[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's starting Brees tonight?

Nostack

Before Romo had gotten blasted on Monday, I was planning on sitting Brees and playing Romo. Now that Romo is questionable, I'm going to start Brees. I can't risk a no showfor Romo. For those of you who have Drew and another option at QB, will you still start Brees? It's a road against Carolina, which means a more domesticated Saints offense.

Fantasy football is completely different than being a fan of a football team. I play to win, not donate.

Understood, hence the "set aside fan loyalties" line.

Let's see....

1. Brees threw for 281 and 1 score in CAR last year, against a much better Panther defense.

2. Panthers have given up 9th most fantasy points to QBs

3. Brees has thrown for over 300 yards in 5 of 7 games this season. He has thrown for multiple scores in all but one.

4. In Carolina, Panthers let Stafford go for 291/1. Big Ben was held to 196 yards but had 2 scores. Cutler, 289/2.

:shrug:

300 and 2 with a few turn overs is certainly possible if not likely. I just feel that is more like the ceiling rather than the low side to his numbers. I haven't crunched the numbers, but it seems like most quarterbacks not on the Jets or Vikings can get those numbers. I like to play towards the upside to a fault and I felt that my other option (Romo) had more upside till his back contusion. Brees was a keeper for me, but looking back with 20/30, I could of gotten his numbers from a different QB.

• 3 weeks later...

Brees has not been himself all year. I know in pre-season he hurt his shoulder. Has he been playing banged up all year or is age catching up to him? I have him on two of my Dynasty leagues. I'm concerned about his play for the next couple of years.

Brees has not been himself all year. I know in pre-season he hurt his shoulder. Has he been playing banged up all year or is age catching up to him? I have him on two of my Dynasty leagues. I'm concerned about his play for the next couple of years.

It's time for me to come clean. This is the first year I have ever taken a Saints player, let alone any QB, high in my local and it just so happened to be the most important player. As Brees goes, so do the Saints & I trucked it up for everyone. :(