[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charles Sims

Scorcher

This was a good break down of Sims ability and his weaknesses. http://mattwaldmanrs...-sims-the-film/ He makes good cuts, can read his blocks well, finds the hole, and if you've ever seen video of him you know he cuts hard and takes off like a bullet once he sees a little grass infront of him. He is also very effective in the open field on pass plays. His biggest issue is his pad height due to his size. Some times he tried to do a little too much and forgets to get his pads down when he isn't concentrating on it. I think he has potential to perform well in this league, I hope it happens quickly as I want to pick him up but I am torn between him and Rainey this week because my team is floundering and in desperate need of a RB

Edited by Croe

I needed a backup D more than a RB prospect for future weeks so I went that direction with my WW pick, sure enough somebody else grabbed Sims. Hope this doesn't turn into Adrian Foster (back when Steve Slaton was the starter in HOU I didn't have Foster at the end of the season, then come next season Slaton is garbage and Foster was a coveted player.)

Good luck to the guys that grabbed him.

I needed a backup D more than a RB prospect for future weeks so I went that direction with my WW pick, sure enough somebody else grabbed Sims. Hope this doesn't turn into Adrian Foster (back when Steve Slaton was the starter in HOU I didn't have Foster at the end of the season, then come next season Slaton is garbage and Foster was a coveted player.)

Good luck to the guys that grabbed him.

Amazing how much we forget vs. how much we remember sometimes... Slaton was going to be Terrell Davis v2.0, wasn't he? Or better, as a pass catcher?

If Rainey keeps losing the ball he won't be much of a factor, so that should be considered as well.

I just picked up Sims after trading away Ben Tate, so he's at least worth a stash as my RB4 for now.

True but Rainey hasn't lost a fumble since week 3...

True but Rainey hasn't lost a fumble since week 3...

Really, has it been that long ago???

Seemed like only yesterday...... :lol:

ETA:

I know what I did, I confused him with Crowell from Cleveland who lost a couple fumbles more recently. :doh:

Edited by SeductiveNun

Amazing how much we forget vs. how much we remember sometimes... Slaton was going to be Terrell Davis v2.0, wasn't he? Or better, as a pass catcher?

All I remember is I thought I had a solid RB and a good keeper for the next season. Then come August the following year Slaton was garbage. I even had Foster at one as a backup, but dropped him at some point.

Really, has it been that long ago???

Seemed like only yesterday...... :lol:

ETA:

I know what I did, I confused him with Crowell from Cleveland who lost a couple fumbles more recently. :doh:

The only reason I know is I was saying the same thing and then I was like you know what? ....:looks: ...oh wow last time he fumbled was at Atlanta and he did it twice...

This was a good break down of Sims ability and his weaknesses. http://mattwaldmanrs...-sims-the-film/ He makes good cuts, can read his blocks well, finds the hole, and if you've ever seen video of him you know he cuts hard and takes off like a bullet once he sees a little grass infront of him. He is also very effective in the open field on pass plays. His biggest issue is his pad height due to his size. Some times he tried to do a little too much and forgets to get his pads down when he isn't concentrating on it. I think he has potential to perform well in this league, I hope it happens quickly as I want to pick him up but I am torn between him and Rainey this week because my team is floundering and in desperate need of a RB

this guy really thinks Murray and McFadden are comparable? I've watched both of them play a lot and have never thought they were similar players

Dropped Bryce Brown for Sims. It's a rookie keeper and I would get him in the 7th round next year. Unfortunately my RB depth is so bad I'm probably rolling with him in my RB 2 slot this week :( Mathews sure is taking his sweet time getting back.

this guy really thinks Murray and McFadden are comparable? I've watched both of them play a lot and have never thought they were similar players

I think he meant they are very similar sizes, run in similar schemes, and know how to lower their shoulders. And they are very involved in the passing game. Sims is a similar size, is a decent pass blocker, and can be deadly in the passing game. And if you read the whole article you will see that he was stating that Sims is a blend of both McFadden and Murray, implying that DMC and Murray are in fact different from each other: "When I watch Sims, I see a blend of both players. All three players are versatile, three-down options with big-play ability."

Edited by Croe

DMD, what do you think? I know you were not very high on Simms just a week ago or so.

From the Upon Further Review column today:

Charles Sims certain evokes rampant optimism in the fantasy world at least for some. And anytime a new running back shows upon the waiver wire it is like throwing a chicken into the alligator pit. There are plenty of instances where a back shows up at mid-season for whatever reason and then succeeds wildly down the stretch. Would I add him to my team if I had the space? Sure! I have limited expectations about what Sims will become but just in case he beats the odds and can shine, I want him on my roster (or at least not on anyone else's roster). But the thing is that Sims is no lock to play this week and even when he does, his role would be small to begin. He's been out for about three months and not been playing. Not even in the preseason. He was a third round pick out of West Virginia and does have prototypical size (6-0/214). And he was selected by the current coaching regime which counts big. But he goes to an offense that has a terrible offensive line. Aside from the one freakish game that Bobby Rainey had against the Rams, there has been nothing going on in the backfield of the Buccaneers. Doug Martin was a stud two years ago - is it that he just lost a step at the age of 25? His season-ending injury in 2013 was a shoulder issue - not a blown out knee. I am all for the unknown rookie backs being on my roster to see what happens but I have limited expectations in this case. He's just a rookie who missed three critical months on a very bad team.

He hasn't played a lick of football, including missing the preseason, so he'll likely be eased in. He's worth a stash if you have room (I added him in 2 leagues). He's eventually going to be the passing down back on a bad team who should throw a lot. There's plenty of upside.

Let's try and put some value around Sims - Is the gamble on SIMS big enough to say drop Monte Ball and pick up Sims? DMD, would love your thoughts on that.

I did this exact thing when I was beaten to Hillman on the wire. I would have held Ball had I gotten Hillman. And this is a keeper league. I just figured Sims had a better chance of being relevant in a PPR league long term than Ball given Hillman and Juwan's emergence.