[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How concerned are gio owners(j hill)

Cincy has been pretty quiet...gio not even seen at par active Wednesday...hip pointer and a clavicle issue....might be a good spot to rest him

I'm up against the gio owner this week...and have Hill on my.bench....I've gone 4 wr all year but if gio is out Sunday I may flex him with Ingram and Ellington as my backs(lacy on bye)....normally I'd go with dez, Benjamin, Wallace and Baldwin ....I'll be starting Benjamin tonight but may so one of the other receivers in favor of hill

Jax gives up some catches to rb and hill is a decent lil pass catcher...jax isn't yielding much per carry but still a decent matchup for hill if he's looking at 20+ touches

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Im hoping he sits as a Hill owner.

Although I'm starting Hill anyways because I'm hoping the Bengals get comfortably ahead that they run the ball a lot and rest Gio more if the game is done as a contest. Plus if Gio does go then I'm assuming he's still ailing with these injuries so Hill might get a higher share of the carries.

A point that could factor in to overall usage for Bernard: Cincy has the week 10 Thursday game

Conventional wisdom suggests that, even if Gio is active, he will be kept fresh for the Thursday game. I'm firing up Hill this weekend anyway for the same reasons that Dolphin Akie mentioned (and with Lacy on bye too as FIDTML mentioned). I wouldn't be counting on Gio this weekend if I owned him, and quite frankly, I'd be a bit worried about week 10 as well. I read something from Mort on ESPN that the Bengals are getting Cedric Peerman ready to complement Hill.

Conventional wisdom suggests that, even if Gio is active, he will be kept fresh for the Thursday game. I'm firing up Hill this weekend anyway for the same reasons that Dolphin Akie mentioned (and with Lacy on bye too as FIDTML mentioned). I wouldn't be counting on Gio this weekend if I owned him, and quite frankly, I'd be a bit worried about week 10 as well. I read something from Mort on ESPN that the Bengals are getting Cedric Peerman ready to complement Hill.

Heard the same about peerman....hard to tell if that's just for Sunday or maybe even Thursday too....gio wasn't even seen at practice at all yesterday and they've been pretty quiet

So Gio has been ruled out for week 9, and it doesn't sound like a given that he will be back for week 10 either. The Huddle projections don't appear to have this factored in for Hill's workload, but Hill is looking like a pretty darn solid play.

Strange that the Huddle projections were not modified, or eve mention possibility Gio is out, since their news feed shows he was ruled out around 3PM yesterday. Guess those were already done before then, big opportunity for Hill.

Strange that the Huddle projections were not modified, or eve mention possibility Gio is out, since their news feed shows he was ruled out around 3PM yesterday. Guess those were already done before then, big opportunity for Hill.

If you have Hill, he should be starting. He could finish as a Top 5 RB this week, surely top 10-15.

In one of my leagues someone dropped Hill in favor of AP this weekend...he's also the G Bernard owner

I'm still confused by it o_O

The timing of Gio's injury was perfect for Hill so dropping him is completely mad. First game as the starter is home to the Jags followed by a TNF game at home against the Browns who've been even worse against the run at times, gives him the best chance of starting again if Gio only has 5 days after missing Sunday.

Worst case scenario you'd imagine is that Gio is back Thursday but is limited in carries due to carrying an injury.

I expect Hill to carry the mail on Thursday, but what I want to know is if this kid's 6 YPC against a fair run defense like Jax translates into another big game vs. the Browns, what will the Bengals do once Gio is cleared to play? Doesn't it seem likely that they might form a RBBC going forward? Gio has been a bell cow so far, but It just seems hard to imagine the Bengals reverting to that balance of snaps for their RBs if Hill plays well again.

^70/30, maybe a little extra for Hill if game is out of reach one way or the other. As far as I can tell the RBBC approach is most utilized when a team has 2 or more RBs with distinct talents; one is better between the tackles, another has better hands in the passing game, etc. There's no massive difference between Hill and Gio from what I've seen, just 2 equally gifted backs. Gio will remain top dog as long as he's healthy and Hill's role will be relief and preservation.