[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crockett Gilmore

Alphashado

Having terrible luck with TEs this year. I drafted VD, so I've been basically streaming TEs all year. I grabbed Owen Daniels off the waiver this week because he had such an amazing match up vs Cinn who gives up the most points to the TE position, and it isn't even close. They give up more than one TD per game to TEs. Now Daniels is out for 1-4 weeks.

The Ravens are going to start with their 3rd TE Crocket Gilmore. He is slow (4.8) but huge (6'6" 250lbs).

As I mentioned, it is a fabulous matchup and the Ravens have likely game planned for heavy TE usage. But he is a rookie with no official starts.

I have Travis Kelce on the bench, but he has a bad matchup vs the Rams who give up the 3rd fewest pts to the TE position. And for whatever reason, Andy Ried keeps him on a tight snap count despite is clear talents.

So I dunno. I feel like whichever guy I start will suck and the guy I put on the bench will blow up.

So would you guys go with the rookie getting his first start vs a great matchup, or the boom or bust guy with high upside and a stubborn coach?

Week 8 vs. Cincinnati

Cincinnati has given up the most fantasy points to Tight Ends this season. More »

Player Note Fri, Oct 24

The Ravens will start rookie Crockett Gillmore at tight end until Owen Daniels (knee scope) returns.

Advice: Daniels probably won't return for 2-4 weeks. Gillmore runs 4.89, but stands 6-foot-6, 260 and had impressive jumps of 10-foot in the broad and 33 1/2" in the vertical at February's Combine. As tight end is a huge part of OC Gary Kubiak's offense, Gillmore is worth a look for desperate TE1 streamers. He's big with long arms, reasonable athleticism, and should be a red-zone weapon.

That's just one source. I'ts from the Yahoo fantasy football format which lists how each position matches up with opposing defensive catagories.

I dunno. The matchup is pretty darn good and you can bet that the Ravens have been planning on using the TE this week. Gilmore is huge and he doesn't need to be fast to jump up and catch a Red Zone pass. As you can see in that link, the Ravens targeted their TEs an amazing 20 times in their week one matchup vs the Bangles. I'm 3-4 in that league due to an amazing amount of endless injuries, so I think I am gonna take a chance on Gilmore. Just a gut feeling. My gut has been wrong before though. Guess we shall see :)

Edited by Alphashado