[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Formal Apology to Jason Garrett

Cowboyz1

I dont recall a year where Romo had less pressure to perform. He finally doesnt have to play every play as if the game depends on it and he is flourishing in that role. I think Dallas has a punchers chance with anyone. I am not anointing them, I just feel the days of us losing in embarrassing fashion and choking every week are slipping behind us. They are learning how to win and finish games. Very happy to win the east and have our hat in the ring. There is stiff competition in the NFC but I think we can play with all of them

Romo is putting up terrific numbers and has lessened the bonehead plays bigtime. All this with the bad and reinjured back. He honestly has my respect no matter what happens to the Cowboys from here on out. The man has balls

yes

I dont recall a year where Romo had less pressure to perform. He finally doesnt have to play every play as if the game depends on it and he is flourishing in that role. I think Dallas has a punchers chance with anyone. I am not anointing them, I just feel the days of us losing in embarrassing fashion and choking every week are slipping behind us. They are learning how to win and finish games. Very happy to win the east and have our hat in the ring. There is stiff competition in the NFC but I think we can play with all of them

Romo is putting up terrific numbers and has lessened the bonehead plays bigtime. All this with the bad and reinjured back. He honestly has my respect no matter what happens to the Cowboys from here on out. The man has balls

O STOP THE BS

You dont remember when he collapsed against the eagles twice past couple years and threw 4-5 picks each game

and he said to the fans ITS JUST A GAME at the end of the day ITS JUST A GAME

hes a little baby... his footwork is horrendous he throws ducks when he really has to go long just stop man

ANY QB with the protection he had this year would excel pleae pleae please please please please stop.

No but i am arguing that Romo has not done enough to warrant being better than ELI especially since he has not won anything let alone two rings..rings do count for something especially when two qb have similar stats without the rings being included . Once they are it pushes one over the other imho

So

Eli > Peyton

Eli > Marino

Eli > Tarkenton

Eli > Fouts

Eli > Moon

Eli > Kelly

Eli > McNabb

Eli > Esiason

Eli > Cunningham

Eli > Anderson

Because none of those guys have rings (or in Peyton's case Eli has 1 more than Peyton)?

And if Eli is greater than all those guys so are guys like Flacco, Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Rypien, Hostetler, Simms, McMahon, Plunkett ...

Edited by Grits and Shins

Well said......I agree but I just want to be sure we are not taking away from what Romo is doing. The fact that he has help now and better players around him meaning O line, Murray and a more veteran receiving group helps a lot. The fact that he was able to carry this team to 8-8 with a horrible defense, no running game and a porous O Line is really a testament to how good he really is. Now is the time that he takes all that experience, all that talent and grit, and drive towards the ultimate prize. If we don't make it this year I believe we are primed for a title within the next three. I can't imagine what this team could be if we had a defense even close to the Seahawks. This Defense reminds me of a NE squad that won the Superbowl. They were opportunistic and made plays when they had too but no really big stars.

O STOP THE BS

You dont remember when he collapsed against the eagles twice past couple years and threw 4-5 picks each game

and he said to the fans ITS JUST A GAME at the end of the day ITS JUST A GAME

hes a little baby... his footwork is horrendous he throws ducks when he really has to go long just stop man

ANY QB with the protection he had this year would excel pleae pleae please please please please stop.

You can't be older then 15. Your Internet allowance should be up soon right. I mean isn't it time for your PB&J and chores.

You can't be older then 15. Your Internet allowance should be up soon right. I mean isn't it time for your PB&J and chores.

Right.. do you get what seperates the mediocore from the GREAT?

Performing under pressure.. romo was a joke in the season they went 13-3 and debalced and collapsed against the vikings

it will happen again man TRUST ME i defended him for years enough is enough

Right.. do you get what seperates the mediocore from the GREAT?

Performing under pressure.. romo was a joke in the season they went 13-3 and debalced and collapsed against the vikings

it will happen again man TRUST ME i defended him for years enough is enough

Your mom is calling.............When you're older come back and hang out. Maybe you will understand this game a little better by then, and hopefully your adolescent reasoning will have dropped like your balls. Run along now, the adults are talking... :coffee:

Edited by Cowboyz1

RIGHT so are you gonna check in when romo chokes again?

Cowboyz1 may be hugh homer, he may be annoying at times, but he always checks in.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

Grits I never said Eli is better than those guys ) altnough i belive he is better than some ) nor did I say that Sb title equal greatness automatically. What I said is when comparing two qb's , SB rings should be one of the criteria ( not the only criteria ) and if their overall numbers are similar than the edge should go to the guy with the rings . Eli gets the edge as of now over romo for me as such for sure

Should Romo be a candidate for MVP this season? Right now, I'm leaning in favor of the nomination.

Absolutely. He's got the numbers, the QBR, the wins and has done it all with a broke back, off season surgery, and rib cartilage torn. I would like to see the other Elites do that. Come to think of it, I can't think of any QB that has played thought those kind of injures and still lead the league in QBR, have 32 TD's to 8 picks and have his team in the playoffs. Farve is the only one that comes to mind that tough. Can you name another?

El Matador deserves strong consideration.

if you think they have 11 wins with Weeden you're a pretty stupid human being

No-on thinks Weeden is as good as Romo. I know Seahawks21 rubs you Cowboy homers the wrong way but Cowboyz1 does the same thing times 100 for non Cowboy fans.

I'm not a Romo hater, but Cowboyz1 is calling him an elite QB. Romo has been a great QB this particular year...but he's still got guys like Dave Krieg, Eli Manning, and Drew Bledsoe with more 4th quarter comebacks in their respective careers. Heck, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck each have 9 comebacks so far in 3 seasons; and are on pace to crush Romo's career record for that category.

So anyway, FWIW, as a Hawk fan I've seen GB struggle against some pretty mediocre teams on the road. If Seattle gets homefield advantage, Dallas is the team probably scaring me more than GB at this particular time.

I'm not saying Romo hasn't been great this year, but Murray is having a more spectacular year. I think he deserves more MVP consideration than Romo would.

I'm on record on this site saying that I like Romo. I don't think you can ever win big with him, but I like his game, his personality, and how hard he tries.

I'm not scared of Green Bay, but they have a much better chance of coming into Seattle and winning than the Cowboys do. In January? Romo? Cowboys? Come on.

Teams with powerful offenses and weak defenses consistently get rolled by the Seahawks. The team I am most concerned with is Detroit.

Teams with powerful offenses and weak defenses consistently get rolled by the Seahawks. The team I am most concerned with is Detroit.

I don't think Detroit has much of a shot at GB. I'm not sure what the tiebreaker scenario is between Arizona and Detroit, but either one of those teams is going to open up the playoffs with a southern vacation against the NFC south, and the higher seed is going to get penalized.

Absolutely. He's got the numbers, the QBR, the wins and has done it all with a broke back, off season surgery, and rib cartilage torn. I would like to see the other Elites do that. Come to think of it, I can't think of any QB that has played thought those kind of injures and still lead the league in QBR, have 32 TD's to 8 picks and have his team in the playoffs. Farve is the only one that comes to mind that tough. Can you name another?

El Matador deserves strong consideration.

lmao there are 16 other QBs with more passing yards.. just stop man

brady

rodgers

manning

luck

big ben

russell wilson

Man just stop the list can go on the guy blows... and dallas has been afraid to pass all season

they jame demarco murray a million times and setup free reign for romo to sit in a rocking chair and sling back there

Weeden looked great on sunday the ball he threw for a TD looked much better than all of romos passes all day

did you not see ROMOS pick 6 on sunday?

Just stop man.. i defended romo for years and gave up last year