the more favorable schedules vs. the run, too. I'm a buyer, both dynasty-wise and in PPR redrafts.

Tampa's 1-5. By the time Sims is up to speed they'll likely be 1-8. Martin is looking more and more like a bust and Rainey is just a guy. They know what they have commodity-wise in Martin/Rainey. They're going to want to see what they have in Sims. As a terrific pass-catcher on a crappy team that's going to be throwing a lot, why not add the guy? TB's got one of the more favorable schedules vs. the run, too. I'm a buyer, both dynasty-wise and in PPR redrafts.

Do you see him having value in non ppr? Rb's even those that are barely above average are at a premium in all formats.

Do you see him having value in non ppr? Rb's even those that are barely above average are at a premium in all formats.

Sure, he'll have value in standard formats. But I would surmise his production could kind of be all over the place. He will probably not score much and his weekly yardage could be somewhere between 50-80ish yards. But he could mix in 3-4 catches a game which would make him attractive in PPR formats.

I need RB's so bad, I'm hoping his still available after this week?

I've been doing a lot of that this season (and others), and missing on plenty of guys (Forsett, Oliver, Robinson, etc). I'm going to start jumping on guys sooner and making the move BEFORE they break out and then I need a top waiver spot (though my spot has improved after losing 3 straight).

Not sure I'm ready yet on Sims, need to do some more research and think about who I'd drop.

I've been doing a lot of that this season (and others), and missing on plenty of guys (Forsett, Oliver, Robinson, etc). I'm going to start jumping on guys sooner and making the move BEFORE they break out and then I need a top waiver spot (though my spot has improved after losing 3 straight).

Not sure I'm ready yet on Sims, need to do some more research and think about who I'd drop.

The guy in one of my leagues that grabbed Oliver the week before he broke out has already grabbed Sims. If there is a shred of hope people grab them early.

Sims back at practice today, due back next week against Browns.

Eligible to return after the Browns game. Not sure about Sims, but he is worth keeping an eye on. He does have some great matchups, only game 14 v. Detroit is a tough one.

Eligible to return after the Browns game. Not sure about Sims, but he is worth keeping an eye on. He does have some great matchups, only game 14 v. Detroit is a tough one.

That's the beauty of PPR and RBs that have additional value in that format. Sure, DET is tough against the run and will likely bring a ton of heat from the edges, but that only means that a pass-catching back like Sims will be even more valuable in a matchup like that.

I pretty much ignore RB SOS if I've properly followed my plan of action to grab mid-level "PPR value" backs in the draft and free agentcy.

Curious where you get AFTER the Browns game. Other sources I've looked at (CBS) say eligible to return week 9 at Cleveland.

I tried finding more on his status at NFL.com, but the one page I found won't load right.

I did read that when he was first put on IR (first week of Sept) they were saying 12-14 weeks, so being back week 9 or even 10 would be earlier than expected. But the key is when is he eligible, because before that he cannot return.

I know, its only 1 week, just trying to make sure I have accurate info when I make a decision.

Yeah he's eigible to return Week 9, and he is already practicing this week. I picked up Sims a couple of weeks ago in my keeper league, and have had him on my dynasty team. Lovie has been noncommital concerning Rainey & Martin, and Lovie spent a 3rd rounder himself on Sims, you can bet the farm he'll give him playing time

If Rainey keeps losing the ball he won't be much of a factor, so that should be considered as well.

I just picked up Sims after trading away Ben Tate, so he's at least worth a stash as my RB4 for now.

True but Rainey might have more value in PPR leagues.