[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bryce Brown vs Anthony Dixon

Suture

Everyone has been talking about how much better Brown is than Dixon. The potential is certainly there; I agree. I was impressed watching him backup McCoy when he was an Eagle. While I didn't pay attention during training camp and preseason, I read quite a few positive things from him, accolades from the coaches, etc.

Aide from Dixon's abilities as a GLB, I'm trying to figure out why else would Brown be deactivated over Dixon all season up until this point -- or is that just it? Just trying to justify putting in a WW claim for him instead of Dixon, as I need a RB.

Not sure, but Dixon has never impressed me. Sure, he's big. But, I wouldn't say he really does anything well. He gets the "goalline back" label because of his size (not because he's proven to be able to do well in short yardage, necessarily).

My guess is pass-protection? Or maybe there's another reason (Brown might have a similar skillset to Jackson, and they preferred to keep a variety of backs active, one being the slow fat guy).

• Like 1

That's as good of a guess as any (better than mine, actually). I was mostly joking, but Dixon did look awfully slow yesterday.

Regardless, I'm sure we'll see them both this week (with Jackson/Spiller both out). But, I think Brown has more upside, most likely.

Everyone has been talking about how much better Brown is than Dixon. The potential is certainly there; I agree. I was impressed watching him backup McCoy when he was an Eagle. While I didn't pay attention during training camp and preseason, I read quite a few positive things from him, accolades from the coaches, etc.

Aide from Dixon's abilities as a GLB, I'm trying to figure out why else would Brown be deactivated over Dixon all season up until this point -- or is that just it? Just trying to justify putting in a WW claim for him instead of Dixon, as I need a RB.

As has been said, he's been inactive due to not playing on special teams. imo, he's the RB to own in Buffalo.

My first thought when I heard the Bills injury news was taht Brown would be the guy to scoop. Dixon has been a career backup/special teams player for a reason, he's not that great of a running back. Brown is much more talented and I am a believer taht talent wins out in this league.

Brown will become the guy, and when F-Jax comes back he will revert to his old role. No Bills RB is gonna be star, but they seem to do OK. I just traded F.jackson with two other players to the guy who had picked up Brown for Marshawn Lynch (and Turbin).

Will Dixon remain on special teams? Or will he be thrust into the starting role and Brown moved to ST? Does Dixon even play on ST? I don't think he does... Brown would be the ST player, but thats just my opinion

Dixon has played in 138 (19.7/game) special teams snaps this year. Considering he'll be one of the top 2 RBs I expect to see those snaps come way down (last week he played in just 11, the fewest this season) but the one thing that won't happen is that Brown is going to be used on STs over Dixon.

However, I am curious as to why you think Brown will play on STs now.

Edited by keggerz

No idea why all of the special teams discussion keeps going on, Brown does not play special teams and that's why he has been inactive. Now that the RB's both got hurt, he will be activated to play RB, not to play special teams. If Dixon has played special teams all season, he will keep doing so.

• Like 2

I am going for Brown but have little hope. Even though the Jets have a strong run D, in the past Brown has been able to get his no matter who the defense. His biggest issue before was ball protection. His bye coming in week 9 doesn't help as that is a big bye week for several key players.