[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But are free agent dollars really the most fair as opposed to worst goes first?

DMD

This time of year is when I really hate worst to first. This week the 2 teams that are definitely out of the race picked up Anderson and J Mathews, while teams that are in the hunt get scraps if anything.Just like some leagues don't allow teams that are out of the race to trade, maybe there should be a point where teams that are out of it move to the back of the WW going down the stretch.

This time of year is when I really hate worst to first. This week the 2 teams that are definitely out of the race picked up Anderson and J Mathews, while teams that are in the hunt get scraps if anything.Just like some leagues don't allow teams that are out of the race to trade, maybe there should be a point where teams that are out of it move to the back of the WW going down the stretch.

Does your league have any prize money based on scoring? My league has two, and a Toilet Bowl as well. While I 100% understand your frustration and point, as with everything, it depends on your league. Of course, one could also argue that if the bottom-feeders are that bad, will they realistically/probably get weekly high score? Probably not. But they still have a shot at the Toilet Bowl money (which is about 1/2 entry fee). Yes, we have money for the "losers" in our league.

• Like 1

Put it this way, I blew out of the gate this season winning my first four games by a good margin, then came the injuries; Rashad Jennings, AJ Green, Jordan Cameron, Lamar Miller, Gio. Since then I have dropped 5 out of the last 6 games simply because I cannot pick up a replacement off the worst-to-first waiver wire. Last week I went ahead & picked up Ball in anticipation of his return because I knew I wouldn't have a chance once he sees the field, so CJ Anderson has a huge game. I put my 1st round waiver in for Anderson and my 2nd round waiver on Jordan Mathews, who I really didn't need. Both Anderson & Mathews were taken in the 1st round of waivers. One of the teams is a guy who's taken my top waiver pick at least 6 times this season. The guy has scored over 100 points now 4 out of the last 5 games and over the last three has averaged about 140... He's 4-6, but he's 5th in the league in scoring.

Does your league have any prize money based on scoring? My league has two, and a Toilet Bowl as well. While I 100% understand your frustration and point, as with everything, it depends on your league. Of course, one could also argue that if the bottom-feeders are that bad, will they realistically/probably get weekly high score? Probably not. But they still have a shot at the Toilet Bowl money (which is about 1/2 entry fee). Yes, we have money for the "losers" in our league.

We don't have any money other than the teams that come in 1st-3rd on the year.Those are some good ideas. It's a bit of a vicious cycle because you want the teams that are out to still try and at least play spoiler as opposed to giving up giving out easy wins to the teams they play. One year in a league I was in a guy at the bottom dropped all of his players and abruptly quit the league. The commissioner ruled that all of his good players could not be picked up, and then quietly acquired them over the next 3 weeks. ( I finished the year and then quit that league) That is the other end but when they are grabbing up all of the WW significant players it is just frustrating.

We don't have any money other than the teams that come in 1st-3rd on the year.Those are some good ideas. It's a bit of a vicious cycle because you want the teams that are out to still try and at least play spoiler as opposed to giving up giving out easy wins to the teams they play. One year in a league I was in a guy at the bottom dropped all of his players and abruptly quit the league. The commissioner ruled that all of his good players could not be picked up, and then quietly acquired them over the next 3 weeks. ( I finished the year and then quit that league) That is the other end but when they are grabbing up all of the WW significant players it is just frustrating.

Problem is if you prevent teams who are "out of it" from making WW claims, or push them to the back of the line, what happens to their team when they have big injuries and need that CJ Anderson or Jordan Matthews to remain competitive? Now they're stuck with the scraps, have a less competitive team and even less chance of beating the power teams. Which gives those teams an edge in winning the late season games. If I were in that position I may just give up entrely and not bother setting a line-up each week.

I think having some weekly prizes, toilet bowls, etc are good ideas, But just because you don't have them doesn't mean you want to handcuff the teams at the bottom of the league from making moves.

The past couple of weeks the bottom 3-4 teams in our league (I'm one) who have the top waiver spots have not been making many waiver moves. While CJ Anderson may help them, there isn't a lot of long term value (keeper league) and the $2 cost to marginally improve your team when you're already out of it is a bit of a deterrent.

I get why people are unhappy with players they need getting scooped up in front of them. In that case push for a change to blind bid, or some other adjustment to the waivers, like maybe not resetting the order every week (complex to administer).

Put it this way, I blew out of the gate this season winning my first four games by a good margin, then came the injuries; Rashad Jennings, AJ Green, Jordan Cameron, Lamar Miller, Gio. Since then I have dropped 5 out of the last 6 games simply because I cannot pick up a replacement off the worst-to-first waiver wire. Last week I went ahead & picked up Ball in anticipation of his return because I knew I wouldn't have a chance once he sees the field, so CJ Anderson has a huge game. I put my 1st round waiver in for Anderson and my 2nd round waiver on Jordan Mathews, who I really didn't need. Both Anderson & Mathews were taken in the 1st round of waivers. One of the teams is a guy who's taken my top waiver pick at least 6 times this season. The guy has scored over 100 points now 4 out of the last 5 games and over the last three has averaged about 140... He's 4-6, but he's 5th in the league in scoring.

Damn man...that sucks.

I would push the hell outta the issue in the offseason. If they won't go to FABB or at least a use-claim-move-to-last system, I'd probably have to leave that league were I in your position. The worst to first system is maddening.

Damn man...that sucks.

I would push the hell outta the issue in the offseason. If they won't go to FABB or at least a use-claim-move-to-last system, I'd probably have to leave that league were I in your position. The worst to first system is maddening.

Somebody mentioned a system where the order was reset each week based on points scored. In that case the team that starts out bad and is rebuilding but winning doesn't continue to have the edge over people with an early start.

Not every league will do bidding for waivers, people can choose not to play in them but trying to tweak the system should also be considered.

That's why I mentioned the move to last after claim system. Not as complex as blind bidding, but still treats waiver claims as strategic assets to be managed wisely.

I get that, but feel it could be too drastic of a change for leagues that do worst to first. With no resets all season the bad teams quickly lose any advantage in getting better players. Yes there is more strategy now involved with making claims.

That is why I'm trying to consider a hybrid, where it doesn't reset every week, or would be reset based on the weekly points scored so that each week is more relative to recent performance (instead of favoring those with a bad start and punishing those with a good start when both teams are pretty similar (4-5, 5-4 records), Unfortunately CBS doesn't support anything like that. So we're stuck with what we have, no weekly reset (we'd have to manually set the initial waiver order to start the season), or going to bidding.