[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good luck tonight Peyton!

CaptainHook

I always thought I'd see you break the all time record in a Colts uniform and I'd probably get to see it in person. Never in a million years did I think I'd have to watch it on TV and you'd be wearing a Broncos jersey. :brew:

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 2

I think this is a record that is going to stand for a very long time to come! Even Dungy said in the post game that he really thinks Peyton has a chance to break 600 if he plays a couple more years. In terms of catching Peyton, there are only two active players that have any REMOTE chance of catching Peyton at this point. Brees has 374, and Brady has 372.

Brady started two years after Peyton, and Brees started 3 years. I don't think Brady has a chance of coming close to this record as he's never thrown more than 40 TD's since he threw 50 back in 2007. And for Brees to catch him, he would need match or exceed Peyton TD for TD while they are both active players. Then, for 3 years after Peyton retires, Brees would need to average over 45 TD's a season to catch Peyton, and I don't see that happening since Brees has only thrown more than 45 TD's once in his career (2011).

Congrats to Peyton!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Congrats to Peyton!

Here's something I tweeted after he broke the record: John Elway (300) and Kurt Warner (208) have one fewer combined passing TDs than Manning does.

Steve Young and Joe Montana combined don't have 510 passing TDs

Edited by Shorttynaz

They only have a combined 7 SB rings and 4 SB MVPs.

I was just stating a fact - I know not everyone likes Manning - but I didn't know this topic was about how many rings and SB MVP's players have.. Maybe we can start another thread..?? :shrug:

I think this is a record that is going to stand for a very long time to come! Even Dungy said in the post game that he really thinks Peyton has a chance to break 600 if he plays a couple more years. In terms of catching Peyton, there are only two active players that have any REMOTE chance of catching Peyton at this point. Brees has 374, and Brady has 372.

Brady started two years after Peyton, and Brees started 3 years. I don't think Brady has a chance of coming close to this record as he's never thrown more than 40 TD's since he threw 50 back in 2007. And for Brees to catch him, he would need match or exceed Peyton TD for TD while they are both active players. Then, for 3 years after Peyton retires, Brees would need to average over 45 TD's a season to catch Peyton, and I don't see that happening since Brees has only thrown more than 45 TD's once in his career (2011).

Congrats to Peyton!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I think that Stafford (26) has the same number of TDs that Manning had at 26 so he'd have a shot. As it stands today if I were going to put money on a QB to break the record it'd be Luck.

I think that Stafford (26) has the same number of TDs that Manning had at 26 so he'd have a shot. As it stands today if I were going to put money on a QB to break the record it'd be Luck.

Stafford (IMO) will never stay healthy enough or have a good enough team around him to hit that mark. It suppose it could happen, but I'm taking the under..
  • Like 1