[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buffalo RB Committee

Scorcher

Looks like they were having a Committee meeting somewhere off sight during the game. THey surpassed all the non expectations. The Bills are getting it going in the passing game they will probably be glad when Jackson returns as a committee of one.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 1

I remember last week one of the powers to be here on this site was on these forums and said, "Get.Bryce.Brown". I got him - glad he's riding pine. He may be riding the waiver wire shortly..

he may be? he sure as honda or ford of kia or what the hell ever better be.

Blaming someone else for your roster move is weak sauce.

Re-read my post - I never blamed anyone, was just saying there are some people who were VERY high on him going into this week. And after all I said he's on my bench. I just did what I've been doing all season long - dropping one scrub for another hoping if I throw enough isht at the wall, something will stick eventually. Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Re-read my post - I never blamed anyone, was just saying there are some people who were VERY high on him going into this week. And after all I said he's on my bench. I just did what I've been doing all season long - dropping one scrub for another hoping if I throw enough isht at the wall, something will stick eventually.

God forbid you source a poster from this site. Either way I agree, you roll the dice here and there. I didn't sense blame, however your "powers that be" comment probably insinuated a wrong rub to some.

I remember last week one of the powers to be here on this site was on these forums and said, "Get.Bryce.Brown". I got him - glad he's riding pine. He may be riding the waiver wire shortly..

I said it and still stand by it. Pretty sure I also said he had a tough matchup against the Jets.

Edit: If I didn't say anything about a tough matchup here I either said it on the podcast, one of my radio appearances or on twitter...just can't remember where I said it.

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

Looks like they were having a Committee meeting somewhere off sight during the game. THey surpassed all the non expectations. The Bills are getting it going in the passing game they will probably be glad when Jackson returns as a committee of one.

you mean the passing game that was 10 of 17? Flukey game against a decent D. At least against the run. I'd still wait and see on both RBs and still think Brown is the one to own even when Fred gets back

• Like 1

you mean the passing game that was 10 of 17? Flukey game against a decent D. At least against the run. I'd still wait and see on both RBs and still think Brown is the one to own even when Fred gets back

Only looked at Orton's 4 TD's which looked like a good passing game. Agree it was flukey. Gotta give Orton credit for knowing when to pass though.( kidding ) He sure made the most of his throws. Let it suffice to say that their passing game of late has been improving and is much more productive than it was with Emanuel; 10-17-4 is a pretty good stat., and no I wouldn't be looking for it to happen again.

Edited by Scorcher

and the Bills also only ran for 67 yards too.

I picked up Bryce Brown and he was in my lineup, no worse than the other 1s and 0s on my bench. Yes the advice of some here played a roll in my adding him, but him being in my line-up was my overall crap at RB. Like shortynaz I keep making moves hoping some honda sticks.

Just in case anybody wants to get their painties in a was, I wasn't blaming anybody. Could still be a good add, or could be a waste. Heck Fred Jackson got dropped in our league, maybe I'll add him before he returns.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but the stat I'm looking at the hardest is the 22 carries that Dixon got.

That's 10 more carries than F-Jax got and 7 more than Spiller got in any game this year.

Yeah, he only turned those carries into 44 yards, but the fact remains that they just kept feeding him the ball.

My gut is they don't fully trust Brown yet. It may take a week or two for that to happen... and by then Jackson may be ready to return.

So in the time being, I'll start Dixon again... at least against KC and the Dolphins... they get the Jets again Week 12 :wacko:

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but the stat I'm looking at the hardest is the 22 carries that Dixon got.

That's 10 more carries than F-Jax got and 7 more than Spiller got in any game this year.

Yeah, he only turned those carries into 44 yards, but the fact remains that they just kept feeding him the ball.

My gut is they don't fully trust Brown yet. It may take a week or two for that to happen... and by then Jackson may be ready to return.

So in the time being, I'll start Dixon again... at least against KC and the Dolphins... they get the Jets again Week 12 :wacko:

I think there is a serious coaching issue in Buf. Obviously with the QB situation but why trade for Brown then keep him inactive half the year?

I picked up Bryce Brown and he was in my lineup, no worse than the other 1s and 0s on my bench. Yes the advice of some here played a roll in my adding him, but him being in my line-up was my overall crap at RB. Like shortynaz I keep making moves hoping some honda sticks.

Just in case anybody wants to get their painties in a was, I wasn't blaming anybody. Could still be a good add, or could be a waste. Heck Fred Jackson got dropped in our league, maybe I'll add him before he returns.

Def pick up Fred.

2nd week in a row A Dixon is listed as the highest Buffalo RB on the Huddle's ROS rankings, and Bryce Brown isn't even on the list of the top 70 RBs.

I'm bullish on him and Tuvey is bearish. Two opposing views is all.

edit: and Tre Mason wasn't listed in week 7 but in week 8 was 40. Things change quickly week-to-week.

Edited by keggerz

I'm bullish on him and Tuvey is bearish. Two opposing views is all.

edit: and Tre Mason wasn't listed in week 7 but in week 8 was 40. Things change quickly week-to-week.

I hear ya - I'm taking your advice and hanging on to him for another week - really only cause there's not a better option out there. I want to give you that chance to say "I told you so" and still have that player on my team. :)

I hear ya - I'm taking your advice and hanging on to him for another week - really only cause there's not a better option out there. I want to give you that chance to say "I told you so" and still have that player on my team. :)

even if he does I wouldn't say that. The upside is what's enticing.
  • Like 1

The upside is what's enticing.

I get it - and FWIW, now is the time to pick him up. Whenever I drop someone, they're the waiver wire darling the next week. Had Oliver - let him go a week too soon. Had Tate - dropped him a week before he came back. Had L Miller - dropped him the week before Moreno got hurt (and had Lacy as my RB1). So yeah.. I just dropped B Brown for J Gray. Time to dump Gray if you got him and get B Brown. :)