[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bradshaw beyond 2014

stevegrab

What do you think of his value after this year. Does he have a chance to continue as the lead back in Indy? Or have a key role on another team. Would he be a viable RB1 / RB2 in a 12 team league? I'm considering acquring him and being a keeper league and based on what I need to trade to get him, his future value is important.

He's #5 RB in our league (no PPR, 1pt/10 rush/rec, all TD 6pt). Owner is willing to trade because he has a 2 year rebuilding plan, wants young talent and draft picks.

He is 28 now and 29 when next season starts.

He's on a one year deal with the Colts and will be an unrestricted free agent in 2015.

Some career numbers (7.5 years)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradAh00.htm#rushing_and_receiving::none

1000+ carries, 4700 yards, 4.6 avg

163 rec, 1300 yards, 8.2 avg

I know he had the neck injury issues and missed most of last year. His overall mileage doesn't seem that high though. He had 4 big years with the Giants 2009-12 when he averaged about 200 carries a year.

If he stays in his current role, I'd say he retains value though I wouldn't bank on a repeat of this year. You couldn't call it flukey, but I think most would use the term unexpected for his output so far. I do not think he could survive as an every down back if TRich were to get injured; don't think he has that kind of durability.

In a vacuum that is a wise move to get him now; however, the reality of his injury history is just too stark to ignore. In addition to last year's ugly neck injury, the most acute problem is his foot. Going back to 2011, he's had screws inserted into his foot not once but twice. I am no doctor but it seems almost certain that one of those two injuries will resurface. Also, 29 is ancient for RBs.

Too risky. If I was the other guy I'd be pushing hard to sell on today's value. Got for it but don't give away much.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm trying not to mortgage too much future value. I do need the RB help now, after a quick start of 3-1 I've lost 3 straight and could be in trouble the rest of the way. My mediocre RB that started ok have gotten worse, or injured. The strength of my team (Demaryuis, Megatron, Fitz) haven't all produced as expected. I need to do something to improve my RB, short term value is the primary target, but since I'm trading draft picks the higher the pick the more I hope for some value next year.