[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam

Bobby Brown

His favorite throw seems to be rocket line drives 5 feet over the intended WR's head off his back foot. Granted his WRs have dropped some balls tonight; but it's not like he makes accurate throws the majority of the time either. Questionable decision maker and no real improvement (maybe regression) after his impressive rookie year.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Yep....even when he's making outside shoulder throws to benjamin they end up out of bounds and uncatchable.....still piss ed at benjamin though for dropping a td on a rare good throw by newton....I'll cut cam some slack....his offensive line is horrible and overall the offense lacks creativity

And the inside slant route/inside position TD target that was sailed way high. As a Benjamin owner it was lovely watching what could have been a 3 TD performance turn into a 3.8 dud when my opponent had Brees and Ingram. FF is so much fun at times. :fball:

Edited by Bobby Brown

Where were the screen passes? How many times was it 3rd and long, JStew is in the backfield, the ball is snapped and as he goes out for a pass Cam takes off and runs. I know the line was horrible (took the Saints a quarter to remember that) and he was under a lot of pressure. And all those high passes, dude you are killing your team with that, and take a little off the ball once in a while. Every pass doesn't need to be a 100MPH fast ball.

Oh and what was with them giving DWill so many carries, after about 10 at 2 yards a pop compared to the 5-10 yard runs JStew was getting you think they'd know who can do better. (Yes I own JStew and was hoping for a few more points.)

Cam looks terrible. 10/28 passing for 35% completion percentage. I don't play any of their RB's but I can't believe they still employ Deangelo Williams. He is so grossly overpaid, and Stewart looks much better. Cam is so locked in on Benjamin he missed wide open receivers everywhere else because he doesn't even look at them. Olsen was open constantly

He's killing me. Like the previous poster said, every pass is thrown as hard as possible, it seems. I do disagree with the notion that he has regressed since his rookie season... I thought he looked way better last year (as well as 2012) than he does now. He's definitely regressed, at least in some regards, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly when the regression started. One thing is undoubtedly clear... It seems his rushing TD total is going to decrease for the 3rd straight year, and his TD/INT ratio is on pace to be his worst yet.

I own him in a couple of leagues, one of which scores 6 points for all TD's. Not only that, but we get a point for every 5 rushes as well. In that league, Cam has broken 20 points ONCE in 8 games (and that was a 35-point performance that really makes his overall point total somewhat misleading). He's probably the biggest disappointment on any of my teams, honestly (except Montee Ball, but I've already written him off as dead money).

Cam looks terrible. 10/28 passing for 35% completion percentage. I don't play any of their RB's but I can't believe they still employ Deangelo Williams. He is so grossly overpaid, and Stewart looks much better. Cam is so locked in on Benjamin he missed wide open receivers everywhere else because he doesn't even look at them. Olsen was open constantly

He was looking deep all the time and ignoring many open receivers underneath. As Phil Simms said he needs to learn to take those 5-7 yard passes when he can (not on 3rd and 10) instead pushing downfield.

His accuracy isn't necessarily bad, more like inconsistent. When he's on, he can fit the ball into tight windows better than anyone else in the league. Where he seems to struggle is making the reads quickly and when his OL sucks he gets worse. The WRs also have hands of stone. I have always liked watching the Panthers and as a fan of Eric Decker, I really wish they would have signed him this past offseason.

Where were the screen passes? How many times was it 3rd and long, JStew is in the backfield, the ball is snapped and as he goes out for a pass Cam takes off and runs. I know the line was horrible (took the Saints a quarter to remember that) and he was under a lot of pressure. And all those high passes, dude you are killing your team with that, and take a little off the ball once in a while. Every pass doesn't need to be a 100MPH fast ball.

Oh and what was with them giving DWill so many carries, after about 10 at 2 yards a pop compared to the 5-10 yard runs JStew was getting you think they'd know who can do better. (Yes I own JStew and was hoping for a few more points.)

I agree....their offensive gameplan sucks....they put themselves in honda ty situations by insisting on running the ball early ....they don't run the ball well ....I think they ran a screen on the first play of the 2nd half or it was the first drive....where deangelo picked up a big gain....I don't remember once them lining benjamin up in the slot and letting him run a drag or shallow cross like 7 yards deep .....those routes are almost always open and easy to convert....sure would have helped them get some confidence and maybe a rhythm

I have never believed in any of the run first, pass second QBs. (Kaperpick, Michael Pick, SuperPick, and RPick3) They couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a throw, they can't read a cover 2 like they have never played Madden before, and they run so much they are bound to get hurt in this league.

His accuracy isn't necessarily bad, more like inconsistent. When he's on, he can fit the ball into tight windows better than anyone else in the league.

Does that window consist of throwing to a 10 foot tall WR in a room with 12 foot high ceilings?

Edited by Bobby Brown

He looked terrible on Thursday night, he lacks any type of touch with the football, everything is frozen rope. Without touch you cannot let your receivers run under the ball to make big plays. He has had three bad weeks in a row and really except for the Cinny game (who’s De has been pretty bad as of late) he has look awful all year. I am afraid he is not a franchise QB.

I am afraid he is not a franchise QB.

Don't be afraid, Be happy. Know why? Cause there are those that will argue until they are blue in the face that Cam is a top 5, top 10, franchise QB, mobile QB and will continue to burn a 1st or 2nd round pick on the guy. That makes me jump for joy. :pickle::yay:

Edited by tazinib1

He was really bad on Thursday. He doesn't seem to check down at all. So many times other WR's were wide freakin open and he's still staring at one receiver. I really thought the offense would take a big step backward this year, but I didn't think Cam would as well. I really do think part of it is that there were 3 backups on the offensive line and he didn't trust any of them. Can't blame him on that one.

Don't be afraid, Be happy. Know why? Cause there are those that will argue until they are blue in the face that Cam is a top 5, top 10, franchise QB, mobile QB and will continue to burn a 1st or 2nd round pick on the guy. That makes me jump for joy. :pickle::yay:

Burning a 1st or 2nd on any QB is ill advised. This year I got Cam in the 8th, 9th, and 11th rounds.

I did take him near the end of the 4th in a dynasty start up, but I'm not willing to call that a bad pick just yet. He's still a young player with gobs of talent. If he gets out of CAR, or if they draft another good WR and work on the OL, he will be a beast for a long time.