[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To many "Expert opinions" out there in fantasy football land...

FatalFact

Game flow is such an important factor...

Also, with regard to Silva, one thing he said earlier this year and I agree with him was that there are a bunch of VERY good fantasy analysts and many know the game as well or better than pure NFL analysts. The problem is the stigma with "fantasy" which is a shame because there really are some very astute guys out there that are great at what they do.

Yeah, and there in lies the crux of how popular fantasy football has become. Along with the popularity, you have an influx of amature "experts" working for networks attempting to cash in. But at the same time, the stigma you mentioned is fading fast. it is becoming a common topic of conversation to be found in almost any social environment. No longer is it frowned upon as some kind of geeky fringe past time, but rather it's becoming quite mainstream. So the issue is a double edged sword. At the end of the day, growing popularity is probably a good thing. It's good for football in general and it's creating markets and job opportunities where very few existed a decade ago.

I will check out your podcast. I operate a bulldozer for 12 hours a day, so I digest a stupid amount of podcasts during the week. I am new to the huddle community, so I look forward checking it out.

Yeah, and there in lies the crux of how popular fantasy football has become. Along with the popularity, you have an influx of amature "experts" working for networks attempting to cash in. But at the same time, the stigma you mentioned is fading fast. it is becoming a common topic of conversation to be found in almost any social environment. No longer is it frowned upon as some kind of geeky fringe past time, but rather it's becoming quite mainstream. So the issue is a double edged sword. At the end of the day, growing popularity is probably a good thing. It's good for football in general and it's creating markets and job opportunities where very few existed a decade ago.

I will check out your podcast. I operate a bulldozer for 12 hours a day, so I digest a stupid amount of podcasts during the week. I am new to the huddle community, so I look forward checking it out.

Cool...make sure to check out the early shows with Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy because there's stuff in those two that's just good football knowledge and not necessarily just about what to expect from a particular player etc.

A Fantasy Football “expert” can be proclaimed by analyzing statistics. This is why useless information is published to substantiate the prediction, like how many times the team faced the opponent in the last 10 years. The crux of this OP is, IMO, accountability. Predict whatever one chooses to, but there should be some hit/miss data on past predictions.