[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odd trade went down

Gourdeau

Yes, ask questions for sure. Just don't jump the gun. There could be a solid explanation for this that ends up being a traditional mult-facet trade that's executed strangely. Something like "I will trade you Colston for your pickup" if he's got early priorty. Knowing he's trading for someone, the Stills drop just opens the roster spot.

It would have been simpler to just drop Stills, pick up X, and trade X for Colston, but we don't know about deadlines (NOS plays Thursday) etc.

What's aggravating is I had a conversation with the colston owner in Monday and proposed a trade that was sending him 1 extra player and he declined saying he already was having difficulty deciding who to drop. Although Colston has not been great I think he's a guy to stash if Cooks goes down or graham goes down again

My response

That's not how things work lol that's considered collusion I like colston too and I'm sure others would also. Even though he hasnt been great hes a decent stash if a team has the room in case a saints wr gets hurt so im certain some teams would have put a bid in. He should have been dropped to the waiver and allowed for faab bidding regardless of how u and (stills owner) and others felt of the other trade. that trade was done and Colston was not part of it. I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't dropped stills but it looks fishy when that happens

response from colston owner

He liked Colston and I was going to drop him. Since everyone including (stills owner) felt I raped him last trade....lol I traded him Colston basically as part of that deal.

Then I'd say let it go. It's not like either of those guys is all that valuable, and they admitted that this was to counter balance a previous trade. Weird, but what evah...

colston owner response

I tried trading him to a few people and asked stills owner if he liked him as I needed to get a D. He said he liked him but asked what I could possibly want for him so I traded for Stills and tried a few other trades to free up a spot. No one would bite even if it involved a D. I wasn't sure if I could drop Stills after the game was over tonight so I dropped him now and set up a waiver claim to add a D for this weekend.

Thought wrong.. here is my response then his resposes

So essentially you were hoping stills would give u a better chance at trading with another team for a d correct ?

No everyone was hating on Colston so stills owner sent that trade to me I accepted it and tried trading other WR's planning on keeping Stills but no takers.I traded him to stills owner after texting with him. Looking back now probably wrong move considering I had to drop Stills but it's done now.Sorry bro I did say to him that the original trade may get some people upset but decided to go for it anyway. I don't have a D and was worried if he played his game I would not be able to drop him.

So he traded Colston for Stills, was going to keep Stills and trade another WR for a D. When that didn't happen, he still needed a D and dropped Stills.

Can you follow that from the transactions on your league site. Was the trade executed, then significant time transpird before Stills ws dropped for a D?

The explanation does kind of make sense, but if he needed a spot to add a D, why not just trade the guy Colston for a draft pick, then add a D off waivers?

I get that the TNF game ads confusion, and he's right he would have to drop Stills before the game starts.

You were right to question it, because trading something for nothing (dropping the player you got in the trade) looks fishy. You may also want to let your league know you looked into it and are satisfied it was not something fishy (and explain why if you can).