[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early London game next week

stevegrab

Next week kicks off with a 9:30AM Eastern game in London (Falcons-Lions). I'm wondering does anybody know how the fantasy sites will treat this game? Will it count as the official first game of Sunday, and lock rosters at that time (if your league has that)? Or would it be more like a Thursday or Saturday game, and only players in those games would be locked.

Our league allows add/drop up to 5 minutes before kickoff (players who already played cannot be included). I'm just wondering if that will be changing this week or not. I will try to check with CBS too, but they're not always helpful answering questions.

The website states this, Add/Drop Deadline Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday. Players whose teams play before Sunday will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.

if I interpret that literally then rosters will lock at 9:25AM Eastern time this Sunday.

Players lock at the start of their games in all my leagues. The way it should be in all leagues.

• Like 2

Irish,

So going into the MNF you could drop a PIT/HOU player for another PIT/HOU player? Our rosters have always locked just before kickoff of the first Sunday game, which had always been at 1PM Eastern).

To be clear I'm talking about my team roster, not my line-up. My line-up can always be modified up to kickoff of the players involved (if I had two players in tonights game at the same position I could change my line-up up to game time.).

You can't do any add/drops but you can make lineup changes as long as you have other options. Final add/drops are allowed up until Sunday at 1.

You can't do any add/drops but you can make lineup changes as long as you have other options. Final add/drops are allowed up until Sunday at 1.

That is basically the same for us, except it is directly tied to a setting on CBS site and that states "5 minutes before the first Sunday game" which is generally 1PM Eastern. So I was trying to determine if the early game this coming week changes that.

The NFL needs to end this tomfoolery. NFL football will never be anything more than a curiosity outside of the US. The logistics of travel and broadcast times for overseas games don't make sense. Enough already. Just stop these silly London/Mexico City/where ever games. The NFL will never be global. Learn to be content with your 10 billion dollar business and quit being such greedy bastards.

• Like 5

Football is as great as it always has been. Maybe better. There are a few too many penalties being called this year, but players will adjust and penalties will regress to the mean. Aging people always think everything was perfect when they were young and that everything is going to crap. Music is better than ever, but don't ask a 50 year old, they will tell you it's been all downhill since Led Zeppelin disbanded. Football is fine. And kids who are 10 years old now are going to say football is going to crap when they are 40 or 50. This is the natural course of things.

Beautifully said, Michael.

The NFL needs to end this tomfoolery. NFL football will never be anything more than a curiosity outside of the US. The logistics of travel and broadcast times for overseas games don't make sense. Enough already. Just stop these silly London/Mexico City/where ever games. The NFL will never be global. Learn to be content with your 10 billion dollar business and quit being such greedy bastards.

There is a small core group of Football fans in the UK, like myself, who love the sport but I'm not convinced that long term it would work. Having been to the Phins game at Wembley earlier this year you do get the impression many fans go for the novelty value of it being new and trendy.

Honestly you should hear the propaganda we get from NFLUK. Apparently there are 2 million fans in the UK which is bewildering as the program showing the Sunday games only gets around 100,000 viewers and they certainly don't get 1.9 million fans buying Gamepass.

The early KO was inevitable for London because its far more convenient for UK fans due to public transport and it opens a new TV time slot for the NFL. If London gets a franchise, and I really hope that never happens, they will look to play their games at 9.30am ET to increase revenue again.

Football is too awesome not to go global. It is only a matter of time.

Americans have embraced youth soccer from coast to coast and our professional soccer is where Europeans go when there old or not good enough to play on club teams, With that being said, having spent a lot of time in Europe, the only youth american football leagues you find are generally on military installations. Germany at one point had had like 5 of the professional teams in the WFL? But without youth programs such as ours with soccer, American football will never succeed. To put in perspective, in Europe, Soccer is the king, Could cricket come to the USA and compete with baseball? So IMO American Football will never be able to share the market with European football.

Edited by IrishPride

Glad to have informed some about the early kickoff and have others chime in about hating the London games. (I do as well, and if I were still a season ticket holder and they tried to move one of my home games there I'd be furious. Moving a team there would be crazy.)

Anyway, so back to the roster changes deadline discussion.... I've sent the question off to CBS Sports help and will let you know what I find out.

And to those who think what we do is a bad rule, CBS only has 2 options for the Add/Drop deadline

- 5 minutes before first game of the week

- 5 minutes before first game on Sunday

Other than this strange early Sunday morning kickoff, the 5 minutes before first kickoff Sunday has always worked well for us. I'm just trying to determine if that early kickoff affects it, so we can remind the owners or be prepared for the fallout when somebody tries to make a late move Sunday.

michaelredd9

New music does suck, and there hasn't been much good since Led Zeppelin.

As I expected, the early game does mean our add/drop dealine is pushed up. Not sure what other sites are doing. We plan to let the owners know. (The line-up lock 5 minutes before each player's game is our normal policy.)

Question answered by CBS with the following response (received minutes after emailing the question)

"Because of the London game this coming Sunday, your leagues add/drop deadline will lock at 9:25am. Your Lineup deadline will lock 5 minutes before each players game. If there's any players in London on your leagues rosters, they will lock at 9:25am. "

Edited by stevegrab

I just saw this today on CBS site, which appears to contradict what I was initially told and what I expect to happen. The message went to every owner. Seems to say that add/drop will NOT lock at 9:25AM, that this early start only affects line-ups, just like a Thursday game. Will monitor that Sunday morning and try to post a followup.

Important Game Time Reminder Commissioners and Team Owners - This Sunday's Detroit - Atlanta game, being played in London, has a scheduled kickoff time of 9:30am ET. Please take this unique game time into consideration when setting your lineup in accordance with your league's official rules. For applicable leagues, add/drops for the remaining players will still lock at 12:55 PM ET. For more information, please visit your league's help center.

I'm trying to figure out how early I"m going to start drinking, 9:30AM to 11:30PM could be a brutal Sunday. Haven't tailgated in a number of year, we regularly drank by 9-10AM then, but I was usually toast after the game.

May need to do a big breakfast, then some coffee with whiskey.