[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall calls out Jay Cutler

Wolverines Fan

In regards to the cortisone shot, it does not matter which type of diabetes you have it is a danger to take one and even more so for Type 1. Doctors will sometimes use it, but need to instruct their patients of the dangers. A doctor would never give a shot to someone in Cutler's situation during that game as it literally puts his life in danger.

As an aside, this is pretty much categorically untrue.

Let's stick to the football - Cutler's performance this year has been markedly suboptimal. Not sure the coaches are helping him much by putting him in situations where he does stupid things but when you have NO defense it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that your QB is going to have to take more risks.

I have no love for Cutler but this is indicative of a failure at much higher levels of the chain of command. You have an offensive guru without a defense and the offense isn't very good. Nice plan.

Serious question, how did you feel about Philip Rivers a few years ago?

I have always been a fan of Phillip Rivers. I can't say that for all Chargers fan though. Our main complaint a few years ago was with Norv Turner and AJ Smith. Everyone in San Diego wanted them out. Besides, prior to Rivers having non-elite seasons, he did have elite seasons unlike Cutler. Rivers is a leader as well, which goes back to the first replies of this post.

I was really on the fence about how much I liked Cutler through last year. I always liked him being from Denver and hated how he handled being pushed out. In a way, he forced Shanahan out before he was forced out. That's what brought his attitude to the surface. What tipped me towards finally disliking him as a QB last year was when I looked at the last 15 Super Bowl winning QBs..... Cutler can't compare to the majority of them on the field and none of them off the field. Not even close. Judging by his attitude as a person, the guy is a subpar person playing as a slightly above average athlete. If he was a regular guy working as an analyst in an investment firm, would he be the next big leader of the company or the guy who tries to hit on all the girls at the office and crack stupid jokes that his coworkers hate? The latter...

Don't get caught up with stats too much with people in leadership roles. The eye test is a great indicator for people in his position.

I want the guy to do well. I love the Bears. I want him to lead them to great things.

I'm done defending him.

I do want Tucker gone....I do want Garza gone...I do want Shea gone. Allen & Houston - wasting money this year, and no future on this team.

This team is headed for 6-10, maybe 7-9. Cutler should do better with his weapons.

Stethant:

Do you have some personal knowledge of someone playing football with Type 1 diabetes getting a cortisone shot during a game? I played football for a long time and played with someone who had such a condition and the training staff would never give him something like that. They flat out said it.

Now I've been out of football for sometime now, so maybe something has changed with how they would handle a situation like this. I'd love to hear any insight you might have. Thanks!

Edited by sausagekingchi