[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denard Robinson

Chloroform Rx

Robinson is the highest risk/reward of any of this week's likely top pickups (Mason, Brown, Robinson, etc.) He could keep this job, or he could lose out to any of the other guys in the mix down there in Jax, and let's not forget that he was playing against the Browns horrible run defense. A lot of factors in play with Robinson but he could pay off. If you have the luxury of adding him and allowing him to prove himself for a couple more weeks before finding his way into your starting lineup, more power to you

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. That was a very flukey game with a lot of turnovers, Robinson is not a #1 back, and Jacksoville has plenty of running backs on the roster that they like. Robinson had a nice game against a bad Browns run D, but he absolutely will not repeat here against the Dolphins.

Somebody has to take the reigns down there...Right?

I'm thinking of putting in a claim for Denard as well, mostly a flier as I don't need him yet, but also because he's listed as a RB/WR in Yahoo. This would allow me the option to play 3RB in a 2RB/3WR league to fill a bye week hole down the road...

Not real high on anyone from Jacksonville though, but they did finally get in the winners circle with Denard toting the rock.

• Like 1

Everyone keeps commenting on how bad the Browns run D is, but how about how bad the Jag's O-Line is?

Arguably the worst o-line in the league, and Denard stood behind them and put up a very solid game. Every other team the Jags have played this year have been mid-to-poor against the run, and not one RB could muster up a productive game.

I'm buying, probably even ahead of Tre Mason.

By no means as I am saying he isn't worth picking up, both he and Mason are already on teams in my league or I'd be considering them (Denard was on a team a couple weeks ago, Mason was a FA pickup this week, I had also considered adding him.

Regardless of how bad the Jags OL is, the Browns are the worst in the league in allowing rushing yards. That played and them being worse with more injuries contributed to Denard's big game.

Looking at the other JAX opponents, their current rank in allowing rushing yards, 1=WORST (most yards)

PHI-11

WAS-21

IND-24

SD-20

PIT-17

TEN-12

CLE-1

I'd call those mid to top third run defenses, certainly many that are much better than the Browns (purely based on rushing yards allowed according to NFL.com today).

His big game just allowed me to package him for Marshawn Lynch (also traded Lamar Miller and Fred Jackson-owner has B.Brown).

Robinson will be spotty at best. For teams legitimately trying to win a fantasy league championship this player won't get your there. Perhaps a spot start or two is it.

Robinson plays some teams that are not necessarily great against the run, but because of how the game will go, it's NOT Likely he'll get 20+ carries.

Dolphins-Good run Def, Jax can't run it against anyone good

Cincy-Struggling a lot, this COULD be a decent start, but I doubt it. Game n Cincy

Dallas-Expect Dallas to roll in this game, rendering Jax running game mute

Colts-Ditto Dallas comment

Giant-Maybe

Texans-I like this start AS LONG as DR has established himself as "the guy" by this point

Ravens-HELL NO, especially in Baltimore (this is week 15, a huge fantasy week)

Titans-Maybe...late enough in the year where you probably will have an easy decision to make with him.

So while maybe all this is premature and no one can predict the future, Robinson doesn't look like that good a play except in 1 or 2 games from here on out. And we have to consider that 5 of their next 8 games are versus winning teams, Jax run blocking is still poor and they are not likely to win but another couple games.

Not to be a party pooper and hanging onto him is a good play if you can do it, but be wary of holding fantasy hopes on this guy.

Edited by kwolf68

Everyone keeps commenting on how bad the Browns run D is, but how about how bad the Jag's O-Line is?

Arguably the worst o-line in the league, and Denard stood behind them and put up a very solid game. Every other team the Jags have played this year have been mid-to-poor against the run, and not one RB could muster up a productive game.

I'm buying, probably even ahead of Tre Mason.

So you're making the case to pick him up because his O-line is terrible? :thinking: Ya, I'm just not gonna hop on that train. I'd take Mason all day over him.

Lest we forget that Mason absolutely cannot pass block and has zero role in the passing game. St.Louis will be behind a ton and throwing the rock alot, therefore he wont be seeing the field very much. Robinson has a chance to take the reins in a not so good Jax backfield. I think they are about equal in fantasy value. I'm staying away from both.