[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Stephan Taylor

captain77

It is obvious that Ellington is the man in Arizona but does Taylor hold any value?

Ellington is getting tons of touches but is already dinged up (ankle, ribs)...and not finding the end zone (i'm sure they will come). On the flip side Taylor has scored td's in his limited touches. I have not watched any Arizona games besides what the red zone shows. Is Taylor the goal line/short yardage back or have his td's been flukey?

Any Arizona homers with some insight?

thanks

I think Taylor's greatest value is as Ellington's handcuff right now, despite his recent TD vultures. I don't see him getting enough touches to produce if he doesn' t get a TD every week. But if Ellington misses time, I love the guy. But you have to wonder what it would take o knock Ellington out of the lineup completely. The dude's already playing though injury and seems tough as nails.

I think Taylor's greatest value is as Ellington's handcuff right now, despite his recent TD vultures. I don't see him getting enough touches to produce if he doesn' t get a TD every week. But if Ellington misses time, I love the guy. But you have to wonder what it would take o knock Ellington out of the lineup completely. The dude's already playing though injury and seems tough as nails.

what will it take to knock ellington out of the lineup completely? an injury and thats about it......the cards like taylor in his role but he is nothing special.....in todays fantasy world taylor has value simply because hes a rb who sees snaps on gameday....but i agree his value is more tied to being an ellington cuff.....on taylors 2nd td last week ellington had touched the ball on 8 straight plays before it......ellington will still get his redzone/gl work when the situation calls for it....it will depend on game flow....if ellington has touched the ball a ton on a drive...or broken off a long play and gotten winded...taylor will make an appearance...but i think under relatively normal circumstances ellington will stay most of the time....thats my gut feeling

on the otherside...the cards are a good lil football team...and may have everyone buying into "roles"....especially with ellington getting alot of work and having some minor nagging injuries...maybe they are leaning towards taylor as a gl guy.....in a 10 or 12 teamer with deep benches hes worth a look....taylor is pretty good in pass protection so they wont be afraid to use him in those situations....they might try and keep ellington down to 20 touches a game if they can going forward...

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

a guy like grice....he may be more explosive and a bit more intriguing than taylor...i think the cards like taylor and like i said...hes has some experience and is a pretty good pass blocker....if ellington were to go down...id have a hard time seeing them trusting somebody they signed from a practice squad over a guy that is in his 2nd year and has carved out a role

Grice, wasn't he drafted by SD & released? Work ethic? Talent? Too many irons stoking the fire? I think Taylor will have great value if Ellington goes down, just hit out miss until then

He was a 6th rounder in sd....but they had/have alot of viable options when healthy....mathews, brown, woodhead, oliver....so it's tough to Crack the roster....I think I read something where sd was about to add him to the roster and then Zona swooped in and offered him a deal......I think they only had ellington, Taylor and Robert hughes...they needed a body.....I just don't know that Arizona is willing to lean on a practice squad guy with no nfl experience in the event something happened to ellington....

Grice got some 1st team reps and that alone speaks volumes. Believe I read staff is happy with his progression of play book. Reading between the lines I can see him passing Taylor. At a min Taylor is a risky investment, IMO.

Edited by keggerz

If Grice is active today I might start buying what ur saying

If he is still learning the playbook I wouldn't be surprised if he was inactive today but even if he is inactive it doesn't change my view. 1st team reps aren't something that just get tossed about.

thanks for the great responses.

i guess the next question to ask is:

can ellington last? what fantasy owner doesn't want their rb to get 20 plus touches a game (29 today)? it's what you hope for on draft day. ellington has had a foot issue since week 1 and now bruised ribs (every back gets dinged up) but can he continue to take this load? obviously taylor is now gimpy as well so grice may be a sleeper.

all that being said, ellington looks solid despite playing through the injuries. solid fantasy player. (wish i had him)

thanks again guys

• 2 weeks later...

is grice worth rostering?

that all depends. Dynasty team, obviously worth a stash - thanks Keggerz for that, I owe won, guess I'll be resubscribing for next season.

Redraft - I would think he is worth a shot if you have the room on the bench, why not

This keggerz guy knows his stuff. He must know someone over at Yahoo Fantasy Sports. :brow:

Good call. :tup: More reason to subscribe if you don't already, folks.

Thanks. As for the Yahoo comment, did someone from Yahoo say the same or am I missing an inside joke?