[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall calls out Jay Cutler

Wolverines Fan

Per rotoworld, from ESPN:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3653/brandon-marshall

A source tells ESPN that Brandon Marshall called out Jay Cutler following Sunday's loss to the Dolphins.

The Bears have lost three of their last four games and frustration is boiling over. Yelling could be heard from outside the locker room after the loss.

The source told ESPN "there are some very selfish individuals in the locker room." Note that Marshall finished with 6-48-0 on 10 targets, but was barely involved at all in the first half.

Former Bromance partner Cutler had his worst game of the season, throwing for just 190 yards with one touchodwn and one interception.

Bears are not a good team. They can beat bad teams but their defense is horrid and lost their only possible game changer.

Fire Mel Tucker immediately. Prepare a new scheme for next year and get the draft right.

Demote Garza immediately. Cut McClellin.

And I am done defending Cutler. Horrible leader.

• Like 1

Poor decision not to vett Cutler. Bears will go nowhere with him...they've given him receivers, given him a run game, given him an offensive line, given him an offensive minded coach bringing in the QB whisperer....blameless Jay now can now finally take the blame. The guy stinks.

But in typical Bears fashion (mainly a Lovie Smith idea), they'll find a way to scrape out enough wins to get a mediocre draft pick while missing the playoffs....

Edited by kwolf68
  • Like 1

Meh, I see a lot of frustration from just flat out getting outplayed today. The Bear offense has looked above average most of the year. Every team has a clunker here and there. Give Miami some credit for playing well.

Yeah, okay, but the trend continues with Cutler. Always something that keeps them from getting it right, and it's not like the weapons aren't there, this year more than any other.

I realize that Cutler played poorly today and certainly makes the occasional boneheaded decision/throw. But he is in the midst of a career year statistically.

Cutler's 2014 currently sports a completion percentage over 6% higher than his career average, his passer rating is over 94, almost 10 points higher than his career rating, and his 266+ ypg is over 30 more ypg above his career average. He also currently sports a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, something he has never accomplished in his career.

I'm not much of a Cutler fan, to be honest (as a Broncos fan, I wasn't upset when he left), but this version of Jay Cutler is an improvement over previous years. He's going to set career highs in TDs this year and passer rating, assuming he avoid injury (not a safe assumption). So yeah, he's frustrating, enigmatic, etc. but you could do a lot worse in the NFL right now.

I think the comment about him being a poor leader is spot on though. Statistics don't tell the whole story, plus I omitted an important statistic: The Bears are 3-4.

He also currently sports a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, something he has never accomplished in his career.

That shouldn't be a one-time accomplishment for a guy who has started 100+ games. He has also fumbled it 8 times this year with 3 of them lost. He's in the midst of his career statistically?

He's a 10 year veteran QB who makes a few more TDs for every time he turns it over.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Cutler is exactly what you see. Not a true leader. Has great ability. Makes poor decisions.

Marshall is a ticking time bomb. He is about to implode on his own team. He needs to step his game up as well as some others. He has way too much experience and natural talent to be regularly running the bad routes.

The modern day Jeff George?

Wouldn't say that bad. George was always angry at everyone because it wasn't his fault (though most times it was). Jay is just very nonchalant about it all. Listening to him talk in the after game interviews really make it sound like its just a job to him, not a career or a passion.

• Like 1

I'm not here to stick up for Cutler, but this "he's not a leader" talk is completely unfounded. What exactly do you base this on? Is it simply the influence the media has had on the public? The funny faces he makes? The falsehood that he isn't tough?

According to ex-teammates Cutler has become a leader the last few years. He's more vocal in the locker room and expects his teammates to give everything they have on the practice field. He was the one who called the team meeting after practice leading up to the Falcon's game. After that the team seemed to gel and have a focused approach heading into that week. That was easily their best overall performance of the year. Patrick Mannelly has said Cutler was/is a team leader and whenever he speaks everyone in the locker room shuts up and listens.

Again, not here to defend how he played. He was bad yesterday, but the entire team was bad. Trestman does not seem to be head coaching material. How can you only have two rushing attempts in the first half when you have Forte? The offense looked so much better once they started mixing things up to start the second half.

A good leader requires many attributes. One of the most important attributes is to lead by example. Jay Cutler is just a mediocre QB with mediocre skills. Therefore, he will never be a good leader or good QB. Didn't we all know this 6 years ago in Denver? I don't know how he has been a QB for so long..

• Like 1

A good leader requires many attributes. One of the most important attributes is to lead by example. Jay Cutler is just a mediocre QB with mediocre skills. Therefore, he will never be a good leader or good QB. Didn't we all know this 6 years ago in Denver? I don't know how he has been a QB for so long..

There's 32 NFL teams they cannot all have elite, excellent or even very good QBs. That is how he has been a QB for so long.

• Like 3

At any given time their are maybe only 3-5 "elite" QB's in the league. You do not need an elite QB to win in the NFL, but in today's game I believe you do need one who is better than most. I still think Cutler is in that second category.

Good catch Football Follies. That is exactly what was happening. Finnegan was just being himself and playing dirty and Marshall shoved him.

• Like 1

I feel for Marshall, he generally manages to keep quiet more than a lot of other star receivers despite his borderline personality disorder. I also think it shows that he cares by blowing up after a game like that. Cutler on the other hand has been coddled a ridiculous amount by Chicago and still can't seem to be effective on anything other than his dump-offs to Forte. Does Chicago need to start thinking about drafting his eventual successor?

I feel for Marshall, he generally manages to keep quiet more than a lot of other star receivers despite his borderline personality disorder. I also think it shows that he cares by blowing up after a game like that. Cutler on the other hand has been coddled a ridiculous amount by Chicago and still can't seem to be effective on anything other than his dump-offs to Forte. Does Chicago need to start thinking about drafting his eventual successor?

When I read statements like the bolded I wonder if people even watch the games. That week both Marshall and Jeffery were questionable, he seemed to be connected pretty well with Marshall, and those were not dump offs.