[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does an injury constitute a player being a BUST?

IrishPride

This is my way of eating crow for the Ball comment. But if Dree Brees or Peyton Manning were inured would they be consided bust? I know their two future Hall of Famers and bad examples but you get the idea? Can injuries of a talented player make them a BUST or someone that doesnt meet our fantasy expectations?

Edited by IrishPride

In my opinion, if I used a high round draft pick on someone and they are not producing whether it be due to poor performance or injury, I would consider them a bust as far as fantasy is concerned.

Using your example, if i drafted Peyton Manning, and he got injured in week 2 and was out the rest of the season, I would consider that a bust. If it were a keeper league, maybe not so much..

Unfortunately Ball was playing like a bust before the injury.

I drafted Calvin Johnson in the 1st round, he's been injured most of the season. I do not consider him a bust because when he gets healthy he will be play like a 1st round pick. There is no way to say that about Ball. Injury or not, Ball has been a bust. He's not the first, and he won't be the last, especially at RB which generally features a few busts each and every season when considering where they were drafted.

Injuries play a part of it - to an extent. Do I consider Megatron this season a bust? Not really - cause when he's healthy, he's worthy of that first round spot someone drafted him in. Do I consider Jimmy Graham a bust this year again considering someone spent a first round pick on him? No

But then look at someone like Doug Martin last year. He was a top 5 pick in most drafts. Sure he ultimately got hurt, but before he did he sucked! M Ball this season - sure, he's hurt now, but before he got hurt, he was still worthless. THOSE are busts in my opinion. Trent Richardson of last year - he was a top 7 pick in most drafts, was healthy all season long but was the ultimate bust. He just lacks talent - can't run north and south unless you can drive a truck through the hole. If he doesn't have one, he's tackled in the backfield. That's a bust..

• Like 2

^ Agree, Ball is a bust for sure. Looked horrible in his time on the field. I would also consider a guy like Cordarelle Patterson a bust, had tons of owners reaching for him in drafts because of all of the hype around him. Hasn't even managed to top six touches in a game this year... BUST

• Like 1