[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats vs Broncos

Gourdeau

Dude...my point is we are gonna kick the Pats asses.

You said "And you might as well bench Gronk in fantasy because Talib is gonna clear that dance floor"

I'm simply trying to decide who I should sit Gronk for?

Back on point, It would be hard to bet against the Broncos against ANYBODY this year, however I think Gronk is about as safe a play as there is at TE. Even the great J. Thomas has a bad week now and again. :brow:

Sometimes posts on here are nothing but trash talk and not literal start bench recommendations. Jeezus.

I am playing Gronk in season long leagues where I own him. Not touching him in DFS. There is at least a good chance that DEN puts Talib on Gronk and if that happens, he is not going to have a very Gronky day.

I don't know how you roll, but if I invest in Gronk, I don't carry another TE. It would be insane to pull Rob Housler off the wire and start him.

I think Talib will play Gronk at times but I also feel that Talib will be looking to shut down Lafell.

How the heck does the NFL schedule work, this is 3 years straight that the Pats get the edge on play Manning at home.

I'm guessing this year's is because all the AFC East plays the AFC West so its the Pats turn at home against the Broncos, the last time being pre-Peyton (Tebow ran in two TDs in a nice fantasy day but the pats won easily).

Not sure how the schedule of home and aways works between teams finishing in the same position in the same conference.

I'm guessing this year's is because all the AFC East plays the AFC West so its the Pats turn at home against the Broncos, the last time being pre-Peyton (Tebow ran in two TDs in a nice fantasy day but the pats won easily).

Not sure how the schedule of home and aways works between teams finishing in the same position in the same conference.

Other than one home and one away not sure there is any kind of rotation there.

I dunno man...Belichick provided the perfect blueprint to dealing with the athletic TE and now the guy that you need in order to execute it is in Denver. Talib is a big physical corner and Gronk is really the only big physical pass catcher in NE. I would be pretty disappointed in Del Rio if he didn't use Talib to take Gronk away. LaFell is also a decent sized receiver, but I think that Harris can handle him pretty well, and really, it's the pass rush that needs to limit his impact to the game. If Miller and Ware can limit Brady's time in the pocket, those deep routes won't be able to develop. Roby should matchup well to Edleman, the rookie has been most impressive thus far.

I will probably seek some exposure to this game in DFS, but I don't plan to load up on it. I think both of these defenses are still underrated. This just feels like that GB @ DET game earlier in the season that had the highest O/U of the week but was a defensive stalemate. In leagues, you are obviously starting your Bronos and Patriots as they are likely your best players. I am in the temper your expectations camp because I don't think this game is going to go quite how everyone is predicting.

And yes, it is bullhonda that they cancelled the A Team.

How the heck does the NFL schedule work, this is 3 years straight that the Pats get the edge on play Manning at home.

They schedule the 6 divisional games, 4 inter conference in same division games, and 4 games with a different division in the same conference, they are left with 2 games. These last 2 inter conference games are based on last years standings (1st place vs 1st place, 2nd place vs 2nd place, etc) That is why they play each other every year. Not sure how the home and away works for these 2 games other then each team needs 8 games home and 8 away obviously. Basically these last 2 games create ratings and money. Hope this shines some light.

Edited by KipperSD

There is at least a good chance that DEN puts Talib on Gronk and if that happens, he is not going to have a very Gronky day.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this match-up.

Talib is definitely one of the tougher match-ups Gronk could face - but I think it will be tougher for Talib to shut Gronk down than it was for him to shut down Graham.

Both Graham and Gronk are great - and picking differences in their game is definitely splitting hairs. I do think Gronk has more power than Graham -- or, if not power, more of a willingness to mix it up -- that will suit him better for dealing with a physical corner like Talib. I know that's a tough thing to quantify - but Gronk's generally regarded as a very strong run blocker, whereas that's probably the one area Graham wouldn't be considered elite.

I'm not sure if they'll actually put Talib on Gronk for the full game - but it would be an awesome match-up to watch.

With the focus being on Gronk and Lafell -- this could be a bounce back day for Edelman and Vereen.

I can't remember for sure, a Sains fan would probably remember better, but at the time Talib faced Graham, he might've already been playing through his high ankle sprain.

• Like 1

It's only 1 game BA. The Broncos were outplayed....and out coached. Lots of reminders from the SB, as they were not prepared to face the Pats in Foxboro. That's on John Fox, et al.

With that being said, we'll see them again in the playoffs, in Denver, and we'll be able to sleep easy......and drink less!

Go Broncos!

• Like 1

The Broncos have to figure out a way to cover Gronk. It's that simple. He is a beast and not easily removed from a game. A linebacker needs to jam him at the line and he must be double teamed apparently. It was also interesting to see that Edelman is the quickest and fastest receiver to ever play the game (at least Denver made him look that way). Talib got worked by him most of the game.

Why was Manning throwing to Tamme so much. He was never open yet he was forcing the ball to him most of the 4th quarter. That seemed very odd to me.